Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Palm - Support - Treo 700p Security Patch

Posted May 18, 2007

Installation requirements
    Download & install (two options):
    - Windows/Mac
    - Over The Air

When the Treo 700p smartphone password protection is enabled, the password protection can be partially circumvented by running the Find feature while on the "Make Emergency Call" screen. This would allow a malicious user to view a list of search results from the Treo 700p's built-in applications such as Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Memos and Email. The malicious user cannot access or display anything beyond the search results list. An update is now available to address this.
    Who should install this update?
    All Treo 700p smartphone users.

Notes: This patch is intended only for the Treo 700p smartphone. It does not work with other Palm devices.
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ityupdate.html

((There is another post in this forum that refers to this update, but I chose to post this with since some might not read the other thread due to the fact that the title doesn't mention the update))

Note...this is not the (much anticipated) Maintenance Release
    Yeah, and you can't even download it. Error on the website.
    Same error here.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Me three on the error . . . . .

l
    Why wouldn't they just include thin in the MR since it is so close to being released... unless the 28th date is going to slip again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    Why wouldn't they just include thin in the MR since it is so close to being released... unless the 28th date is going to slip again...
    What a mess. Wake up Palm! While you're at it, how about fixing the broken quicksync feature for Vista. Surely it can't take you this long to fix that too?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Oops! I mistitled this post. I entered

" Palm - Support - Treo 700p Security Patch "

I should have titled it

"Hey guys, let's bash Palm...again!"

Could a moderator please change the title, thanks!

Can't we just give it a break until May 28? It's only 10 days.
    Last edited by haroldo; 05/18/2007 at 09:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Oops! I mistitled this post. I entered

" Palm - Support - Treo 700p Security Patch "

I should have titled it

"Hey guys, let's bash Palm...again!"

Could a moderator please change the title, thanks!

Can't we just give it a break until May 28? It's only 10 days.
    For those of you who read the Palm Blog, he had a post on how them make an update. Releasing this patch before the firmware update doesn't really jive with his explanation.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    the ota download is broken
    i hope this does not prove to be an indicator of what willhappen with the MR
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The link is broken. I've tried downloading it from my PC and no dice.

Nice work Palm, nothing seems to be working for the ugly-duckling 700p...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    It's not just the 700p. It doesn't work for the 680 either.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Well if they don't test their products... why would they test their web pages.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I think I figured this problem out within in the first week of having the phone..

Also on mine if you have a password on the phone and you pull the battery out hold down the red end button then put the battery back it will sometimes bypass the password protection. Also doing a few soft resets ina row will do this.
    Isn't that the patch that was released a couple of months ago? It might be just a web editting goof.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Isn't that the patch that was released a couple of months ago? It might be just a web editting goof.
    There was a home grown security patch released months ago, is that what you are thinking about? And that link worked :-)
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I never could get past the security using the find loophole on either my 650 or 700p. Could it be because I am using Butler?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Works Now as of 6pm EDT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    Works Now as of 6pm EDT.
    Same here.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    If anyone cares, after I installed this patch, it fubar'd my sent/received data statistics (call totals). Did this happen to anyone else? My airtime minute count was not affected, just the data count. I have Verizon Wireless.
    I assume that this patch will have to be reinstalled if we ever have to do a hard reset just like the DST patch. Do you guys agree?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast