1.    #1  
    Hello,
    For the treo 650 on the phone powering on screen, we were able to change it to whatever we wanted. Well, that carried over to my 755 when I hotsynced and now I have the old sprint powering on screen. My problem is now the "phone preferences" menu resets the phone whenever I try to go into it. What should I do or what should I delete?
    Hard Reset..
  3.    #3  
    do you know how I can make sure it doesn't happen again when I re hotsync?
    Smells of a phone overlay if you ask me...
    Did you have a carrier logo hack (aka overlay, aka splash screen) on your 650?
    If so, delete it and and see what happens. You may need FileZ.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi View Post
    Smells of a phone overlay if you ask me...
    Did you have a carrier logo hack (aka overlay, aka splash screen) on your 650?
    If so, delete it and and see what happens. You may need FileZ.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I have filez, but don't know what to delete
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    You tried syncing your 650 data to your 755p? Wow... good luck with that. You should have done a clean install. That will be the least of your problems.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  7.    #7  
    that's the only problem I've had. everything that wasn't compatible except this was put in a folder by the installer. I must be crazy
    Andrew is right. Hard reset, then do a clean install of all your apps. You'll be far happier in the long run.

Restoring from one device to another is never a good idea. You've brought over the old saved preferences file, which probably has some differences from the 755 version. And if Palm's made any changes to the structure of any other ROM files, you've overlaid them with the old (and now incorrect) files.

But if you insist, the overlay file is named something like Phone_SPCS_enUS. Use Filez, and delete any files that start with Phone_SPCS that aren't in ROM, then soft reset.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #9  
    that fixed it, thanks. It was a Phone_SPCS file