1.    #1  
    I have a little Blue Triangle on my phone on the phone screen above my clock. When I try to tap it nothing happens. This triangle was not there yesterday but when I got up this morning it was there. Anyone know what this is?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Wondering the same thing myself.

Anyone know if the users manual has a list of the various icons? I looked but didn't see anything (the manual is very poorly organized IMO).
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Interestingly, here's the Palm page on the various icons and their meaning:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(44734)

The Blue triangle isn't listed. ???
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    the blue triangle is sprints new roaming symbol
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    the blue triangle is sprints new roaming symbol
    Thanks.
    It just means that you are not on the Nationwide Sprint PCS network but are still on Sprint National Network. This is to agree with the new coverage maps that show the "Sprint National Network." Although technically you are roaming, all of Sprint's plans include roaming now and all services work the same when the little triangle appears. This is basically the same as Verizon's "extended network" terminology. Verizon's "extended network" is technically a non native network but most services work the same and you're not charged extra for it.
    Ummmm The blue triangles indicated that you are in a EVDO area, it has 3 up and 3 down blue triangles that light up when using the internet.. When they are Green you are roaming on EVDO, when its just I think 1 triangle up and 1 triangle down you are on 1x data.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Ummmm The blue triangles indicated that you are in a EVDO area, it has 3 up and 3 down blue triangles that light up when using the internet.. When they are Green you are roaming on EVDO, when its just I think 1 triangle up and 1 triangle down you are on 1x data.
    Put the phone on "roaming only" and you will see a single outlined blue triangle. That is what this thread is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Put the phone on "roaming only" and you will see a single outlined blue triangle. That is what this thread is talking about.
    Ow neat. I just put the phone to force roam and I see what you are talking about the "hollow" blue arrow that points up.
    Oh man, I'm afraid I'll see only 1 Triangle....darn this desert with no EVDO grrr >.<

EDIT: Speaking of which with no Evdo I don't plan on getting Power vision and will wonder if PCS Vision will still work on that "Power Vision" phone?
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 05/17/2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Lightbuld lit up in my head
  11.    #11  
    Yes that is what it was, thanks for the info. Do you know if you are charged extra for using data on Roam?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtman1 View Post
    Yes that is what it was, thanks for the info. Do you know if you are charged extra for using data on Roam?
    Not in the US
    When in roaming and you get the blue triangle is the word "roaming" in the left corner where the word "sprint" was?

On my 755P it never says roaming in the left corner, but on the 700P it did
    It doesn't say roaming on my 755p either. I wish cdma phones would show the provider you are roaming with, like the gsm phones do.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    It doesn't say roaming on my 755p either. I wish cdma phones would show the provider you are roaming with, like the gsm phones do.
    Are there any other CDMA carriers in the US besides Verizon and Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    Are there any other CDMA carriers in the US besides Verizon and Sprint?
    U.S. Cellular and Alltel.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I just dial *2 and I find out real quick, and if I hear that guy saying "Verizon Wireless" I know with whom I am roaming. You can bet anytime your roaming on Sprint it will most likely be Verizon so there is no need for provider vefication on your device between to mainstream CDMA networks as Sprint and Verizon...its not like there is a lot of carriers out there via CDMA or GSM with mergers and all. I know there is U.S. Cellular and Alltel but where ever I have been its been between Sprint and Verizons network and I think the both of them got U.S and Alltel covered.
    Last edited by KStewart; 07/28/2007 at 03:09 AM.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtman1 View Post
    I have a little Blue Triangle on my phone on the phone screen above my clock. When I try to tap it nothing happens. This triangle was not there yesterday but when I got up this morning it was there. Anyone know what this is?
    What it really means is that you've been selected to disappear when 'The Rapture' happens!