Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    I don't recall my 650 ever doing this:

This morning, I realized that pressing and holding the "home" button brings up a short list of what I assume to be my "favorites." Once they appear, you have to release the "home" button or they'll disappear soon.

Anyway, once they appear, you can select any of the, in my case, eight options with the 5-way navigator and click on it to activate it.

I wouldn't know if it was available on the 700P, but it's a pretty convenient option.

My options were:

* Web
    * Phone
    * NesEm
    * Messaging
    * Calendar
    * Bluetooth
    * Kinoma
    * Quick Tour
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

This morning, I realized that pressing and holding the "home" button brings up a short list of what I assume to be my "favorites." Once they appear, you have to release the "home" button or they'll disappear soon.

Anyway, once they appear, you can select any of the, in my case, eight options with the 5-way navigator and click on it to activate it.

I wouldn't know if it was available on the 700P, but it's a pretty convenient option.

My options were:

* Web
    * Phone
    * NesEm
    * Messaging
    * Calendar
    * Bluetooth
    * Kinoma
    * Quick Tour
    It appears to be the list of the previous used apps. I didn't realize this was there.

Thanks,
    Hi All,

I have a 650 and the battery fully charged lasts me for several days. Of course, I don't use the web much due to lack of EVDO.

For those of you that have one, can the 755p go a full day after being 100% charged -- with moderate use? I'm not on the phone all the time by any means and would use web browsing some, but certainly not hours at a time (I don't think).

I've heard several comment that battery is less than 650, but how bad is it? 90% as much? 75% as much? 50% as much capacity? Thanks!

Cheers!
    Battery life depends greatly on how strong a signal phone has. My 1st day using it had poor signal, only 20% life by 5pm. Today, better signal, 50% life by 5pm (with mod use, mainly email and web browsing). I definitely will need an extended capacity battery.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by SidePocket View Post
    Hi All,

I have a 650 and the battery fully charged lasts me for several days. Of course, I don't use the web much due to lack of EVDO.

For those of you that have one, can the 755p go a full day after being 100% charged -- with moderate use? I'm not on the phone all the time by any means and would use web browsing some, but certainly not hours at a time (I don't think).

I've heard several comment that battery is less than 650, but how bad is it? 90% as much? 75% as much? 50% as much capacity? Thanks!

Cheers!
    I'm not sure what moderate usage really is, but I'd imagine you'd get through the day - you just wouldn't much energy to spare.

Talking via Bluetooth AND streaming audio/video, though, is a tremendous burden on the battery. If you do both throughout the day, you may be struggling to make it to the finish-line.
    I have been turning off bluetooth when I'm not going to be using it and have beaming off as well. I now have around 50% left around 10:00pm. I make/receive several calls a day, have Exchange Active Sync setup with Versamail and receive/send around 50-70 emails a day, and check a few things via the web.

Turning bluetooth off made the biggest difference. I only use it in my car, so I turn it off when I'm not in my car. Prior to turning off bluetooth, I would be around 20% at 10:00pm.
    I friggin' love the snappiness of the 755, particularly with the power button & blazer. Blazer's caching has finally become *somewhat* mature. EVDO is pretty sweet, but I don't think Blazer can really use it to its full potential. Look and feel are excellent; no antenna is big plus for my pocket. This phone has been the most stable phone I've bought from Palm... zero crashes in almost two weeks...woot!

The following is a straight copy from my post in another thread:

My only gripes with the Treo 755 are related to the Phone App:

1) The ignorance of reverting from the 650's favorite-style phone app menu to the 600's phone app 4-selection menu. (i.e. - after opening phone app, just press up to see your contacts or left to see your call log right away without having to hit another button to "select")

2) The BEST feature of the Treos was removed with the 755p: "Dialing by name or number". Now if I want to dial a number directly, I have to hold option and then start dialing the number...that's retarded. I bought a smartphone, dammit! The 300, 600, & 650 were smart enough to distinguish whether I was dialing a number or contact, why can't the 755?!?!?

3) Other people didn't like the 650's button layout when they first saw it...I saw its usefulness. Other people didn't like the 755's button layout after seeing the 650's layout...I was one of those people. I've actually adjusted to the ones that people seem to be having trouble with like power/hangup, menu, home, etc... but I can't seem to understand why there's a phone app button AND a green button. The only purpose of the green button is to dial calls...which the phone button was doing fine all by itself. I just wish Palm would make more sense these days. Why not just replace that phone button with something else and let the green button act like the phone button of the 650?!?

It's disappointing to me that ALL of my gripes with the Treos have been solved except for the most crucial ones, the ones related to the phone app. The phone's controls should be getting easier and more intuitive, not randomly different.
  8.    #88  
    How could I forget?

I really like having a Treo that automatically and successfully suspends DUN/PAM when I get a call or want to make a call, then automatically and successfully returns to DUN/PAM.

I guess I've got Sprint to thank for that, even though they took (what felt like) forever to make the software available.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I friggin' love the snappiness of the 755, particularly with the power button & blazer. Blazer's caching has finally become *somewhat* mature. EVDO is pretty sweet, but I don't think Blazer can really use it to its full potential. Look and feel are excellent; no antenna is big plus for my pocket. This phone has been the most stable phone I've bought from Palm... zero crashes in almost two weeks...woot!

The following is a straight copy from my post in another thread:

My only gripes with the Treo 755 are related to the Phone App:

1) The ignorance of reverting from the 650's favorite-style phone app menu to the 600's phone app 4-selection menu. (i.e. - after opening phone app, just press up to see your contacts or left to see your call log right away without having to hit another button to "select")

2) The BEST feature of the Treos was removed with the 755p: "Dialing by name or number". Now if I want to dial a number directly, I have to hold option and then start dialing the number...that's retarded. I bought a smartphone, dammit! The 300, 600, & 650 were smart enough to distinguish whether I was dialing a number or contact, why can't the 755?!?!?

3) Other people didn't like the 650's button layout when they first saw it...I saw its usefulness. Other people didn't like the 755's button layout after seeing the 650's layout...I was one of those people. I've actually adjusted to the ones that people seem to be having trouble with like power/hangup, menu, home, etc... but I can't seem to understand why there's a phone app button AND a green button. The only purpose of the green button is to dial calls...which the phone button was doing fine all by itself. I just wish Palm would make more sense these days. Why not just replace that phone button with something else and let the green button act like the phone button of the 650?!?

It's disappointing to me that ALL of my gripes with the Treos have been solved except for the most crucial ones, the ones related to the phone app. The phone's controls should be getting easier and more intuitive, not randomly different.

Stupid that you have to spend the money, but TakePhone still retains the 650-ish ability to just start dialing, it looks for contacts until that is not an option then goes to number.

Green button was stupid as well and I miss my right shift key. I have mapped the green key to go to text messeges so that helps a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

My options were:

* Web
    * Phone
    * NesEm
    * Messaging
    * Calendar
    * Bluetooth
    * Kinoma
    * Quick Tour
    Does the same on my 700p...it is convenient.
    at&t iPhone3G
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Stupid that you have to spend the money, but TakePhone still retains the 650-ish ability to just start dialing, it looks for contacts until that is not an option then goes to number.

Green button was stupid as well and I miss my right shift key. I have mapped the green key to go to text messeges so that helps a bit
    Why? There's already a key that goes to text messages - the one that looks like an envelope. (And you probably already know that pressing the shift/option key, first, then pressing the "envelope" takes you to your e-mail. Option+Phone takes you to the web. There are others.)
    Well, I just called and signed up for Sprint and a Treo 755p. I kinda hate giving up my 650. Cingular GSM has been reliable and I never had any of the problems with the 650 that so many other people complained about. Bluetooth was fine, audio quality was good (although, admittedly, I use a Jabra JX10 headset, which makes a difference), apps worked great, never had reset problems. From what I'm reading, the 755p will live up to my expectations, though.

I'll let you guys know once I get it.
    St00pit, indeed! I never liked TakePhone's interface, but I might have to check it out if I can't adjust (I usually can, but that's a pretty good feature to take away).

Yea, I missed my right key for the first day, but I think I naturally just use one side of my body to do common tasks like space/shift/ctrl/etc... hence, I prolly used the right shift key 2% of the time with the 650. Well, they had to make room for the menu key, which should have remained closer to the 5-way.

ADVICE FOR PALM: Dedicated green & red buttons are great, but make the green btn & phone app the same as with 650, please! Move menu key to where phone app key is, and I guess you can put the right shift back.... Now never change this part of the phone AGAIN!!! Sheesh.
    Well, my new Treo 755p (blue) arrived while I was traveling this week, so it sat and waited for me until I got back from Portland and Burbank. I got it all set up this morning. Set up Versamail for Exchange, no problem. Upgraded pTunes and Docs2Go nice and easy. Streamed a "Die Hard" trailer (very cool). Paired my JX10 easily. Basically, everything installed, configured, etc. very easily. Tomorrow I'm going to port my number over from Cingular and shut down that account.

