Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well if all goes well with the 755P then maybe my dad will be getting a used phone for fathers day ..maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Does the 755p's Blazer limit downloads from the web to 2MB like on the Sprint 650?
    Anyone had time to test whether they can download a file bigger than 2MB from the web browser on the 755p?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR View Post
    Ok, you have my attention. I have a 650 too but what are you people doing with your old 650's? Are you eBaying them? or what? Sprint will give me $25 as a trade in but I know it is worth more than that. This is what is holding me up getting a 755p, just not knowing what to do with my good ole 650.
    I expect to sell it at some point, but at the moment it's my back-up phone in case something happens to my 755P. (I went through 3 or 4 650's before getting one that worked properly.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I expect to sell it at some point, but at the moment it's my back-up phone in case something happens to my 755P. (I went through 3 or 4 650's before getting one that worked properly.)
    Ding Ding Ding

I had never thought of that option. That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers
    Rees
  5.    #45  
    My 650's caller i.d. displayed phone numbers, but didn't provide a name unless the number was already in my contact list/phone book. That wasn't ideal (as compared to landline caller i.d.), but I learned to live with it.

When I get a phone call, the 755P (this one, anyway) displays the phone number, but often displays "Unnamed Caller" - even when there's a matching contact in my contact list/phone book.

Have any of you experienced this? If so, have you found a work-around?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Anyone had time to test whether they can download a file bigger than 2MB from the web browser on the 755p?
    I heard that the limit is no longer and that some people were already downloading 20MB podcast just fine.
  7.    #47  
    I just realized that 755P owners can choose certain (ring-)tones to ring depending on the caller. In other words, without any third-party software, I can choose to hear one ringtone when my mom calls and another when my girlfriend calls and another when my boss calls, etc.

Nice.

Since I just heard a podcast, yesterday, which mentioned the free software, "Musictones," I can now easily (and without expense) create 30-second (or longer?) ringtones from my existing mp3's.

I thought I'd still need Ringo, though, (although they don't list the 755P as a compatible model) to associate those mp3's with certain people from my contact list. Now I see that, unlike my 650, the 755P can do that natively!

Well, that's $30 I just saved.

By the way, another good thing about Musictones, from what I hear, is that it creates ringtones that reside on your phone, so it's not software that takes over the ring-alert process for incoming calls. It creates the 'tones, then gets out of the way - apparently leaving a smaller memory footprint.
  8.    #48  
    Summary of my most recent 755P vs. 650 observations

12) re: Text Messages

"I just sent my first text message using the 755P. I was a little worried, at first, because pressing the down-arrow didn't provide a list of recipients or a "browse" option, but I realized that 1) I could go to the contact and choose "message" from there... then 2) I tried to figure out how to add another recipient and it turned out that I only needed to start typing the name.

I.M. =

I'm still trying to figure out how to set the phone to do what my 650 did: dial by name or number, whichever one matches.
    "

13) re: Streaming Audio

"I just streamed internet radio through the 755P, for the first time. Except for the excessive talk (which is purely a content gripe), it was pretty doggone cool.

Hawaii Hip Hop radio, baby. Too bad I didn't get to hear any actual music, though.

BUT IT'S STILL COOL!
    "

14) re: Sound Quality

"
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejung View Post
    One problem I have with the 650 on Sprint in San Francisco is the call sound quality. Six years ago I bought a simple Motorola flip phone that was much better. My 650 is almost impossible to use in a noisy environment such as on a bus or on a side walk of a busy street. I never had that problem with the old Motorola.

I would appreciate additional comments on the phone sound quality.
    I've not been in many noisy environments, yet, but the 755P's native sound quality seems superior to the 650's enhanced (i.e. VolumeCare) sound quality.

The speakerphone seems stronger and more crisp.

I've only had it a day and a half, though, and haven't gotten that many calls, so keep that in-mind. It's possible that I've listened to more music than phone calls, at this point.

More later.

EDIT: I've been a bit bothered by the speakerphone, recently. Maybe it's due to Kinoma or low audio-quality podcasts. I dunno. But using the included earbuds worked quite nicely.
    "

15) re: Dial-By-Name

"Found it.

Instead of being under the "Dial Preferences" or "Phone Preferences" it's under "Phone Display Options."

It's been tweaked a bit, too. Now, you can press the shift/option button if you just wanna dial manually - which is a good thing, imo, as it avoids confusion.
    "

16) re: Cable Connections

"Anyone else feel like they're breaking something when they try to remove the cables from the bottom of the 755P?

There needs to be a release button, since these things fit so very securely into place.
    "

17) re: Earbuds

"The 755P comes with stereo earbuds with a built-in microphone. Nice.

I had to buy something like that for my 650, except hardly anyone knew anything about Treos back then, so I had no clue that the connections are in some weird order. In other words, not all stereo buds (with or without an adapter) would work properly with the 650.

I suspect the same is true of the 750, but at least they started us off with something. And they work pretty well.

