Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking into buying a program to erase/lock my treo in the event that I lose it. I think I am going to get either mSafe or Bluepill. They both have features to send an SMS message to lock, or to erase, my treo if it is lost. Do people have any suggestion on which might be a better option?

Chris
    I like BluePill but I don't know if much development has been done on it lately. You may also want to look at similar features offered in Butler. I think BluePill is the most comprehensive of apps of that ilk.
    I second BluePill I've used mSafe for years, but BluePill is easier & better.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm happy with BluePill as well but it does seem development has slowed....
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I used Blue Pill on my 650 and liked it. Plus it is cheap. I'm not sure what else they can add to it so I would be less concerned with development status.
    I don't remember what it was but I recall in a thread at 1src that msafe had a major security flaw, remote lock/wipe, can't remember, but I'm another happy BluePill user!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Where can one find this little BluePill?

Thanks
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Where can one find this little BluePill?

Thanks
    http://www.palmpowerups.com/index.php
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

Thanks
    Tired but got a message at startup stating:
    Device did not pass security test. Please remover MulitUserHack, HSNSwitch, and other such applications.

Well I dont know what they are and did not find them on my Treo 650.
    Checked via OS delete, FileProg, and Destaller.

Anyone know why or what I am to do next?

Thanks
    JW
    Try a soft reset before installing BluePill. Don't turn on the phone or initiate any data connections. Just soft reset then hotsync. Maybe that will resolve the issue.
    I use BluePill and TealLock 6 together. Works very well for me.
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I use BluePill and TealLock 6 together. Works very well for me.
    Ben
    I used to but got tired of unlocking my Treo every time I want to use it. I'm more interested in being able to zap what's on it should it get away from me some how. I seriously doubt much time would pass between it being lost or stolen and my remote zapping it (which would be the only useful purpose of TealLock) with BluePill. Meanwhile, I am enjoying my Treo much more without the aggravation of having to unlock it all the time!
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I use Warden. I can remote lock and erase data via either SMS or their website. Very small program too, good consideration for a 650.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    I installed Warden and it may be that I'd need to uninstall BluePill, but it didn't work at all on my Treo 700p. After config setup, when I unlock the device it unlocks momentarily and then immediately locks and turns off again. There again, BluePill does all i want, and that is to provide the capability to remotely wipe my RAM and SD card in the event of loss or theft. Anything else, like password unlock to use the device, gets in my way more than it would the thief's!
    It might get in your way; however, we all get distracted once in a while. Working one day I set my 700p down for in an open area of a retail store and was lucky enough to find it an hour later in the same place untouched. I missed it an hour and within that time period I had all ready gone to a different location. I tried Warden and went back to TealLock 6.

Ben
    Tried bluepill after seeing this thread. Doesn't get any easier...or cheaper.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Well I still get the error message:
    Device did not pass security test. Please remover MulitUserHack, HSNSwitch, and other such applications.

Anything else to try?
    Thanks
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well I still get the error message:

Anything else to try?
    Thanks
    Those might not be applications, but in the Prefs (I think they're called DAs)

Another thing to check, do you have any apps that allow you to engage multiple profiles on the same device?

Finally, you could do an Internet search for the files that are used by those hacks to see if they're on your device, even if you don't use the apps.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Thanks I now know or think I know what he problem is...
    MultiuserHack, HSNSwitch are apps that change the userID or hot sync id's...

I dont have these on my Treo but do have a little long forgotten app called UserName...
    I needed that to be able to use my previously purchased apps when I used my earlier Palm devices...
    Hmmmmm what to do now?

Thanks
    JW
    I can install BluePill with no trouble on my Treo 680, and it seems to configure OK too, but when I try to activate any remote locking or reporting (I don't want to hard reset or wipe SD card at this point) I can send an SMS activation message from my PC via Yahoo messenger just fine, but it doesn't have any effect on the Treo. There is not much documentation available for BluePill. Does anyone think I might be missing something obvious?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast