1.    #1  
    If the ROM update mimics the 755, it appears that Versamail in the ROM update will automatically include the push update that became available a few months ago. That is not good news for me, as if I install that update, my IT people require a 4 digit password be entered everytime I check my Outlook email. As I recall, even if the "push" button wasn't selected, it somehow alerted the server to the fact that I needed to enter the password. When I found that out, I immediately removed the update and went back to autosync every 5 minutes, which works great for me. If the update does include only the Versamail that requires push, I might not even avail myself of the upgrade. If the upgrade does include the "new" version of Versamail, is there any way to maintain the current version? I REALLY don't want to have to deal with a password every time I glance at my emails.....
    It sounds like PUSH will be an option you can turn off & on. The entire Versamail app is still the same... just has the PUSH capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    As I recall, even if the "push" button wasn't selected, it somehow alerted the server to the fact that I needed to enter the password.
    Notice he stated this.
    Hmmm...
  5.    #5  
    Yes. As I recall, I downloaded the update, naturally needed to re-set up the VM app, and when I entered the login information and tried to log in, I was asked for a password. I went to the IT people and they said, sure, you have to do it on your desktop, you also have to do it on your handheld. I immediately did a hard reset and restored from a backup done before I loaded the update, and ever since I've been autosyncing without the need for a password. Since I never even logged in using the update, I think whether the button is pushed or not makes no difference.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    you can also use a program like filez to save all the versamail apps in your rom. THen if the update doesn't allow you shut down the push, then you should be able to copy the older files back to your updated treo and use the old versamail. However, no one will know until it is tested.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre