Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I've not been in many noisy environments, yet, but the 755P's native sound quality seems superior to the 650's enhanced (i.e. VolumeCare) sound quality.

The speakerphone seems stronger and more crisp.

I've only had it a day and a half, though, and haven't gotten that many calls, so keep that in-mind. It's possible that I've listened to more music than phone calls, at this point.

More later.
    midmofan and west3man, thanks for the feed back. Sounds like it will be worth my while to go down to a Sprint store to check it out.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    I haven't figured this out yet either. It is a bit frustrating.
    Found it.

Instead of being under the "Dial Preferences" or "Phone Preferences" it's under "Phone Display Options."

It's been tweaked a bit, too. Now, you can press the shift/option button if you just wanna dial manually - which is a good thing, imo, as it avoids confusion.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    So far for me, the 755 sound is MUCH better than my 650 with VolumeCare
    Also, there is no doubt that my signal strength is better, and its not just a trick with the bars. My house is in a bad spot and I could not connect on the internet from the basement on my 650 as the signal was too weak, also people had trouble hearing me. No problem now.
    Got the burgundy,
    1) Slimmer, lighter, firmer, & smooth
    2) Firmer buttons/keyboard
    3) Clearer, crisper screen
    4) Better reception (perhaps)
  5.    #25  
    Anyone else feel like they're breaking something when they try to remove the cables from the bottom of the 755P?

There needs to be a release button, since these things fit so very securely into place.
  6.    #26  
    The 755P comes with stereo earbuds with a built-in microphone. Nice.

I had to buy something like that for my 650, except hardly anyone knew anything about Treos back then, so I had no clue that the connections are in some weird order. In other words, not all stereo buds (with or without an adapter) would work properly with the 650.

I suspect the same is true of the 750, but at least they started us off with something. And they work pretty well.

EDIT: By the way, if you've never had a conversation in stereo before, it's kinda nice. If the volume's too low, you don't have to blast out one eardrum. It's easier to hear at lower volumes in stereo - in my opinion, anyway.
    Anyone else feel like they're breaking something when they try to remove the cables from the bottom of the 755P?

There needs to be a release button, since these things fit so very securely into place.
    I have been using my old cables so didn't notice until yesterday when I helped a friend setup their's with their cables. I couldn't believe how tight it was, and yes, I thought I was going to break something taking it out.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas

It is so nice having a firm connection for my car charger. My 650 had reached the point where the cord just sat in the connction, nothing was holding it in anymore.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    It is so nice having a firm connection for my car charger. My 650 had reached the point where the cord just sat in the connction, nothing was holding it in anymore.
    I like a firm connection, too, but this is a bit too firm for there to be no release button. It's so tight, in fact, that I mistakenly thought my 650 cables didn't fit.
  10.    #30  
    I'm about ready to confirm what others have said about superior Bluetooth in the 755P, as compared to the 650.

BT connects so much more quickly (and, so far, consistently) that I've become aware of how much lag time there was in my 650. My habits were built around that lag time, but when I use the 755P, I find that my call and headset* have connected before I put the earpiece on.

I'll adjust, but this highlighted the relative short-comings of the 650's BT. Not bashing the 650, but this was a noticeable difference.

* - Jawbone headset, btw
  11. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm about ready to confirm what others have said about superior Bluetooth in the 755P, as compared to the 650.

BT connects so much more quickly (and, so far, consistently) that I've become aware of how much lag time there was in my 650.
    How is BT hotsyncing? My 650 is sloooooooooo(pause and come back to this post in 15 minutes)ooooooooow. I only have it set to sync PIM data when BT syncing and it's still slow. I never use it except on the rare occasions I've forgotten my cable, because it's so much easier and faster to dig out the cable and plug it in and be done with it in a minute than not be able to use my Treo for 10 minutes saying "It's STILL not done yet?!"

