Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Let me first preface this by saying I am pleased overall with the device. It is a nice refresher on the 700P (let's not get into that here, though)

    However, I noticed that the 5 way is no longer backlit. This is not a HUGE deal, but it was a nice feature that didn't make it I guess.

    Also, the new hard buttons are on rockers (really two buttons split in half). While this is fine, the backlight appears to be one per rocker, so the actual icons are partially lit up (does that make sense at all). Probably just a cost-cutting measure, but the previous models were a better design IMO. Of course, YMMV.

    Anything that any of you new 755P owners have noticed?
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  2. #2  
    Just those so far. You have to admit though the solid build quality feels so much better.
  3.    #3  
    it does have a nice feel to it. feels a lot more expensive than previous models.
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650 View Post
    it does have a nice feel to it. feels a lot more expensive than previous models.
    Agreed. It just feels so much better in my hands than my 650 did. I realize that the size/weight difference is negligible, but the soft touch finish and concave sides make a BIG difference IMHO.
  5. PSM
    PSM is offline
    PSM's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650 View Post
    Also, the new hard buttons are on rockers
    Oh boy. This is never good for games. Granted, my Treo's primary purpose is not gaming (I have a DS Lite for that), but still it's nice once in a while to play a quick game, and my Treo is always on me. Of the games I own, my main concern is NESem, as I use the two adjoining hard buttons to the right of the D-pad as the A and B buttons. I suppose it might be possible to map the red button instead. Anybody have any experiences?
  6.    #6  
    ok, another minor annoyance I noticed is that the space bar also has no back light any more.
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  7. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #7  
    it was reported in another thread the mail icon no longer shows up in the phone app
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy650
    ...I suppose it might be possible to map the red button instead. Anybody have any experiences?
    LudusP should work.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. yOyOYoo's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    #9  
    wow I really don't like those things either!!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    LudusP should work.
    Hmm. Only $5. I may give this a try, eventually.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. PSM
    PSM is offline
    PSM's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    LudusP should work.
    Thanks for the link, but I think in the case of NESem, the app can do it itself, unless something is very different with the newer Treos and the button can't be mapped to do anything else. But on the 650 it works fine.
  12. #12  
    The space bar??? You like that glaring at you like a lunar landing station. Of all the keys, that is the most identifiable light or no...

    I guess this new release wouldn't be complete with out the obligatory B*** thread
  13. PSM
    PSM is offline
    PSM's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    The space bar??? You like that glaring at you like a lunar landing station. Of all the keys, that is the most identifiable light or no...

    I guess this new release wouldn't be complete with out the obligatory B*** thread
    I guess it's purely aesthetic, but when I read that I was pretty disappointed. When I first got my 650 one of the things that made me feel like I was holding a quality product was when I first used it in the dark and saw how everything was lit up, and quite attractively, too. It just looks like a lot of care went into the design -- it actually reminded me in that way of Apple's products. It's not the most necessary component, but if they took the time to think about the details of the backlighting, it's a good sign that the hardware overall has been given a lot of attention. Things like uneven/incomplete backlighting and rocker buttons make it sound cheap and thrown together without caring about the user's experience. It may not be a dealbreaker, and it may not be true of the whole phone, but it makes me wonder what else will annoy me when I try to use it.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    I guess it's purely aesthetic, but when I read that I was pretty disappointed. When I first got my 650 one of the things that made me feel like I was holding a quality product was when I first used it in the dark and saw how everything was lit up, and quite attractively, too. It just looks like a lot of care went into the design -- it actually reminded me in that way of Apple's products. It's not the most necessary component, but if they took the time to think about the details of the backlighting, it's a good sign that the hardware overall has been given a lot of attention. Things like uneven/incomplete backlighting and rocker buttons make it sound cheap and thrown together without caring about the user's experience. It may not be a dealbreaker, and it may not be true of the whole phone, but it makes me wonder what else will annoy me when I try to use it.
    I guess we are all different. LOL I remember having a much different experience when I turned my 650 at night for the first time. It wasn't until "Siverado" produced Kblightsofff that I could even use it after dusk.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    The space bar??? You like that glaring at you like a lunar landing station. Of all the keys, that is the most identifiable light or no...

    I guess this new release wouldn't be complete with out the obligatory B*** thread
    IMO I wouldn't really consider this '*****ing' as you mentioned, I was just mentioning the things I didn't notice anyone bring to light in any of the reviews.

    As with many of us, I have owned every Treo from the last 5-6 years and wanted to bring to attention some of the differences that I didn't like (hence the name of the thread) about the 755P.

    I also wanted to find out what others thought about it, hence my posting it in a public forum...
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  16. #16  
    I can live with just about everything but the *&^*^%$ miniSD nonsense. Dropping down the battery life was also stupid, but at least it's not as bad as the 680 (1200mAh).

    I've resigned myself to the fact that Palm must have an entire team figuring out how to screw up the key arrangements on every model release, so the other stuff above doesn't surprise me.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  17. #17  
    won't work while travel in Asia or Europe... when can we expect GSM 3.5G w 2Mb Camera, 7/2007?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  18. #18  
    OMG do you really need a back light for the 5 way navigator??? But I wont comment anymore since I use a program to turn off the keyboard light all the time since I dont need it. Heck I can type and navigate without even looking at the keyboard.
  19.    #19  
    wow. i'm super excited to hear of your high level of navigating skills. obviously you don't care, I just mentioned that I liked having it. fair enough?
    Last edited by bigboy650; 05/17/2007 at 09:30 PM.
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  20. #20  
    I use LudusP on the 755p, it works great.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions