Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Can someone who simply upgraded verify they are having the same problem?

Btw, the Sprint NFL site is at:

http://nfl.mspot.com/NFL4/html/web5.php

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I just upgraded my Kinoma on my 755p and I tried going to the address above with the blazer web browser, alas the website didn't work. I even tried different versions like just: nfl.mspot.com/NFL4 and even simply nfl.mspot.com

But none of these websites seem to be valid. Sorry I coudn't be of more help...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I just upgraded my Kinoma on my 755p and I tried going to the address above with the blazer web browser, alas the website didn't work. I even tried different versions like just: nfl.mspot.com/NFL4 and even simply nfl.mspot.com

But none of these websites seem to be valid. Sorry I coudn't be of more help...
    dbett,

I just entered the site you gave into Blazer and it said that I had to put in the "widescreen mode" in the Blazer preference - I did that and it worked (btw I have the upgraded Kinoma)

I also went to the NFL network in the Sprint TV section and it also works - Sprint TV is like watcing a live football game and the Blazer is a static page that gives different stats if that helps.

Sorry, I'm not a football fan so I don't know what the site in Blazer is supposed to have videos or not - but it works for me.

My quick answer for you - sorry not a football guy - my wife is thou. :-)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just FYI, if you purchase the upgrade for $14.99 and get a new device (or in my case, apply the 700p MR) you can e-mail Kinoma through their website www.kinoma.com and they'll reset you account so you can download again (for free). They let you do this once very six months (I think).

So, if you get a new device or have to return the one you purchased Kinoma on to get a replacement, you can re-download the Kinoma update.

Like a said, the 700PMR makes Kinoma think it's on a new device so you'll have to contact Kinoma to get things working again.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    dbett,

fyi - i had problems playing normal videos that worked with the embedded version of Kinoma that that didn't work with the upgraded Kinoma unless you cut and pasted the url into the upgraded Kinoma - it had to do with certain codecs that the upgraded Kinoma wasn't allowed to have over the embedded one because of licensing problems with Sprint - but the latest upgrade Kinoma fixed that problem for me version 4.2

the upgraded Kinoma version available right after i got my 755p was 4.13? and it did "not" work as well as the embedded version 1.03 because of that codec problem - Kinoma version 4.2 works like it should now - but it will conflicted with PocketTunes Deluxe 4.02 upgrade that i also bought as the upgraded PocketTunes 4.02 overrode the mp4 association for video web links because mp4 can be video/audio or just plain audio - PocketTunes refunded my money and said it was a bug that i found that will be fixed in the next release.

don't know if this is the answer to your question, but hope this helps a little
    Hi,

I just purchased and installed the upgrade Kinoma player on my Treo 755p as described in previous posts.

When I select "Kinoma" from the Palm PDA menu, then the upgrade Kinoma player runs.

When I select "Sprint TV" from the Palm PDA menu, the player looks just like the original embedded version. I would like to look at the version of the player once launched by SprintTV.

Questions:

1. Once the Kinoma player is upgraded, what version should the player be when launched from Sprint TV?

2. Does the upgraded Kinoma player totally replace the embedded player?

Thanks,
    -egkor (Gary K)
    sprint tv uses the embeded (1.03) version
    HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Great! Love the discount. I was hesitant to pay $24.99, but the discount was perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    sprint tv uses the embeded (1.03) version
    Thanks for posting this!

I don't understand this, I would expect that the upgraded (4.2) Kinoma player would replace the embedded player.

Would it be possible to have the upgraded player run when Sprint TV is selected? Could the file type for Sprint TV be associated with the 4.2 player so that it will run with Sprint TV?

-egkor (Gary K)

I conversed via e-mail with Kinoma Tech Support, and found out that it works the way it works (Sprint TV uses embedded player even after upgraded player installed) by design.
    Last edited by egkor; 07/07/2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Additional info from Kinoma
    Ok, so is there a "full version" of Kinoma Player 4 EX? Where do you get this? What version do you get when you click on the upgrade link in the 755P's embedded Kinoma? Is it just an "upgrade version" of the embedded player or a "full version"?
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 07/12/2007 at 05:10 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok, so is there a "full version" of Kinoma Player 4 EX?
    Yes.

Where do you get this?
    www.kinoma.com.

What version do you get when you click on the upgrade link in the 755P's embedded Kinoma?
    You get an upgrade to the full version.

Is it just an "upgrade version" of the embedded player or a "full version"?
    Once the upgrade is completed, you then have the full version.

I'm not sure if that was helpful, but I hope so. Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Ok, I just followed the tip and clicked on the upgrade link from the embedded one in the 755P. Bought it and they sent me an email with an installer for the full version. Pretty good for $15.00.
  12.    #32  
    Ok, I just followed the tip and clicked on the upgrade link from the embedded one in the 755P. Bought it and they sent me an email with an installer for the full version. Pretty good for $15.00.
    I'm glad it worked out for you.

Someone mentioned that this discount had been mentioned before, but I hadn't seen or heard anything about it so I thought it'd be helpful to start a thread and pass the word (in case I wasn't the only one not in-the-know).

Thanks for letting us know it worked out for you as that keeps the thread on active and visible.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12