1.    #1  
    On my 650 when I had the phone preferences set to "Typing starts contact search" I could also dial a telephone # (it would search in contacts, but then it would give up and dial the number). It seems on the 755p this ability has been removed. When I have this feature set and I start dialing a number it keeps loking for a contact, until I back out and go to the dial pad.

Anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Same problem. Just posted this question, but I think you explained it better.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    hit the option key before you start typing the number. My 700p (just upgraded) has the same "issue". However on the 700p when you enable "contact search" it pops up a message about hitting the option key.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
    hit the option key before you start typing the number. My 700p (just upgraded) has the same "issue". However on the 700p when you enable "contact search" it pops up a message about hitting the option key.
    Thanks that's it! LOL, here's what it says when you enable "typing dials contacts" - "TIP . . . if you want to dial a number manually, press the option key . . ."

Thanks. Guess I should read the pop ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    On my 650 when I had the phone preferences set to "Typing starts contact search" I could also dial a telephone # (it would search in contacts, but then it would give up and dial the number). It seems on the 755p this ability has been removed.
    Anyone else experience this?
    Happy to let you know DialByPhoto supports this.

You can try it at http://www.dialbyphoto.com
    As does TakePhone and 2Day. Ben
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    my guess this is because on the 650 it was inconsistent. There were many times I would type a number, do the first 4 digits and hten it start beeping at me, insisting that I was typing in the wrong thing.
    This feature always worked great on my 650, and I hate that my 700 doesn't have it. If there was a bug, Palm should have fixed the bug, instead of removing yet another feature.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    Thanks that's it! LOL, here's what it says when you enable "typing dials contacts" - "TIP . . . if you want to dial a number manually, press the option key . . ."

Thanks. Guess I should read the pop ups.
    Where do you enable "typind dials contacts" on the 755p? I can't seem to find this option.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Where do you enable "typind dials contacts" on the 755p? I can't seem to find this option.
    From Phone Screen
    Options
    Phone Display Options
    Change Typing dials phone to Typing starts Contacts Search