Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21  
    Can sprint detect when you are using PDANET?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Anyone know if this is a free upgrade for 4.02 licensed users?
    YES!! - that was very unexpected! Maybe June Fabrics is getting a little more protective of their customers now that there's some competition. Great program, but the previous "upgrade" fees seemed excessive and too frequent.
    Last edited by Joad; 05/24/2007 at 02:26 AM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  3. #23  
    PDANET is working great except with my 755 goes to sleep it disconnects pdanet. I'm using a USB tether. Do I need to set my phone to not sleep or something?
  4. #24  
    I just installed PDANet today since I couldn't get USBModem working with Bluetooth. So far it's not bad.

    I have a silly question, does PDANet do anything to mask the tethering connection when not in proxy mode? I searched but haven't found anything concrete about that.
  5. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #25  
    Sorry. Newb to tethering.

    I have a 755 arriving this week. I signed up for the Sprint SERO plan.

    If I buy the PdaNet program, can I use the internet on my laptop by connecting it to my phone? What kind of cables do I need?

    If I am reading right, then there are two methods of accomplishing this - one is throug PAM, which is a billable item on top of Sprint's data plan, but uses my phone as a wirless modem.

    The second is through PdaNet and uses my phone as a wireless modem.

    In either case, I assume you cannot use your phone as voice device while doing this.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 06/12/2007 at 01:11 AM.
  6. #26  
    i am using USBModem and i was able to make a call (while still tethered) and then when i hung up, it resumed the connection. brilliant!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    Sorry. Newb to tethering.

    I have a 755 arriving this week. I signed up for the Sprint SERO plan.

    If I buy the PdaNet program, can I use the internet on my laptop by connecting it to my phone? What kind of cables do I need?

    If I am reading right, then there are two methods of accomplishing this - one is throug PAM, which is a billable item on top of Sprint's data plan, but uses my phone as a wirless modem.

    The second is through PdaNet and uses my phone as a wireless modem.

    In either case, I assume you cannot use your phone as voice device while doing this.
    You can either connect by USB with the Treo's sync cable or by Bluetooth if you have a BT controller for your computer. You can receive calls while tethered, and the data connection will be "paused" while you're on the phone. But EVDO does not support simultaneous voice and data.
  8. #28  
    My wife and I both have the Treo 755P. Do we have to buy it twice?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    My wife and I both have the Treo 755P. Do we have to buy it twice?
    Most software licenses are for each user (or device) so I would assume so.
  10. Dim-Ize's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #30  
    Wow.

    This is gonna be so cool.

    Sounds simple enough. Thanks, Letsgo.

    Dang. Where is UPS??? I feel like Santa is coming.
  11. #31  
    Well let me restate that then. Do we **HAVE** to buy two licenses?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    Well let me restate that then. Do we **HAVE** to buy two licenses?
    I don't know if PDANet works like other apps by checking Hotsync name or device serial since you enter the license info on the PC app, not PDA app. So I don't know if you could get away with it, but if you could it would be tantamount to pirating software, and I don't think we're supposed to talk about that here.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    Well let me restate that then. Do we **HAVE** to buy two licenses?
    I have installed it on two laptops before. But, I was using the same Treo on both. I think I had to put the registration code on PC side and not the Treo side.
  14. #34  
    Folks,

    I do use PDANet on my Treo 700 all the time (in fact now!), and used it on my 650.

    1) They are charging to make money and they check the version number so you pay them to get it working. They probably had minimal costs to get it working on the 755 except changing the code to work with the new phone.

    2) OTOH, it works and is convenient, and it's probably a small company with two people, and at $25 per upgrade they are not getting rich.

    It's better than paying for Sprints PAM plan every month!

    Glenn
  15. #35  
    Actually, it's just as easy to buy two since you're buying one already...

    I was just curious really after I got thinking about copying programs from Treo to Treo. Remember I'm still a noobe.
  16. fredd0's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler View Post
    Folks,

    I do use PDANet on my Treo 700 all the time (in fact now!), and used it on my 650.

    1) They are charging to make money and they check the version number so you pay them to get it working. They probably had minimal costs to get it working on the 755 except changing the code to work with the new phone.

    2) OTOH, it works and is convenient, and it's probably a small company with two people, and at $25 per upgrade they are not getting rich.

    It's better than paying for Sprints PAM plan every month!

    Glenn
    so sprint cannot detect PDAnet?
  17. vfrjim's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #37  
    I got my 755p to tether with PDAnet and was wondering if others got similar results. Approx 300k with a USB connection, but a dismal 50k with Bluetooth. Is this correct? Thanks! (FYI: Sprint EVDO)

    Jim
  18. #38  
    Holy SMOKES....I'm most impressed with this software. Simple installation, connects with no issues, and is much, much faster than I anticipated. This is awesome!! Well worth the $34.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by vfrjim View Post
    I got my 755p to tether with PDAnet and was wondering if others got similar results. Approx 300k with a USB connection, but a dismal 50k with Bluetooth. Is this correct? Thanks! (FYI: Sprint EVDO)

    Jim
    I don't have bluetooth on my laptop, but the last post I made I was moving faster...I just tested through DSL and I am showing speeds of 150 kb. I haven't rebooted yet (but did select "optimize"). I might do that now just to see what difference it makes.
    Last edited by French; 08/04/2007 at 10:09 AM.
  20. vfrjim's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #40  
    I had the "optimized" check. Did a reboot and did not hit over 71k (streaming with Slingplayer), hit over 350k with USB. No biggie, maybe it is my cheapo Bluetooth adapter on my Tablet PC.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions