1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. A newbie here to the Treo Nation! My neice just got a 755 and she loves it so far but hasn't installed the palm desktop to her PC as of yet because she's running Windows XP service pack 1 still! She said she upgraded her PC to service pack 2 about 7 months ago and it made her PC crash alot and went back to SP1. The requirements say Windows XP SP2. Should she upgrade?

BTW. Those are damn good looking phones! I might have to upgrade to one of those babies!
    I wasn't aware Palm required sp2 for their desktop software.

I've updated over 100 workstations and laptops from sp0-1 over to 2 without issue except one: some machines have a problem upgrading because of the L2 cache. In these instances you need to make a change in the BIOS and it'll upgrade, if you turn the L2 cache back on it usually holds, though sometimes it gets buggy. Maybe that helps your niece - hanging out with an unpatched XP box is asking for trouble.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Joad! When she upgraded back then, SP2 was kind of buggy for some PCs. I'm sure the bugs have been worked out by now! I'll tell her to upgrade and then install the software CD!

She's had the phone for 3 days and hasn't used it to it's full capabilities!