1.    #1  
    On the main screen next to the date and time I would always have an email notification with a number next to it telling me how many unread emails I have. Why did Palm remove this from the 755p? It was on the screen of the 700p and 650? It would be so easy because you just click that notification and then it would go straight to your emails.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyG35 View Post
    On the main screen next to the date and time I would always have an email notification with a number next to it telling me how many unread emails I have. Why did Palm remove this from the 755p? It was on the screen of the 700p and 650? It would be so easy because you just click that notification and then it would go straight to your emails.
    I noticed the exact same problem. I tried both Versamail and Chatteremail, and it doesn't work for either, so it seems like they either did remove it, or it is some sort of bug. The text message icon still appears, though...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I think they may have removed that to increase the speed of the app. I say this because versamail would slow down the 700p.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Thats a bad design or fix... does everyone else not have the notification icon?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I agree. I loved having that icon.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    I bet a large sum of money that is one of the fixes for the dreaded 700p lag. For whatever reason Palm must have determined that the phone app polling VM for the data was causing a problem and instead of fixing it, they just pulled the feature altogether. I won't miss it for a second, but that's a bummer for those of you who found it useful.
    Frankly, my device is rarely on the default dialer. It normally sits elsewhere, such as TakePhone, 2Day or another application. Ben
    Yes, the new email icon doesn't show up anymore on the Phone app on the 755p. Not a huge feature, but a nice one that will be missed. I'm glad that ChatterEmail still flashes a notification onto the screen for several seconds (plus a vibration too) which alerts me instantly to new messages. This usually suffices for me.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I do not have it... unfortunately.
    Don't have it either. It's not a bother for me at all.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I think they may have removed that to increase the speed of the app. I say this because versamail would slow down the 700p.
    Don't think its the reason for lag because even 650 had that feature. Must be a bug