I'm very pleased with this phone. The size and weight are great, no antenna is even better and the look/feel is definitely improved over the 650. Lots of memory on the phone and a 4GB card means tons of MP3's for the airplane rides.

Internet, email, etc. is very snappy, what a difference compared to the 650 and a 2.5G GSM network.

A couple of nitpicks, though. The first is one others have pointed out, that the green call key and the phone app key should be the same button, like the 650. That was pretty silly Palm. And moving the options key down to the bottom of the phone has me really goofed up, plus it just isn't as natural a position to use it, imho.

The other thing is reversing the order of dial pad and call log in the phone menu. I have gone into the dial pad about 10 times today and been a bit ticked off about that change.

But, really, these are very minor downsides compared to all of the really great improvement.

Very happy, both with Sprint and the Treo 755p.
    I love my 650 and it was hard to upgrade, but seemed like the one to go for so I did it. A good deal and I've been playing with it for the last few days.
    my observations-

PROS-

-most of my 650 accessories work, my seidio car charger works after removing the foam pad on the charger itself (755p fits nicely).

-internet is much faster. I can do data roaming now which is great.

-I like the new keyboard for typing.

-I also like the on-demand service, their directory assistance is excellent.

CONS

I agree that the sync cable that comes with the 755p fits too snugly. one of the pins will eventually break I guarantee it.

I hate the fact that they changed the card format. I bought a transcend 4gb class 2 SDHC and tomtom crashes the treo every time. I will try with a class 4, but there are no 8gb class 6 for this card and won't be for a while it seems.

the new stylus sucks and it is much harder to dig out with my nails. I need a new metal stylus with an extended nib on the top. terrible design.

the door holding in the memory card is completely flimsy. It reeks of cheapness. COME ON PALM!!

the new 'home' button won't work with my trusty facer launcher. it automatically goes to the palm launcher unless I launch facer each time from apps. is there any way to edit the 'home' button?

and, the battery life is terrible! much worse than the 650. I am debating buying an extended battery but it's a brand new phone!! I just spent a lot of coin on the phone itself why should I have to buy numerous upgrades too? cards, batteries, and if I go with an extended battery that alters the form factor, then I have to give all my cash to seidio who never supported me with my GPS cradle issues. I would need a 3200extended battery, new case, new cradle, to the tune of almost $200! I may go with the 2100 OEM battery upgrade but I fear that I will still end up running out of juice when streaming audio at the gym.
    ----------

well it has been a frustrating upgrade so far. I am really digging the streaming music and speed of the internet but I hope that the next weeks will go smoother than this one.

and if anyone knows how to edit the 'home' button to trigger an app instead of the palm launcher that would be great.
    cheers
    enryaku
    I just started a thread called "Protecting my 755 - skin/case/proclip? " and included a bunch of pictures of my poor beat up 650. Did other people's 650s look this beat up?
  17. em3
    I am thinking of upgrading to the 755p from a 650, however, I don't want to lose my existing unlimited Sprint Vision service for $5/month. Does the 755p require Power Vision services (which cost substantially more) or will it work fine on regular Vision services??

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by em3 View Post
    I am thinking of upgrading to the 755p from a 650, however, I don't want to lose my existing unlimited Sprint Vision service for $5/month. Does the 755p require Power Vision services (which cost substantially more) or will it work fine on regular Vision services??

Thanks!
    I went from a 650 to a 755 and Sprint said I had to change plans. It was $15, which was what I was paying before. They said it was because of the Power Vision services and that the 755 wouldn't operate data on the old Vision.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    Any answer to this question? I tried a 700wx and music could be streamed using the browswer w/o 3rd party software.
    Yes, it works. No additional software needed. It is not perfect though. Using Blazer go to Radio-Locator.com. Search and then choose the station you want and it will be streamed through the 755's embedded Kinoma player.

Here is the problem. The embedded player will not work in the background. Leave the program or turn the screen off and the streaming stops.
  20.    #100  
    I don't know if this special is still in-effect, but PdaNet for those who'd previously purchased a license for the 650, was discounted to $19.99 or so. Huge savings as I believe it's regularly $34.95 or something. Anyway, I realized I'd forgotten to mention this. Hopefully, it's not too late.

Btw, there are discounts for those who'd previously purchased a license for other devices, too, but the 650 discount was the deepest (and the most relevant to this thread, of course).
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast