1.    #1  
    I have a treo 700p and i have tried a bunch of cases. Some have been almost perfect but none are 100%. I know one of the most popular cases from seidio is the hard rubberized slim case. I love the design and after all the bugs were worked out we have a stable case. Three possible parts to improve on. Easier access to take case on and off, belt clip option or newer holster design which doesnt have clip over SD card (issues with card ejecting) and doesnt require two hands to take phone in and out and keypad covered.

Fooling around i put my palmone flexi skin on my treo and just placed the front panel of the seidio hard rubberized case ontop of case.... cool design !

now i had the rubberized case with keypad covered, of course the back doesnt fit so i couldnt keep like this. I would have to get my hands on a bigger hard rubberized case in which would fit over the flexiskin, which would add cushion if u drop the phone....but that option isnt present sooo..

seidio or anyone else... is there a case that can be designed which has a hard body like your rubberized case (so u can slide in and out of pocket with no trble) and has the keypad covered like the flexi skin by palm?

http://palm.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2529972reg.jpg

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductImages/700_rub.jpg

Treo owners like there cases to be all covered up, cover as much as possible

and the gel type cover over the keypad i feel makes it allot easier to type, better grip, faster typing
    Last edited by italiangspot; 05/16/2007 at 01:24 PM.
    We tried to get David (ohh the memories) to get a case like this a while ago but nothing ever happened. I hope SEDIO listens this time. SEDIO needs to realize that not everyone likes to have thier keyboard exposed with no protection.
  3.    #3  
    the protection and the feel of the keypad covered is great !

i think this would be a good idea for seidio being that there is not a hard case/ rubber coated keypad case on the market
  4.    #5  
    http://mytreo.net/archives/images/20...m%20EDITED.JPG

they might have some flaws with product quality and customer service but they come up with some of the coolest accesories

Who else could i contact and recommend this type of case to, i thought maybe boxwave....?
    The case idea, however wonderful, sounds like a PITA to put on and take off. I have the Rubberized UltraSlim Hardcase now for my 700p and love it, but it isnt the easiest to remove. Maybe they can integrate the keyboard cover you speak of in the existing case. I have never used a cover for the keyboard, so I cant really say that I want this or not.
  6.    #7  
    ya i would like it to be attached to case

under the case u would have the the keyboard material attached to the case

u would take off the case the same way u do now, i barely take off my case, i have the battery cover with the reset whole
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    ya i would like it to be attached to case

under the case u would have the the keyboard material attached to the case

u would take off the case the same way u do now, i barely take off my case, i have the battery cover with the reset whole
    So youre suggesting just making it in halves like it is now? I envisioned cutting the silicone case in half so the lower half that covers the keyboard can slip over the bottom half of the Treo and then try to attach the UltraSlim Hardcase over the entire Treo/silicone combination. Or, you can slip the silicone OVER the UltraSlim hardcase once its installed on the Treo. That way, I can help keep the case attached! Either way, interesting Idea.
    How about putting a rubber over the bottom of the phone then put it inside the case? Do they make them transparent?

No, I'm not kidding... Sorta.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    So youre suggesting just making it in halves like it is now? I envisioned cutting the silicone case in half so the lower half that covers the keyboard can slip over the bottom half of the Treo and then try to attach the UltraSlim Hardcase over the entire Treo/silicone combination. Or, you can slip the silicone OVER the UltraSlim hardcase once its installed on the Treo. That way, I can help keep the case attached! Either way, interesting Idea.
    yes, very true, i like the classy look of the black treo, but maybe doing it manually could be my answer,,,, cut out the flexiskin keypad covering and also the top buttons and maybe crazy glue to the inside of the top part of the rubberized hardcase... the only thing that i am worried about is that it is such an exact fit that any additional material i have on the inside the case wouldnt close, i had the BSE on the device prior and i couldnt get case to close....

another idea is like u said to force flexiskin over the hard case... but u loose the nice look that the hard rubberized black case gives off, might be a good idea for some added protection but not much being that the seidio case is so slim....
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    How about putting a rubber over the bottom of the phone then put it inside the case? Do they make them transparent?

No, I'm not kidding... Sorta.
    why not be really funky and put a glow in the dark rubber, the tip reserve part could be where the antenna goes

yes, very true, i like the classy look of the black treo, but maybe doing it manually could be my answer,,,, cut out the flexiskin keypad covering and also the top buttons and maybe crazy glue to the inside of the top part of the rubberized hardcase... the only thing that i am worried about is that it is such an exact fit that any additional material i have on the inside the case wouldnt close, i had the BSE on the device prior and i couldnt get case to close....

another idea is like u said to force flexiskin over the hard case... but u loose the nice look that the hard rubberized black case gives off, might be a good idea for some added protection but not much being that the seidio case is so slim....
    I'm chasing you in the different forums...ignore my other post as I just recapped what you said! Yes, tolerance is tight in the Seidio so that may not work.
  12.    #13  
    seidio doesnt even want to comment on this, lol
    What about just cutting out the keyboard part of the silicone case and gluing it to the inside of the Seido case? That way, you wouldn't have to worry about the fit like you would have to if you put the entire bottom of the silicone case inside the Seido case.
  14.    #15  
    i thought about that but when i glue the silicon to the inside of the case is where the trble would be, i wont be able to close case now, that case doesnt leave any room for anything else to fit between the treo and case
  15.    #16  
    my dream case....flexi skin material covering keyboard with rubberized seidio case on the outside

i tried the zcover and the keyboard area is so rough and not like the flexi skin material at all and the silicon case (zcover) is a dust collector, mine came with a larger stylus but a real garbage one, not worh the 40 bucks at all
    i thought about that but when i glue the silicon to the inside of the case is where the trble would be, i wont be able to close case now, that case doesnt leave any room for anything else to fit between the treo and case
    What about takind a dremel and boring out enough space on each side to accomodate the silicone skin for the keyboard?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  17.    #18  
    u breath on the skinny case the wrong way it will crack, lol
  18.    #19  
    i guess not

: (