Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    worked for me to download direct "Over The Air".

FWIW, for those with anything other than a 700p trying to download this, it specifically says this is just for the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by eiresurg View Post

FWIW, for those with anything other than a 700p trying to download this, it specifically says this is just for the 700p.
    I believe there is also a patch available for other treos
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I downloaded and installed the patch and it gave me the message "Your device does not require this update."

However, I still have the "find" bug when I go to make an emergency call after locking the device. So, this is not working for me.

Go figure...
    Last edited by Rob_T; 05/19/2007 at 11:42 PM.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by eiresurg View Post

this is also for the 680. even the filename says so. "Download Treo700p680SecurityInstaller.prc"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I donleaded and installed the patch and it gave me the message "Your device does nto require this update."

However, I still have the "find" bug when I go to make an emergency call after locking the device. So, this is nor working for me.

Go figure...
    Did you install the non-Palm delivered "find fix" that was created by one of the members of TC? It might cause that.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    Did you install the non-Palm delivered "find fix" that was created by one of the members of TC? It might cause that.
    I had find fix installed at one time...but I removed it weeks ago...
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Can't we just give it a break until May 28? It's only 10 days.
    Ummm... yeah... 10 days. My unicorn is patiently sitting at the computer in her stall waiting to download this to her Treo....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    There was a home grown security patch released months ago, is that what you are thinking about? And that link worked :-)
    I guess it was.
    I am having the same problem that other members of this forum have reported, namely:

When attempting to install on my Palm Treo 700p the May 18, 2007 security update patch (which closes the well-documented emergency call find loophole), it downloads fine from the Palm web site (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...tyupdate.html), but when I run it on my Treo 700p, the program says that the update is not required on my Palm. This, however, is entirely incorrect, as the security bug indeed exists (which I reconfirmed both before and after the download and attempted installation). Has anyone heard of this problem and does anyone have a fix?

Please know that I have only tried this with over-the-air (OTA) installation, that is, downloading the update directly from the Palm web site (see above URL) right to my Treo, and I have not tried the other approach, namely, installing to PC desktop and then hot synching. But this should make no difference.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? If so, please e-mail me directly at EvanKatz@nyc.rr.com.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Evan Katz
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKatz View Post
    I am having the same problem that other members of this forum have reported, namely:

When attempting to install on my Palm Treo 700p the May 18, 2007 security update patch (which closes the well-documented emergency call find loophole), it downloads fine from the Palm web site (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...tyupdate.html), but when I run it on my Treo 700p, the program says that the update is not required on my Palm. This, however, is entirely incorrect, as the security bug indeed exists (which I reconfirmed both before and after the download and attempted installation). Has anyone heard of this problem and does anyone have a fix?

Please know that I have only tried this with over-the-air (OTA) installation, that is, downloading the update directly from the Palm web site (see above URL) right to my Treo, and I have not tried the other approach, namely, installing to PC desktop and then hot synching. But this should make no difference.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? If so, please e-mail me directly at EvanKatz@nyc.rr.com.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Evan Katz
    I'm having the exact same issue. Even after a hard reset of the device I get an error saying I dopn't need the patch when in fact I do as the find flaw is still present.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12