Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Welcome to the new Club of Beta Testers, I am here at the Toyoto Dealership in Fort Worth & we cannot get the 2007 Camry XLE to connect to the 755p. It connects fine to the Motorola H-9 without problems (nice headset). And the Treo 700p worked fine with the same car. The rep & I are working with the car now. I think Palm blew it again! They acknowledge the issues but provide no solutions.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    That sucks.

The 755p works great with my 2006 Acura TL. Pairs, transfers to/from the handsfree and displays battery, signal and caller id information.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    That sucks.

The 755p works great with my 2006 Acura TL. Pairs, transfers to/from the handsfree and displays battery, signal and caller id information.
    Works great with my Motorola hands free kit. In fact it works better than before - it now actually announces the correct name/number of who's calling instead of announcing the name/number of the previous caller!
    That sucks.

same here on my '04!
    The 755p works like a charm (so far) in my 2006 Acura TSX. I've had several ~30 minute conversations without a glitch. I even had people comment on how clear the sound was.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrogers View Post
    Works great with my Motorola hands free kit. In fact it works better than before - it now actually announces the correct name/number of who's calling instead of announcing the name/number of the previous caller!
    What Motorola kit are you using? I'm thinking about picking one up to install in my wife's car.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    That sucks.

I'm not having the best luck with my 755p and Acura TL. It does all of the above, but calls initiated directly through the phone don't stay connected. I have to dial th enumber, then "transfer" the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Welcome to the new Club of Beta Testers, I am here at the Toyoto Dealership in Fort Worth & we cannot get the 2007 Camry XLE to connect to the 755p. It connects fine to the Motorola H-9 without problems (nice headset). And the Treo 700p worked fine with the same car. The rep & I are working with the car now. I think Palm blew it again! They acknowledge the issues but provide no solutions.
    Same here, same car and Treo 755p. All other phones worked perfect on the bluetooth, easy set up.

I may have an in here as I work for the Corp HQ of Toy**a. I will ask around.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slwatts View Post
    I'm not having the best luck with my 755p and Acura TL. It does all of the above, but calls initiated directly through the phone don't stay connected. I have to dial th enumber, then "transfer" the call.
    That's the way it works. You have to use the car's handsfree control to transfer the call from the phone to the car. Would be nice if the phone actually had a transfer button, but just hitting the car's handsfree button and saying "Transfer" isn't too bad.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    That's the way it works. You have to use the car's handsfree control to transfer the call from the phone to the car. Would be nice if the phone actually had a transfer button, but just hitting the car's handsfree button and saying "Transfer" isn't too bad.
    That's odd. It worked that way with my Treo 650. So, this is almost like a step backward for me with the 755p. Maybe I should be more specific. I am not trying to transfer an existing call, I am trying to make a new call from the phone once in the car, and the car moving.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    That's not the way mine is working. For me, I can dial (either by number or by any name I've stored in the car's system) using the Handsfree button on the steering wheel.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The 755p works perfectly with the BMW 5 series. The dreaded "1 call lag" on inbound calls that occurred with the 700p is gone. This is a major improvement as I hated not being able to see who was calling on the iDrive screen.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    For some reason the first day I got my 755 it wouldnt connect with my Lexus. At the time I had my 650 in the car as well. I took the 650 out of the car, tried the 755 and it worked. Maybe you motorolla set is causing interference? It's strange because my 650 would connect without problems and the 755 wouldnt connect even after i deleted the device from the car and diabled BT on the 650. Regardless it works better now becuase I get signal strength and battery indicator on the screen. Now If I could only display the internet on the nav screen, that would be sick
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm going to try with my 07 Infiniti G this morning. will post back.

650 worked great, 700p worked ok, actually not great, hopefully 755p will be great ...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I have a Lexus LS460 and my new 755p won't pair with it. I had the 700p and it paired with no problems. Any suggestions? Is this a know issue with the 755p?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    hmmm.....i was unable to pair to my 2007 Jaguar XK before the MR and now it not only works but is better sound quality than the razr i was using in it before
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    "mr" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by boboso View Post
    Same here, same car and Treo 755p. All other phones worked perfect on the bluetooth, easy set up.

I may have an in here as I work for the Corp HQ of Toy**a. I will ask around.
    I posted this on another thread and it was actually discovered by another member (sorry I forgot who and can't find the thread at the moment).

When you link up the handsfree it seems it is stuck on the "Enter Code" screen on the vehicle and completed on the Treo 755p. While it is on that screen and the 755p recognizes the handsfree and completes the set up, then... Make a call from the 755p. My 07 Camry then linked up fine and has been working perfect (at least for making calls). Get in car, connects, leave car, disconnects. Handsfree works fine now. May be a coding or set up issue between the various Toyota Nav and Bluetooth standard etc.

Found the link to the original thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=28
    Last edited by boboso; 06/05/2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Updated info
    I have a Nokia HF-6W car kit and I find the link disconnects randomly. Not while I'm in a call, just while it's idle. I haven't been able to figure out the pattern yet, if there is one. I never had this problemw ith my 650.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    One of my clients has a Lexus LS460 and a Treo 650. I got them paired, buy initiating the process both in the car and on the phone. But the Lexus won't download the phone book. I tried pairing with a TMobile Nokia 6086 and the car won't get that phone book either. Anyone else have this sort of trouble?
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast