Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I stumbled on this earlier today. If you are in any application you can hold the home button down for about 1 second then release it and there is a pop up box of your most recently used apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    I stumbled on this earlier today. If you are in any application you can hold the home button down for about 1 second then release it and there is a pop up box of your most recently used apps.
    COOL! That's something so small that makes such a world of difference... thanks craig.

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    That will be VERY useful if they implement that into the 700p MR!
    Actually, that's on the 700p also. I noticed that a few months ago. I thought it was one of the many apps I tried, I was wrong....it was Palm
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Actually, that's on the 700p also. I noticed that a few months ago. I thought it was one of the many apps I tried, I was wrong....it was Palm
    Mine goes to the App page then cycles rapidly! I have tried a few apps, including the phone App and the SMS app...not happening for me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Mine goes to the App page then cycles rapidly! I have tried a few apps, including the phone App and the SMS app...not happening for me.
    You probably have another app that tries to control the button functions or something.
    Thanks for sharing - I use this regularly. It is a very handy feature,
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Do you use zlauncher? On my 700p, that was the program that would do that for me. It doesn't seem to be a setting thought, it just started to do it one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    You probably have another app that tries to control the button functions or something.
    No. Nothing controls my buttons...no aftermarket launcher, no Butler, LudusP, etc. and Profiles doesnt have a button manager! Boo for me
    Yeah I have ZLauncher too, maybe that's it then...but it works nicely on my 700p.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    No. Nothing controls my buttons...no aftermarket launcher, no Butler, LudusP, etc. and Profiles doesnt have a button manager! Boo for me
    Are you sure you're holding the button down long enough? Since the 755 is suppose to be like the 680 for CDMA, you guys might want to read some of the 680 threads. This feature is on the 680 and some others might be as well...
    I just tried it on my 700 and I got a hidden program to come up. (BTW it didnt work for me, the holding of the home and bringing up most recent apps)

but my new app is called "WsBK Test" and is in a new catagory called... yep... "Test"

I tried the app and it came up with a pop-up screen saying I need to enable the debugger.

whatever that means.

Thanks for the idea tho and hopefully this feature will be included in the MR for the 700.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    They should have put this in donkey years ago. You should know they already have this feature on T3 then. Dunno why they only decide to put it in now.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I just tried it on my 700 and I got a hidden program to come up. (BTW it didnt work for me, the holding of the home and bringing up most recent apps)

but my new app is called "WsBK Test" and is in a new catagory called... yep... "Test"

I tried the app and it came up with a pop-up screen saying I need to enable the debugger.

whatever that means.

Thanks for the idea tho and hopefully this feature will be included in the MR for the 700.
    This "hidden" app doesn't have anything to do with this thread. It actually appear for me also like @ 3am this morning I noticed my treo frozen during a reset when I did the reset again the prog was there I'm thinking its from the Palm back up program or something.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    No the app doesnt have anything to do with the thread, but pressing the home button down and finding out what it did is. Granted its not a 755, but people reading this with a 700 will still find it useful.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Very cool! I wonder if we can hack it to attach favs or DA's
    Guys, you're holding the button down too long if it's cycling through your app screen.. it's a light touch and for just a second.. not perma-hold.

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Guys, you're holding the button down too long if it's cycling through your app screen.. it's a light touch and for just a second.. not perma-hold.

Bek
    No matter how long I touch it, it just goes to the Apps page 1st, then cycles if I hold it longer. I need to do a hard reset anyways, because I am having other problems too! But it sounds like this 'hidden' feature isnt Palm-native.
    This feature is pointed out on the Quick Tour Tips & Tricks
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    No matter how long I touch it, it just goes to the Apps page 1st, then cycles if I hold it longer. I need to do a hard reset anyways, because I am having other problems too! But it sounds like this 'hidden' feature isnt Palm-native.
    I am having the same problem with my 700p as well. I don't have Zlauncher installed or anything.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast