Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    iPhone or 755P GSM - which one will you choose?
    755 GSM any day.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hiya ^_^/ well finally upgrade from the 650 to 755P and I must say, I am LOOOVING this upgrade! It seems to be a lil bit snappier when opening apps, it is WAY more colorful than the 650, makes me want to look for colorful wallpapers . Its just like the 650 as well in that there is hardly any lag going from app to app and music plays fine and steady, no pause or anything going from app to app. I bought a 1GB mini for now to hold me over until my paycheck comes in so I can get the 4GB mini. Of course, just like everyone else, I love the new rubberized body. Now I think I'll be safe from accidentally dropping this like the darn 650 slick body (dropped that thing so much I'm surprised the body didn't split open yet, it can take one heck of a beating). I also like the speaker grill and camera, the camera matches with the burgundy body because of that small red eye , very nice ^_^. I am very happy to see Palm give us a headset so I am enjoying listening to my music/audible books much better. I forgot how good it is to use headsets with the treo (I had the bad audio jack with the 650, made everything sound like it was underwater grrr>.<) I also love how they have alot of the common files I use in the ROM to save me memory. Speaking of memory, there is just soooo much. I have everything I had from the 650...and MORE (because I was limited with the 650 memory, I didn't have the cool apps to enhance the look of the 650 like zLauncher, SkinUI, etc) and still have around 40MB left. Now for the volume, its loud I am very happy with the sound coming out of the speaker grill and the ringtones. So for the overall pros and cons coming from the 650.

Pros:
    • Better Screen
    • Bettery body
    • More memory
    • Louder speaker
    • EVDO speed
    • Better Camera
    • No lag and very stable
    • Love how you can assign ringtones to contacts now
    • Come with stereo headset (kinda like how they took the small time to put their name brand on it too, looks nice)

Cons:
    • Force me to leave my long time friend (650)
    • SD card change from SD to Mini
    • Rubberized stylus (though I doubt I'll be using it)
    • No more Picsel (goes to reset loop trying to install it)

Overall I'm very happy with this new Treo and I'm sure it will tie me over until the Palm OSII treo comes out. Now off to fix the signature ^_^/
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    I stream talk internet radio on my 650 all the time using PT Deluxe. Does the 755 do it without having to install PT Deluxe?
    Any answer to this question? I tried a 700wx and music could be streamed using the browswer w/o 3rd party software.
    Nope, you need PT Delux. Palm just gives the basic version ;_;...like usual. Since you have PT delux, just go ahead and put it on the 755. I hope we can listen to streaming online radio for a long while.....
    Well the general consensus (both myself and reading the posts) appears to be in:

755 is a great upgrade for 650 owners.

Better:

Screen (just seems crisper and brighter than my 650)
    Sound (wife says I sound lots better, I can hear without VolumeCare!)
    Size (I know its close, but that little bit of difference, makes a difference)
    Reception (much better for me at home especially)
    No Antenna (Never bothered me really, but like it a lot without)
    Memory
    Better Blazer (not just EVDO, but page size limits)
    EVDO
    Feel/quality/build (funny how much "better" the darn thing just feels)
    Keyboard feel (not layout, just how the keys feel and work)
    Built-in apps
    Less resets/lockups (this is one that has not been mentioned enough IMO. My 650 locked up and reset quite a bit. So far, I have only had one lockup problem and that is when I installed TreoAlarms. It was set to get weather from US weather service instead of Yahoo and locked up when I refreshed. After changing it to yahoo no lockup. Also NO random resets so far!!!)

Worse:

Battery Life
    Keyboard layout (not huge problem, and I am getting used to it)
    Mini SD
    Some apps still not work quite right. (Dial via DA is the one I want!)

So.... No question in my mind that the 755 was well worth the $270 I spend upgrading my several year old 650. I can certainly understand the issues that 700p owners are having. You can make a real good case that THIS should have been what Palm released when the 700p came out. Is it worth it to upgrade from 700p to 755 (assuming that an MR actually fixes some of the 700p issues)? I can't say but this user be happy.
    There has been a couple of comments implying that it is impossible to assign a ringtone to an individual contact on the 650. It's not as easy, but it can be done. Just set up a speed dial in the phone ap & assign a ringtone. That being said, I would upgrade in a second if there were a GSM 755.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    There has been a couple of comments implying that it is impossible to assign a ringtone to an individual contact on the 650. It's not as easy, but it can be done. Just set up a speed dial in the phone ap & assign a ringtone. That being said, I would upgrade in a second if there were a GSM 755.
    Good to know. Thanks, horatio8.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Nope, you need PT Delux. Palm just gives the basic version ;_;...like usual. Since you have PT delux, just go ahead and put it on the 755. I hope we can listen to streaming online radio for a long while.....
    With the 755 will I be able to use stereo bluetooth headphones?
    I don't believe so, Palm is still dragging its feet when it comes to upgrading the bluetooth profile . Wish I could so I wouldn't have to use the cord, just gets in the way ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Welp getting ready to set up for the 755P and trying to have a unified color scheme so can't wait to get that and have an overall red interface. Except for Treoweather....gotta look colorful for the weather update ^_^.
    I'd like to see a burgundy skin for pTunes of the default sleek skin. The crimson one looks not bad but it isn't burgundy.

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/index.php?id=131

Al
  11.    #71  
    Something someone said on another thread reminded me of this one:

- My photos (including those on the card) load almost instantly, despite the fact that they're 1.3 MP, whereas my 650's pix took 3-4 seconds to load (from the card, I think).

This is huge considering how I like or need to scroll through my photos, sometimes. It was an occasional pain to have to wait for each pic, even when I was going back to one I'd already viewed.

The 755P even has a slideshow mode that I don't think was available on the 650 (dunno about the 700 models).

Honorable mention to being able to charge the phone using the sync cable.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    good thread guys. i've had my 650 since the days of the 650 roadshow discounts and i'm very tempted to switch to a 755 while convincing Sprint to move me over to a SERO plan. Keep updating this thread as I'd love to learn more about the features. Incidentally, anyone able to access XMradio online via their 755?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Is Voice Dialing included? Can you use it from a Bluetooth head set?
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    Is Voice Dialing included? Can you use it from a Bluetooth head set?
    I haven't tried it, but I believe there's a trial version of some voice dialing software. I'm fairly confident it cannot be used via Bluetooth (for the dialing part alone, I mean).
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I'm a little nervous.

I just bought one via web. My Treo 650 is dead, so I had to do something. I had originally intended on waiting until this fall to see what the Christmas lineup had to offer.

I'm not as enthusiastic about my purchase as I would like - but, I did go out and look at all the choices - testing each one out. I've had BBerry before - not going back. I need a touch screen - I can't give that up, I need one handed - the slider's drove me instane just playing with them.

So, what does that leave me? Another Treo. W or P.

I just hope I am as excited about it when I get it as you posters are. It's a 2 year decision for me.

My biggest concern - is the battery life. Using EAS all day ran my 650 pretty hard, so I had upgraded to a better battery.

Will the 755 make it all day using EVDO speeds and EAS along with allot of phone use (2 hours).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    Incidentally, anyone able to access XMradio online via their 755?
    http://mobile.musicdock.com/mobile/default.asp

It works great on my 755p
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    1) Still have not heard thoughts on iPhone vs 755

2) Have heard that BT, while good compatibility with headsets, may not work in BT compatible cars. Anyone have experience specifically with Hondas and/or Acuras?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    ... I notice that the new cables fit more snugly than I'm used to. In fact, the sync cable has to all but be pried out of its port.

Maybe I just need to stop being so gentle with them?
    Same here - sync cable is a very tight fit and seems like it should have some kind of release button, almost as if the prongs are a little too wide to fit in the holes. Will probably get easier with use.
    Sorry
    I have a quick question but haven't seen a thread that fit yet. So I'll start here. When a call ends about 50% of the time the screen defaults back to dial pad. The other times it automatically goes back to the contacts list. Not a huge deal but very annoying to me. Why not one or the other at all times? I'm not sure if it's a glitch and I should exchange the phone or not. I had a 650 before and everytime a call ended it went back to the dial pad screen. I've done soft and hard resets, no luck. Thanks
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdnur View Post
    Sorry
    I have a quick question but haven't seen a thread that fit yet. So I'll start here. When a call ends about 50% of the time the screen defaults back to dial pad. The other times it automatically goes back to the contacts list. Not a huge deal but very annoying to me. Why not one or the other at all times? I'm not sure if it's a glitch and I should exchange the phone or not. I had a 650 before and everytime a call ended it went back to the dial pad screen. I've done soft and hard resets, no luck. Thanks
    Are you sure it doesn't just default back to whichever screen you were on before the call?

I just checked my 755P and it goes back to my contacts list if I dial from the contacts page OR if I dial by name (which takes me to the contacts page). If I dial the number directly from the "phone" screen (or whatever - mine isn't set on the dial pad option), it returns there, after the call.

If that's not the issue, let us know if you ever discover it. G'luck.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast