Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Most recent beta version of Takephone now works with 755. Even more important for me as the 755 lost the combined contact search/number dial that my 650 had.
  2. #2  
    I thought people might like the link, as it's a little hard to find: http://www.shsh.com/beta/main_beta.htm

    Great app.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I thought people might like the link, as it's a little hard to find: http://www.shsh.com/beta/main_beta.htm

    Great app.
    Thanks, I should have posted the link. BTW, if after downloading the new beta, it still doesnt work, go into preferences and be sure that the phone is set to "treo" not "dialer" or something else
  4. dbett's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #4  
    I've installed it and everything so far is working perfectly.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Most recent beta version of Takephone now works with 755. Even more important for me as the 755 lost the combined contact search/number dial that my 650 had.
    I'm not familiar with that software, but the 755 can dial by contact or by number. Just go to the phone menu:

    1) Choose PHONE DISPLAY OPTIONS.
    2) Make sure TYPING STARTS CONTACTS SEARCH is enabled.
    3) Be sure to press the OPTION key before dialing by number.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  6. dbett's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not familiar with that software, but the 755 can dial by contact or by number. Just go to the phone menu:

    1) Choose PHONE DISPLAY OPTIONS.
    2) Make sure TYPING STARTS CONTACTS SEARCH is enabled.
    3) Be sure to press the OPTION key before dialing by number.
    The nice thing about Takephone (among many) is you don't need to hit the OPTION key. Just dial the number. After a few digits, it will realize there are no matching names and will display the full number. Works seemlessly.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    The nice thing about Takephone (among many) is you don't need to hit the OPTION key. Just dial the number. After a few digits, it will realize there are no matching names and will display the full number. Works seemlessly.
    Whatever works for you.

    It was seamless on my 650, too. I kinda miss that. But I'd rather press a button, right quick, than install third-party app.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8. dbett's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Whatever works for you.

    It was seamless on my 650, too. I kinda miss that. But I'd rather press a button, right quick, than install third-party app.
    Fair enough. I like Takephone, so...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Fair enough. I like Takephone, so...
    Options for everyone. Just the way I like it.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

Posting Permissions