1.    #1  
    Just talked to retentions, they offered me a good deal, and said I can sit on it until tomorrow.

Anyway, one of my most important apps on the 650 is the Mapopolis NavCard (yes I know they are getting out of the business, and updates will never come, but for now, it's paid for!)

So, assuming I copy the card to a mini-SD, has anyone gotten this work on a 755p?
    I am using Mapopolis on a Treo 755 - altho not with a special card - just the software and a few maps on my own card. It works fine - except, I do have ONE problem - I cannot EXIT mapopolis - none of the buttons take me out to any other application! I have to pull the battery to do a reset.

If you figure this out, could you post a solution?

Thanks
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by kronhead View Post
    I am using Mapopolis on a Treo 755 - altho not with a special card - just the software and a few maps on my own card. It works fine - except, I do have ONE problem - I cannot EXIT mapopolis - none of the buttons take me out to any other application! I have to pull the battery to do a reset.

Thanks
    Dan
    What were you using Mapopolis on before you got the 755.
    Im using version 2.35 on a 700p and the way out of the program is to press the HOUSE button on the treo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    What were you using Mapopolis on before you got the 755.
    Im using version 2.35 on a 700p and the way out of the program is to press the HOUSE button on the treo
    I was using it on a Treo 650. I still have it - I will have to go back and try it there, and see what worked. On the 755p, the home and mail buttons - the two to the right of the 5 way - act as like the plus and minus screen buttons - adding or subtracting detail. The only key that works directly is power - but powering it back on brings me back into mapopolis.

Its funny, because the 700p does have the same keyboard layout at the 755 - but I think the 755 is really derived from the 680 and 750. On the other hand, maybe its something else on my treo - I do have a pretty good mix of stuff, since I have been using palms for years - I will have to experiment more.

Thanks anyway
    Dan
    I just copied the files from the NavCard to a miniSD and it works on my new 755. I'm experiencing the same problem, I can't exit Mapopolis - I have to take the battery out of the Treo. I just copied the files this morning and haven't used it with the DeLorme BlueLogger GPS yet, but the routing routine works fine. I'll post here after trying it with the GPS.
    Just did a quick route using the bluetooth GPS and it works fine. However, I cannot figure out how to exit Mapopolis without resetting the Treo - no button(s) seem to work. I called the Treo phone while in Mapopolis and that works fine, it will accept and hang up the call. It returns to Mapopolis when done. Where's Lamar at Mapopolis tech support?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Just did a quick route using the bluetooth GPS and it works fine. However, I cannot figure out how to exit Mapopolis without resetting the Treo - no button(s) seem to work. I called the Treo phone while in Mapopolis and that works fine, it will accept and hang up the call. It returns to Mapopolis when done. Where's Lamar at Mapopolis tech support?!?
    Thats the same problem I have. Is there any support out there? I though the product was dead. Too bad ...

Dan
    Thats the same problem I have. Is there any support out there? I though the product was dead. Too bad ...
    This insanely great product is DEAD. If you email support you get an autoresponder:

Sorry, Mapopolis is no longer selling products or providing technical support.

Thanks
    Dan
    I know this is an old thread, and I don't use Mapopolis, but anyone having problems exiting an application might have luck pressing the Option key and a Hardkey.
  10.    #10  
    actually Mapopolis answered .y email the day after I sent it (back in July)... Yes, simply option key followed by home will exit the program.

Still one of my top three apps for the treo.
    Yup. I use Option+Hardkey to exit from PalmVNC.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot View Post
    actually Mapopolis answered .y email the day after I sent it (back in July)... Yes, simply option key followed by home will exit the program.

Still one of my top three apps for the treo.
    I agree 100%
    I have been comparing my mapopolis gps solution to the new low end standalone GPS units and I find out just how great this piece of software is everytime I use it.
    The voice prompts (as in telling you what street to turn on ) are reason enough to love this product. I brought my wife a Magellon and I use the treo. She loves her Magellon but just asked me if I could copy my maps to her 755 so she could hear the street names. Now if only I could find a way to add to the POI database without filling up my address book.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    Yup. I use Option+Hardkey to exit from PalmVNC.
    Pressing a hard key or using option + hardkey doesn't do anything. Nor does using the launcher to launch. I'm wondering if there is some application preventing the exit but it's the only application that won't exit which makes me think the problem is mapopolis and not anything else. The problem is that it maps movement to the hard keys and I can find no way to turn this off. This is very sad. Was one of my favorite mapping applications and you could find directions and location anywhere without a GPS unit attached either. Now I need a substitute... if available... and likely expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by upmybuttocks View Post
    Pressing a hard key or using option + hardkey doesn't do anything. Nor does using the launcher to launch. I'm wondering if there is some application preventing the exit but it's the only application that won't exit which makes me think the problem is mapopolis and not anything else. The problem is that it maps movement to the hard keys and I can find no way to turn this off. This is very sad. Was one of my favorite mapping applications and you could find directions and location anywhere without a GPS unit attached either. Now I need a substitute... if available... and likely expensive.
    Can you check to see how much memory you have. Also can you disable all your
    third party apps . Since I dont have that problem on my 755 Im starting to wonder what extra apps you have. I use to have that problem on my 700p and it still shows up sometimes when the treo hasnt exited my other apps properly. I dont have the problem on the 755 because itsmy wife's and it dosent have any third party apps on it. If nothing works the only other palm software is Emtac http://www.semsons.com/emtac.html
    I have a strong dislike for tom tom because it is so finicky
    To all of you Treo 755P and Mapopolis users out there, I think that I have found the solution. As a user of Mapopolis with my T|C, Treo 650, 700P and now 755P this has become one of my top 5 apps too!

I can exit Mapopolis by using the "Option" then "Home" key. This seems to work flawlessly for me. This has worked both with both BT on and off.

The only glitch that I have encountered is upon starting Mapopolis, I get a message "Name Overflow" 3-4 times, that I have to "OK" through. After that it starts up without issue. Good luck and I hope that this helps!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I have another suggestion for those needing to exit Mapopolis. You could try using LudusP on your phone. It allows you to remap your buttons. In my experience (though using a 700p), Ludus supercedes the launcher that I mapped onto my home button over what Mapopolis would have otherwise done. So, I don't have the button to use for Mapopolis, it ONLY sends me out of the program.

On a different note, if anyone is still using the program, have you found anything to conflict with it, causing it to no longer provide navigation?