1.    #1  
    ugg... I got my 755p two days ago. I've been very happy with this till today w/out any problem. It was way better than 650 which I had for 2 yrs.
    I was taking a picture, acidently covered the lense w/ my finger. and realized there's a dead pixel on my screen :\
    I purchased thru phone... so icalled *2, since when did they closed down after 12????
    does anybody know if I can just exchange at a sprint store??
    thanks
  2. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Ugh, I hate dead pixels, especially on something with as few pixels as a PDA. I had one on my Clie NX80 that thankfully was stuck on dark blue so it was subtle. I hope they let you return it. The cover-the-lens-with-finger trick seems like a good way to test a new unit quickly, as opposed to carrying around an SD card with an LCD-testing app on it. I plan to check the screen while I'm still in the store. Hopefully it would be easier to swap it out for a good one before the sale is complete. Let us know what they say about it.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    there are several pages on the net that discuss how to bring back the dead pixel if you can't return it. Some methods involve playing a special video file or rubing the dead pixel or a combination of both.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    there are several pages on the net that discuss how to bring back the dead pixel if you can't return it. Some methods involve playing a special video file or rubing the dead pixel or a combination of both.
    I've heard of those. They've never worked for me, but I know they do work for some people. I guess some pixels are more stuck than others.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I got my 755p today, first thing I saw once I powered it on was a dead pixel, my service isn't activated yet, and I am going to get a new phone tmrw at a Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    None of the stores that can do 1-800 returns have my phone in stock, they haven't received theirs yet. Shame on them. Waiting for them to get them back in stock so I can get a new phone.
    i have a dead pixel on my phone too
    In all of my 4+ years of owning a Treo, I have NEVER had a dead pixel! Weird...! (I hope I didnt just jinx myself when I get that nifty Linux Treo this Christmas)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well I got my replacement BRAND new 755p and guess what another dead pixel YAY! another warranty exchange coming my way.
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drozek View Post
    Well I got my replacement BRAND new 755p and guess what another dead pixel YAY! another warranty exchange coming my way.
    That's too bad. At least they're willing to replace it, and not giving you some bull about 1 dead pixel being "in spec."
    How did everyone's returns go? I have a dead pixel too. Trying to decide if I should return it or not.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I am still waiting for my 3rd phone to come in.
    Did you state "a dead pixel" as being your reason for return?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yeah I did
    When I was at the store, the model had a dead pixel. I mentioned it to the sales rep and offered that maybe it was because of the amount of people using it. Have had my 755 for about 4 weeks now and it appears to be ok.
    Thomas

Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p
    I have a dead pixel as well in my 755...it is WHITE! Seems like this might be a trend for the 755 as I have never seen this in any of the other Treo models.
  17.    #17  
    I've gone thru 4 755p cause of a dead pixel
    first three i exchanged via mail, i got ticked off
    i went to a store that had repair station, i showed them the dead pixel and request them to test it before give to me. after they gone thru another 2~3 phones they found one w/ perfect condition.
    If you go to a store that don't have repair tech in the store, they can't do anything about it since their system don't let them exchange ones purchased from over the phone... i've gone thru with this soooo many times fighting over it with rep on the phone.. they were disgusting... never going to call them again, since they hung up on me, consistently stop what i'm saying, no manner what so ever.
    their cs reps bring down company sooooo much
    if i don't pay so cheap on my plan and fast evdo speed, i'd left sprint way way long time ago ahah
    Has anyone ever had any luck with running one of those videos that are supposed to get rid of the stuck pixel? I'm running one now but don't know when I should give up. I've read it could take a few hours.
    Just did the check myself after reading this post.

I recommend it for everyone :

TURN YOUR CAMERA ON - COVER THE LENS with YOUR FINGER :

I have a dark blue pixel, left of center, and a little lower down !

Going to try and do an exchange ASAP !