Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    why is this for the 650 and there is no update for the treo 680 or 700p? is it already fixed on these devices?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Interesting that it's listed on the 680 download page...either it's a mistake and shouldn't be there, or it works with the 680 and they just neglected to change their copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    why is this for the 650 and there is no update for the treo 680 or 700p? is it already fixed on these devices?
    Perhaps they have now updated the page, as I can find no reference to the 650 on that page.

It would seem this update is for 700p & 680, as that is the name of the prc file : Treo700p680SecurityInstaller.prc
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Doesn't seem to be there any more, I just get a dead page with "Content-type: text/html".

Anyone care to post it here ?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    oh, there they fixed it. it used to say Treo 650 all over the page and not 680. ok, im gonna do a backup and then download it. wish me luck, lol. anyone try it yet?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I can't seem to download it either from my Mac or directly from the phone. On my Mac I get the same "Content-type: text/html" message (an improperly encoded .prc file?). Just ONCE I'd love to see Palm get something right. I can't tell you how much time and stress their "customer support" has caused me over the years.
    I sent a message to Palm this morning saying: "I am trying to download the new Treo 680 security update at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ityupdate.html and it keeps redirecting, saying that the page is not found. I tried to dowload to my PC and I tried an OTA download on my 680, with no success. What's going on with this update?"

This was the response from Palm Support:

Dear Christie:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. A good day to you! My name is Tony. I understand that you are having a problem downloading the Treo® 680 (Unlocked GSM) security update, as you keep getting a “page not found” error when accessing the download site.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience, Christie, but the download web site is currently down for maintenance. Please try downloading the security update software again after 24 hours.

I would like to take this opportunity in inviting you to subscribe to our worldwide Palm newsletter so that we can immediately notify you about new released patches and updates. You can sign up for it by clicking the link below:

http://pref.news.palmnewsletters.com...tr.asp?c=ca&b=

Christie, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Tony
    Palm Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity in inviting you to subscribe to our worldwide Palm newsletter so that we can immediately notify you about new released patches and updates. You can sign up for it by clicking the link below:

http://pref.news.palmnewsletters.com...tr.asp?c=ca&b=
    Interestingly, when you register for this newsletter, the 700p is missing from the drop down list of devices to select. They have every other device listed back to the original PalmPilot. Palm really need to work on their quality control.

EDIT: That link is to the Canadian Palm site. Here's the one for the US, not that it really matters but it does list the 700p.
    http://pref.news.palmnewsletters.com...sp?c=us&b=treo
    Last edited by MarkY; 05/18/2007 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Interestingly, when you register for this newsletter, the 700p is missing from the drop down list of devices to select. They have every other device listed back to the original PalmPilot. Palm really need to work on their quality control.

EDIT: That link is to the Canadian Palm site. Here's the one for the US, not that it really matters but it does list the 700p.
    http://pref.news.palmnewsletters.com...sp?c=us&b=treo

The link was to the Canadian site??? That's funny...I never even tried the link. I also found it interesting that "Tony" said the downloads site was down, yet when I tried a couple of the downloads, other than the 680 security update (just to test), they worked fine! Wonder what the real story is?
    Well, I just tried to download the security update again and SUCCESS! Did a backup and am getting ready to install.
    Why are HSNav files the one being installed? Its supposed to be a security fix right? Oddly enough, the lag seems to have been lessened. It actually feels like using my old 650.
    Hmm, haven't noticed any improvement in lag after installing the security fix, but everything seems fine.
    Weird, my post about the HSNav question and lag improvement disappeared. I can now search (forward and backward) properly with TCPMP. I also have seen a better speed test with palminternals. 31 to 25.
    Mine has definitely sped up after installing this patch. 5-way navigation in the phone app as sped up.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    The annoying lag with the keyguard is finally gone! Geez, finally.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Thanks for the confirmation. Palm should have been straightforward with the real issue addressed.
    Hi Folks...

Curious... Anyone having problems with unusual/inconsistent behavior when using the <Alt>P control? After a couple soft resets, the problem's still there...

Ok trade-off though -- my 700P is running faster now. Lag is noticeably reduced!

-C
    -C
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrochet View Post
    Hi Folks...

Curious... Anyone having problems with unusual/inconsistent behavior when using the <Alt>P control? After a couple soft resets, the problem's still there...

Ok trade-off though -- my 700P is running faster now. Lag is noticeably reduced!

-C

I have a 680 and no problems with the problem you mention. Wasn't this download only for the 680?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I have a 680 and no problems with the problem you mention. Wasn't this download only for the 680?
    It's for the 680 & 700p.

I assume you installed this file Treo700p680SecurityInstaller.prc , if so the name gives it away
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast