Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    with a bluetooth headset that is.

i don't have one to test it with. i bought one before when i had the 700p and it always disconnected and yes they said they would come up with an update that would fix bt but i just said forget it and sold my headset. i'm hoping how well it works. can others report how well their headset works with the 755p? mention what headset you have..mention the range and battery life. i know all headsets are different but i'd like to know which one is the best for this phone so i can purchase one. thanks in advance.
    diane
    Not really a headset...but connection seems much better with my Moto IHF1000 car kit compared to the 700p. I cant really tell if there is a difference in clarity but the connection is much better, I used to have to reset the treo if i forgot to enable BT when I got in the car - now not an issue.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I wanted to know the same thing on BT. I'm wondering if the 755P uses the same BT stack as the 700P? I hope not.

If the stack is different I wonder if someone could potentially use the 755 BT stack to create a hack to fix the 700P? Or we could just wait until (If) Palm puts out an update for the 700P.

Can someone give us an update on BT regarding staying connected?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I haven't used a headset yet, but my experience so far using a handsfree profile in my car (Acura TL) has been good. I can easily transfer calls to and from the handsfree (using the TL's voice commands). The connection has been solid. And the signal strength, caller id and battery information shows up on the heads up display in the car.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    dbett - Thanks for the update! Hopefully more folks will chime in on the headset portion. I'm thinking they must have fixed the BT issues for the 755.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    I haven't used a headset yet, but my experience so far using a handsfree profile in my car (Acura TL) has been good. I can easily transfer calls to and from the handsfree (using the TL's voice commands). The connection has been solid. And the signal strength, caller id and battery information shows up on the heads up display in the car.
    DBETT, I have a TL and 650. Every 1st call I make after starting the car connects and immediately disconnects. Every call thereafter connects fine. DHave you noticed any such quirck w/ the 755p?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slwatts View Post
    DBETT, I have a TL and 650. Every 1st call I make after starting the car connects and immediately disconnects. Every call thereafter connects fine. DHave you noticed any such quirck w/ the 755p?
    Well I've only used it a few times. But it connects just fine. When I get in the car, the little phone icon on the car's dash display is lit. And simply pressing the Handsfree button and saying "Call [whoever I programmed in to the car]" has worked everytime.

So far, so good.

Oh, and as for the Headset, I know someone posted Palm's certified compatability list in some thread. Let's see, I think this is it:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...44829)#laptops
  8.    #8  
    Well those people who tried it with their cars I think thats a good sign it works successfully.
    diane
    My experience with the H700 is much better. Better range, better sound, it just "feels" like the connection is solid. I have a few other headsets from by beta testing with the 650 and the 700. I will probably try those in a day two also, once I figure out the how the 755 reacts to the "features" of this one.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    My experience with the H700 is much better. Better range, better sound, it just "feels" like the connection is solid. I have a few other headsets from by beta testing with the 650 and the 700. I will probably try those in a day two also, once I figure out the how the 755 reacts to the "features" of this one.
    Cool thanks! I'm really thinking of getting the h700. I've just heard really good reviews of the headset. I really don't want to go thru ebay because I know there are fakes out there. Guess I'm just going to have to shell out the cash for one.
    diane
  11.    #11  
    Anyone else tried it yet? Man I've gotta get a bluetooth headset again.
    diane
    Anyone using a Jawbone with the 755p? It's the only one I have successfully used with my 650 so if it doesn't work right with the 755p I have on order I might have to ditch the phone!
    I bought a 700P on 4/21, and nearly always my lockups were due to BT (the rest were due to WorstaMail, which I immediately abandoned for Snapper). Since I was within my 30-day period, I switched to (actually, bought anew in case it wasn't that big a deal and I wanted to keep the 700P) a 755P and so far, so good. No BT (or otherwise) lockups.

Of course, there's still one limitation; I like my headsets in my left ear, and carry my Treo in a pouch on my right side, and I'm 6'3", so when I stand up, the 2.4GHz signal gets absorbed by my head and it tends to break up. I think this is a Treo hardware limitation, my GF's Nokia something-or-other generic flip-phone sounds just fine.
    Palm Pre
    Jabra JX10 BT headset works great with 755P... People think I sound great except for when I am outside in the wind. JX10 worked like crap with my 700wx until I updated to the hacked BT stack (it was then just ok).
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Anyone else tried it yet? Man I've gotta get a bluetooth headset again.

I've used my WEP-200 and everything seems fine other than I get really staticy if I put the phone too far from the earpiece. The WEP I just bought isn't as good as the one I lost a few weeks ago (brand new from eBay, could be defective?), so I'm not sure if it's the earpiece or the phone. I haven't ever had issues staying paired or connected (with my 700, and so far, the 755) unless the headset is too far away from the Treo. I just have to press the button when I get back in range and it reconnects.

If it doesn't connect right away on some calls, I just press the button and it connects. I realize this is a big fat drag for some, but it's not a big deal to me. If I look at my phone and don't see the headset icon when a call comes in, I just press the button.

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I had read that the Palm Treo bluetooth headset had issues staying paired, which was true with my 700p. It was so annoying that I never used it. I'm happy to report that it now stays paired peefectly with my 755p. The range is great too. I'm sitting inside a restaurant (with my car in sight) and went to make a call, not realizing that it's stll paired with the headset in the car!!

I'm really enjoying this phone.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    never had bluetooth previously.

i'm looking at the Samsung WEP200 (seems pretty cool that something so small is not expensive at all), and the handful of reviews are pretty solid.

anyone have any negative experiences with this headset?
    My Jabra JX10 works much better on my 755P than it did on my 700P. I no longer have to turn off and on the headset for my 755P to discover it when the headset was out of range.

Incoming calls immediately get transferred to the headset, even if your bluetooth icon doesn't show that a headset is nearby.

I have zero complaints at the moment!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    BMW BT works perfectly with the 755p. The 1 caller lag issue for Caller ID from the 700p is know more.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Love my WEP200.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast