Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find a thread on my problem. My Verizon 700p randomly reboots itself throughout the day. It will just be sitting there and I hear the tone indicating a reboot and look down to see my phone rebooting on its own. It does this throughout the day. I have called Verizon and they don't seem to know anything about it. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you.
    what apps do u have installed
    And how long have you had it? Is the problem new? How did you install it? Did you install it using the software that came with the phone? Did you install it over old Palm software? Need more information.
    Would you happen to be running Butler's Keyguard?
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    what apps do u have installed
    http://img256.echo.cx/img256/1869/ditto8pi.gif Inquiring minds want to know.
    i've got the same problem. really random reboots all day long. up to 7 or 8 a day.. seems to be getting worse. i've also noticed that if i try to click on "pics & videos" it resets. consistently. every single time.

sometimes a phone call will come in and the "incoming call" screen will flash for a second and then reboot.

also, sometimes my bluetooth headset (verizon Plantronics 320) will show up as paired in the phone application, but then it won't actually be paired (i.e. the sound comes through the treo itself), and during a call it's as if the treo realizes that it's not paired.... so it reboots (usually after a few seconds into the call).

as far as software, i've got nothing that i've loaded onto it recently (except palm backup beta, which i removed after running the app once).. older software includes epocrates and some other medical calculator programs which have been on the phone for over a year now...

anybody have this problem or something similar? what particularly irritates me is the entire not-being-able-to-look-at-photos issue... always resetting...always...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The only apps I have installed are the ones that came installed with the phone. When I called Verizon a few weeks ago due to my email not syncing and the reboot problem, they had me install an updated version of the email sync program. Then they had me do a hard reboot. I synced my old data back to my phone and the reboot problem went away until I hot synced my phone again. It wouldn't sync nor backup my calendar, contacts, or tasks. I tried both options (sync and handheldoverwrites desktop) but it still wouldn't work. Then the reboot problem appeared again.

There appears to be no consitency as to when it reboots. It reboots when I'm doing absolutely nothing with the phone.