EDIT: By the way, if you've never had a conversation in stereo before, it's kinda nice. If the volume's too low, you don't have to blast out one eardrum. It's easier to hear at lower volumes in stereo - in my opinion, anyway.
    "

18) re: Cable Connections pt. 2

"I like a firm connection, too, but this is a bit too firm for there to be no release button. It's so tight, in fact, that I mistakenly thought my 650 cables didn't fit."

19) re: Bluetooth

"I'm about ready to confirm what others have said about superior Bluetooth in the 755P, as compared to the 650.

BT connects so much more quickly (and, so far, consistently) that I've become aware of how much lag time there was in my 650. My habits were built around that lag time, but when I use the 755P, I find that my call and headset* have connected before I put the earpiece on.

I'll adjust, but this highlighted the relative short-comings of the 650's BT. Not bashing the 650, but this was a noticeable difference.

* - Jawbone headset, btw
    "

20) re: Caller I.D.

"My 650's caller i.d. displayed phone numbers, but didn't provide a name unless the number was already in my contact list/phone book. That wasn't ideal (as compared to landline caller i.d.), but I learned to live with it.

When I get a phone call, the 755P (this one, anyway) displays the phone number, but often displays "Unnamed Caller" - even when there's a matching contact in my contact list/phone book.

Thanks.
    "

21) re: Ringtones

"I just realized that 755P owners can choose certain (ring-)tones to ring depending on the caller. In other words, without any third-party software, I can choose to hear one ringtone when my mom calls and another when my girlfriend calls and another when my boss calls, etc.

Nice.

Since I just heard a podcast, yesterday, which mentioned the free software, "Musictones," I can now easily (and without expense) create 30-second (or longer?) ringtones from my existing mp3's.

I thought I'd still need Ringo, though, (although they don't list the 755P as a compatible model) to associate those mp3's with certain people from my contact list. Now I see that, unlike my 650, the 755P can do that natively!

Well, that's $30 I just saved.

By the way, another good thing about Musictones, from what I hear, is that it creates ringtones that reside on your phone, so it's not software that takes over the ring-alert process for incoming calls. It creates the 'tones, then gets out of the way - apparently leaving a smaller memory footprint."
    Is 755P GSM 3.5G 2M camera w flash to be released 7/15?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    If so, it's news to me.
    Is this is rumor?? I need to get a new Treo (water damage) but there is no way in hell I would ever use Sprint again. I need European coverage as well.
    I just realized that 755P owners can choose certain (ring-)tones to ring depending on the caller. In other words, without any third-party software, I can choose to hear one ringtone when my mom calls and another when my girlfriend calls and another when my boss calls, etc.
    Wow if thats true, its one request for DBP I don't have to worry much now. Though it still be good for other Palm Treo users. That feature be so good for alll. (Have the Grudge noise for work calls hehe)
    [B]20) re: Caller I.D.

"My 650's caller i.d. displayed phone numbers, but didn't provide a name unless the number was already in my contact list/phone book. That wasn't ideal (as compared to landline caller i.d.), but I learned to live with it.

Thanks.
    "
    When someone calls who is not in my contact list the state where the caller is calling from comes up on the top line over the phone number. Very weird. First time I saw this I thought someone with the state of Missouri was calling me.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  14. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Good to hear about the ringtones for specific people, but unless it can do it for categories I will still use mRing. I like to have a ringtone play a song from each show that I'm working on when someone from that show calls. Gives me a little heads-up about what I should expect when the phone rings.
    I would buy one immediately.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I would buy one immediately.
    iPhone or 755P GSM - which one will you choose?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Hiya 755P owners ^_^/ I was wondering can you test out to see if the splash screen can be changed. I always had the iTreo on my 650 and it be cool if it still works onthe 755P. Here is the link to the file
    iTreo Splash Screen
    Welp getting ready to set up for the 755P and trying to have a unified color scheme so can't wait to get that and have an overall red interface. Except for Treoweather....gotta look colorful for the weather update ^_^.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    When someone calls who is not in my contact list the state where the caller is calling from comes up on the top line over the phone number. Very weird. First time I saw this I thought someone with the state of Missouri was calling me.
    That feature surprised me, too. It's better than nothiing, I guess.

By the way, it was Ringo that caused my caller i.d. to act funny. I.D.'s have been fine since I uninstalled Ringo.

To whomever mention mring, I'll have to look it up some time Thanks.
    Im a treo 650 owner. I checked out the 755 in my local sprint store. Its a nice new look - the blue soft touch paint looks good. Camera and speakerphone look decent. Good build quality. The battery door felt a bit flimsy , though, as if it would be easy to break The screen looked pretty crisp.

The store didnt have the phone provisionalized though so I couldnt evaluate ev-do. Whats REALLY hilarious though, was that neither guy knew what the heck EV-DO even was!!! Seriously, they had no clue and hadnt even heard of the term before!

In any case, I think this would be an excellent move up from a treo 600. I mean an awesome upgrade. I still dont think its enough for me to ditch my 650 for though. I enjoy the plan I have now and intend to keep with it until the truly next big thing hits the stores...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast