Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Well, it looks like June Fabrics is working on the 755p now. I downloaded the beta, browsed around, and now I'm typing this using it through a USB connection. I upgraded to a 755p from a 650 and it is noticeably faster than PdaNet on the 650. Not as fast as my cable internet, but definately a great improvement over my 650. I am in an EVDO area, by the way. I haven't tried it through bluetooth yet...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Same fee, around $35? Geez, I can't believe I already paid 2 previous times for a PdaNet license!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Well, it looks like June Fabrics is working on the 755p now. I downloaded the beta, browsed around, and now I'm typing this using it through a USB connection. I upgraded to a 755p from a 650 and it is noticeably faster than PdaNet on the 650. Not as fast as my cable internet, but definately a great improvement over my 650. I am in an EVDO area, by the way. I haven't tried it through bluetooth yet...

Where is this beta for PdaNet? please and thank you...

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Does the 700p tether hack work on the 755?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Where is this beta for PdaNet? please and thank you...

Bek
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/

You're welcome!
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Same fee, around $35? Geez, I can't believe I already paid 2 previous times for a PdaNet license!
    why are you using pdanet then? from my experience usbmodem works great and a single copy works on the 600/650/680/700 (and probably 755p when the next version comes out)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Just in case anyone had the same trouble finding the link that I did...the beta version for the 755p is in the section "PdaNet for Treo 700p". Look just to the right of the 'Download' button for version 4.02 where it says "(Or 4.10 beta supports Treo 755p)".

I must have looked at the page and clicked around their site for at least 5 minutes before I found it. How dumb am I...?

Doug
    LOL Doug, I did the exact same thing. That's why I asked where it was... I was just posting "I guess I didn't see the bright blue underlined link right next to the former version" when I saw your post.

Quote Originally Posted by DougDarden View Post
    Just in case anyone had the same trouble finding the link that I did...the beta version for the 755p is in the section "PdaNet for Treo 700p". Look just to the right of the 'Download' button for version 4.02 where it says "(Or 4.10 beta supports Treo 755p)".

I must have looked at the page and clicked around their site for at least 5 minutes before I found it. How dumb am I...?

Doug
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Oops! Sorry I forgot to mention where it was on the site; it is hard to see! I only caught it by accident last night.
    what about using the "Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables" will this work on the 755p? Why get PDAnet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtman1 View Post
    what about using the "Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables" will this work on the 755p? Why get PDAnet?
    Didn't work for me. I'm guessing you need the PAM plan for it to work right.

For those interested, the new USBModem supports the Treo 755p through USB and worked fine on Mac OS X for me. No Bluetooth support right now, but with the hack I got bluetooth support by default, so no need.

USBModem > PDANet in my opinion. PDANet keeps making new version that cost more and doesn't support Mac OS X.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I think the "upgrade" charge for them was about $25, but still ridiculous. When they went from the 600 to the 650 they claimed it was a lot of work and added value because of the bluetooth ability. Every phone since then has laid bare their plans to screw you out of another $25 every time you get another phone, and it's really sad.

Unless JuneFabrics gets a lot less greedy I'll make the switch to USBmodem too. It's just an app I use on rare occasions anyway, and I see no logical reason other than greed for them to call an update an "upgrade."
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverandever View Post
    For those interested, the new USBModem supports the Treo 755p through USB and worked fine on Mac OS X for me. No Bluetooth support right now, but with the hack I got bluetooth support by default, so no need.
    I'm more partial to wires anyway- less potential connection issues and you get the advantage of charging the Treo as you use it.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I'm posting this using my 755 and PDAnet. Wow, I cannot believe how fast it is. This was my favorite program on the 650, and now I'm sure this is going to be my favorite for the 755 (along with Speed Dial).
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    RickMG, could you test the proxy mode to see how well it works? Also, does the proxy mode still say (Beta 2)?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    RickMG, could you test the proxy mode to see how well it works? Also, does the proxy mode still say (Beta 2)?
    I believe that's the mode I used as I didn't want to use the one that said dialup. It did say beta behind it. I also checked the box that said something like double your speed on EVDO networks. I'll tell you, it ran faster than my home computer on standard dsl.

If that's not what you're wanting, please explain a little more and I will try it and report back.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    That's what I wanted. The only other thing would be to test the proxy using a bluetooth connection. Version 4.02 was always unstable using a proxy connection via bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    That's what I wanted. The only other thing would be to test the proxy using a bluetooth connection. Version 4.02 was always unstable using a proxy connection via bluetooth.
    Sorry, I don't use bluetooth. My laptop is incompatable and I don't use the phone enough to go around with a piece in my ear.
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/18/2007 at 09:50 PM.
    For those who are interested, it looks like PDANet is out of beta and officially supports the 755p now...

05/2007: version 4.10 for Treo 700p/755p
    Feature: Update PdaNet for Treo 700p to support Treo 755p also.

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

Doug
    Anyone know if this is a free upgrade for 4.02 licensed users?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast