1.    #1  
    I am considering a Treo 680 as my first smartphone.
    I have read at various WEB sites that some owners are charging their Treo's daily.
    I am curious as to how many times this battery can be charged before there is a significant loss of usage?

Thank you in advance.
    Regards,

Allan C.
    the batteries are designed to be charged frequently and will do better with a "topping off" often.

Lithium ION has a 2yr shelf life charging or not you will see a depreciation sometime around 18 to 28 months.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    the batteries are designed to be charged frequently and will do better with a "topping off" often.

Lithium ION has a 2yr shelf life charging or not you will see a depreciation sometime around 18 to 28 months.
    So, if I understand you correctly, the battery can be charged 500+ times before it start to deterioate?
    Regards,

Allan C.
    After doing the requisite full-drain/full-charge routine a couple of times...my battery has been better and better, although part of that may be out of my charging every night to "top it off".

I am using an extended battery now...but will probably go back to my standard one soon, and it's not like I'm hating that thought.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
  5.    #6  
    So, if someone were to charge their Treo 680 *every* night, the battery would last between two-thirds of a year and one and a third years, correct?
    Regards,

Allan C.
    Quote Originally Posted by allanc View Post
    So, if someone were to charge their Treo 680 *every* night, the battery would last between two-thirds of a year and one and a third years, correct?
    I had a Treo 600 I charged every night for two years and it was still going strong when I sold it. With the 680 you have a replaceable battery - a new one is in the range of $30 to $40 today. Not really an issue to worry about.
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680