1.    #1  
    I have no problems with my 650 except for I have totally run out of space on it! And I am paying $44.95 for data on Verizon and can't even take advantage of the higher speed EVDO. I am thinking of going over to Sprint (SERO) and getting their 700p. Is their any real reason that I should hold out for the 755?

Thanks for your help.
    The form factor feels so much nicer than the 650/700p. Not to mention all the problems people complain about on the 700p.

Get the 755 at a Sprint store and then call customer service to switch to SERO.
  3.    #3  
    Can you do that? I thought that SERO was for new contracts. Is the 755 better than the 700?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I don't understand how Verizon can charge $44.95 for data services. I had unlimited data on my sprint Treo 650 and now again on my Sprint Treo 755p and my monthly bill is only around $60 without the discount I get applied, $51 with my discount. Phone service would have to be $10 a month to match that with Verizon, wouldn't it?

How much do you pay a month on top of that $44.95 for the phone? I pay $35/month for the "fair and flexible" play, and usually stay within my minutes to keep it that way, $5 for 7pm-7am free minutes, and $15 for data. I don't know what benefit you get from Verizon, but why are their data services charge so much greater?

I'm thinking purely financial, since I've had both Verizon and Sprint non-data phones in the past and neither was worse or better as far as coverage in the areas I lived or traveled to, so of course I'm sure others may differ in opinion in that regard, but talking solely data usage and charge, is Sprint better?
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    I pay $60 month for my first line and $10 more for my husbands. Then I have the 44.95 data on top of it. It's ridiculous.

I didn't realize that I could switch to the SERO plan after getting a phone at the sprint store. Is it easy to do?

Jen
    I didn't know that I could switch to SERO either after buying in-store. How do you go about this? Is it a YMMV type thing? And is it Ecare or Cust Service?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treojennifer View Post
    I pay $60 month for my first line and $10 more for my husbands. Then I have the 44.95 data on top of it. It's ridiculous.

I didn't realize that I could switch to the SERO plan after getting a phone at the sprint store. Is it easy to do?

Jen
    Wow, that's just unbelievable. I didn't know Verizon charged that much for data on top of call charges...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  8.    #8  
    I called the Sprint SERO number and asked if I got a phone in the store, whether I could switch it to SERO and they told me no. That in order to get the SERO plan it needs to be with a new activation/phone. So I guess I can get the 700p (which is available now) or wait until the 755 comes.
    Verizon plans are the most expensive, however at least where I live they are the best option in terms of coverage. I'd love to be able to go with a different carrier (mainly Sprint), but their coverage in this area just isn't good enough.

I pay $150 a month for 2 phones sharing 1000 minutes, 2 txt plans, and my unlimited data plan. This is offset a little in the fact that I don't have a land line at home and use cell phones for everything.

I currently have a 650, had it for about 2 years, far longer than any PDA I've ever owned (I usually average about 6-8 months before upgrading). There just hasn't been any PDA's that really look like a real upgrade. The 700p had EVDO and more memory which was attractive but not worth the price of admission (no to mention all the issue people were having with it). The 755p (when it comes to Verizon) is what I'll probably get. My 650 is starting to have some issues, plus I like the EVDO, extra memory, and improved form factor of the 755p. Certainly not a big upgrade but I'm getting a little jumpy to get a new gadget. I will probably be wise to skip a generation of the new Linux based Palm OS anyway so the bugs can be worked out (and to see if Palm actually has a future).
    I would suggest going for the Treo 755p. On the Sprint website, the 755p is actually less than the 700p or 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Wow, that's just unbelievable. I didn't know Verizon charged that much for data on top of call charges...

verizon has a 79.99 plan that is 400 minutes plus unlimited data......add insurance, and txt plans it adds up.
    I think its mainly because they charge a higher price because maybe they have more coverage? Verizon has high speed coverage around my area but I'm still waiting for Sprint grrrr >.<