1.    #1  
    Yesterday I got to play with my toy and it was great!! I did a clean install and except for SAG everything it working. My treo is super quick, almost one step ahead of me

Today I had to work with it.
    My data connection doesn't go into standby and/or stay there as it should. Almost everytime I look at the phone the arrows are green. I know it goes into standby it just spontaneously bounces back and forth to active. This causes me serious battery drain, and more importantly most of my call are sent to voice mail since I am not in an EVDO area.

I belive this is a bug in the OS because I haven't set up email yet, and don't have any other data specific apps installed. So I am not sure what is taking its liberties with my connection

My other issue is that when I am on a call for a bit, the screen shuts off (completely black) at first I thought this was cool so I could put it back in my pocket and not hangup on the person. However, when a second call comes in, the screen doesn't resurect making caller ID nonexistant and it takes some fumbling to even answer the second call.

Anyone else experience these issues? I am going to try the phone without a BT headset tomorrow to see if that has anything to do with the screen shutting off. Maybe I just need to hit the red button to turn it on, I just haven't wanted to try it with the calls I had so far

Edit: Red button just hangs up then the screen lights up

Edit: Perhaps these are my comupins since my 700p was problem free
    Last edited by sxtg; 05/16/2007 at 04:52 PM.
    Check your preferences on screen settings.
  3.    #3  
    There is an option to dim the backlight but not turn the screen off.

It's not just the screen either, the keyboard is off also. only the hard buttons work but pressing them doesn't let me see who is calling, and there number doesn't make it to the call log.
    Do a hard reset and see if you have the issue before you sync anything.. Sounds like you might have an app this is causing a bug
    sxtg, one of the reasons i left the 700p to the 700wx was for "always on" data connection (i.e. i sync with exchange and selecting the "as arrive" option yields the annoying "push to sync" message). Does that still occurr with the 755p? If it does not, i would go back to the PalmOS.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10 View Post
    sxtg, one of the reasons i left the 700p to the 700wx was for "always on" data connection (i.e. i sync with exchange and selecting the "as arrive" option yields the annoying "push to sync" message). Does that still occurr with the 755p? If it does not, i would go back to the PalmOS.
    Not sure. I don't push email. I forward them to my SMS address then decide if I want to download
    ok...thanks. that was very annoying on the 700p. that is why for now i like the 700wx. i prefer the PalmOS. Doc's 2 Go is a better office solution than what is offered on the 700wx.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Do a hard reset and see if you have the issue before you sync anything.. Sounds like you might have an app this is causing a bug
    Bitter sweet!! I was actually already in the process of doing just. Now I have the pleasant task of weeding out the offender. I will post my findings since most of my apps are common.

Hopefully its connected to my data issue as well. I have no patience to troubleshoot for two problem apps
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Bitter sweet!! I was actually already in the process of doing just. Now I have the pleasant task of weeding out the offender. I will post my findings since most of my apps are common.

Hopefully its connected to my data issue as well. I have no patience to troubleshoot for two problem apps
    LOL sorry to say the "hard reset" I cant tell you how many times I have done it on my 700p then adding app by app on until the problem happens again. I spent an entire day doing hard reset after hard reset till I finally got a group of programs that have no trouble with each other.. Well sort of, my phone application has something messing with it that wont let it auto restart after reset.
    sxtg: Do you have too many apps installed to list? Maybe you can get confirmation from other 755p owners on specific programs so you can limit the ones you need to troubleshoot.
    this is funny actually. not for you but Palm is F'ing up so much with these products it is to the point where I cannot get angry. I am too numb. But I can laugh out loud!
    Quit your whining sxtg. This sounds like classic Treo behavior to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #13  
    I'd rather pluck my nose hairs than test one app at a time

whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    this is funny actually. not for you but Palm is F'ing up so much with these products it is to the point where I cannot get angry. I am too numb. But I can laugh out loud!
    Im pretty confident that it will be a silly system hack app that really doesn't do much for me anyway. I will post my findings when I finally come up for air.
  15.    #15  
    Found it! Luckily it was included in the first app I installed. It was OnGaurd that comes with the UninstallManager NeatFreak pack.

Because I've always disliked UI of that app I didn't eve have it "activated". So it appears to have an issue with the device itself as I didn't have any other apps installed either.

It appears that my data connection issue was also from this app. I think the device would "lock from itself" and not be able to disconnect. Now it disconnects at the instant the transfer is complete and switches back to active when needed, as it should.

So far I am really impressed with this device.
    I just PM'd you with a note re a beta of OnGuard that should work with the 755p; I received it this morning from Roy, the developer (the PM to you has Peter - my mistake I did not pay attention).

As for the UI of the application, it took a tad bit to get use to; however, when it comes to saving important data, nothing else on the market comes close to it.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Found it! Luckily it was included in the first app I installed. It was OnGaurd that comes with the UninstallManager NeatFreak pack.

Because I've always disliked UI of that app I didn't eve have it "activated". So it appears to have an issue with the device itself as I didn't have any other apps installed either.

It appears that my data connection issue was also from this app. I think the device would "lock from itself" and not be able to disconnect. Now it disconnects at the instant the transfer is complete and switches back to active when needed, as it should.

So far I am really impressed with this device.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I just PM'd you with a note re a beta of OnGuard that should work with the 755p; I received it this morning from Roy, the developer (the PM to you has Peter - my mistake I did not pay attention).

As for the UI of the application, it took a tad bit to get use to; however, when it comes to saving important data, nothing else on the market comes close to it.

Ben
    Honestly I don't care enough about it, to reinstall it.
    The backup part is fine its the Restore portion that needs work. I had it set for 2 copies. In case of loss the first is automatically rewritted with the "bad" data. By the time you figure out which copy should have the backed up data, both were overwritten with the "bad" data.

I know you can hold the 5way to dissable backup, but when data is lost you panic and don't remember that.
    I also had it set for multiple backups and after a couple of days went to just one backup copy. Ok. Ben