I hope now it will be fast enough that I can BT sync because it's convenient, not just when I don't have a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverandever View Post
    Absolutely love the 755p moving from a Cingular 650.
    I also have a 650 on Cingular. I would consider switching to the 755p, but need GSM coverage. Did you switch carriers to switch phones? Can the 755p be unlocked?

Sprint coverage in the metro Boston area is weak.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    How is BT hotsyncing? My 650 is sloooooooooo(pause and come back to this post in 15 minutes)ooooooooow. I only have it set to sync PIM data when BT syncing and it's still slow. I never use it except on the rare occasions I've forgotten my cable, because it's so much easier and faster to dig out the cable and plug it in and be done with it in a minute than not be able to use my Treo for 10 minutes saying "It's STILL not done yet?!"

I hope now it will be fast enough that I can BT sync because it's convenient, not just when I don't have a choice.
    I've noticed no speed differences in bt syncing between the 650 & 755, about 2-3 minutes on both... have you ever tried bt syncing without the sd card? that was my cause of slow bt syncing on the 650..
    Is the screen size the same on the 755P as it was on the 650? Or is it lil smaller? Wondering if I have to go out and buy new screen protectors as I saw that vivid screen. Also is the connectors the same? I would hate to see the Seidio audio/charge cradle go to waste >.< Errrmmm....I think its time to start 'Spring cleaning" my treo with new cradles, SD cards (this time will keep it clean, I made too many folders all thrown around with junk), I don't know about a case, the body is so sleek and beautiful and feels good to hold. Can't cover up such beauty >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I also have a 650 on Cingular. I would consider switching to the 755p, but need GSM coverage. Did you switch carriers to switch phones? Can the 755p be unlocked?

Sprint coverage in the metro Boston area is weak.
    CDMA phones cannot be unlocked and CDMA carriers are not inclined to activate phones purchased from other sources.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I've noticed no speed differences in bt syncing between the 650 & 755, about 2-3 minutes on both... have you ever tried bt syncing without the sd card? that was my cause of slow bt syncing on the 650..
    Just what I was going to say. Snatch that sd card out if you've got a lot of data on it, which Hotsync might be inclined to duplicate during the syncing process.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Is the screen size the same on the 755P as it was on the 650? Or is it lil smaller? Wondering if I have to go out and buy new screen protectors as I saw that vivid screen. Also is the connectors the same? I would hate to see the Seidio audio/charge cradle go to waste >.< Errrmmm....I think its time to start 'Spring cleaning" my treo with new cradles, SD cards (this time will keep it clean, I made too many folders all thrown around with junk), I don't know about a case, the body is so sleek and beautiful and feels good to hold. Can't cover up such beauty >.<
    I'm confident that the screens are identical on all Treo models since (and including) the 650, but I've no specs on-hand to back me up.

The only screen differences I'm aware of have to do with resolution (and therefore, activated screen area) on the Windows Treos being less than that of the Palm models.

Since the 650 and 755P are both running Palm (or whatever they're calling it this week) operating systems, I think they're the same size.
  18. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    No, I've never thought to try that. That's a good point. I'll have to look into that next time. Thanks.
    Ok, you have my attention. I have a 650 too but what are you people doing with your old 650's? Are you eBaying them? or what? Sprint will give me $25 as a trade in but I know it is worth more than that. This is what is holding me up getting a 755p, just not knowing what to do with my good ole 650.
    Rees
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesR View Post
    Ok, you have my attention. I have a 650 too but what are you people doing with your old 650's? Are you eBaying them? or what? Sprint will give me $25 as a trade in but I know it is worth more than that. This is what is holding me up getting a 755p, just not knowing what to do with my good ole 650.
    Do not sell your treo to Sprint for only $25. I've been seeing 650's on ebay go for $200. You can definitely make more by selling it on the forums or ebay. I upgraded to the 755p from my 700p. I sold my 700p for $350 and bought my 755p for $279. Extra money left over in the end
    diane
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast