1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am trying to install blackberry on my unlocked Treo 680. However palm's website does not accept my Treo's serial number. I have read that this is due to only cingular Treo's being accepted to download Blackberry Connect. I have also read that someone borrowed a friends Cingular serial number and used that to download the software which worked fine. I live in the UAE and dont have access to cingular, but my local provider offers blackberry services. Is there anyway that i can download the Blackberry Connect software off the palm website or any other source to download it at all. I appriciate the efforts. Thanks guys

Seif
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seifyall View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to install blackberry on my unlocked Treo 680. However palm's website does not accept my Treo's serial number. I have read that this is due to only cingular Treo's being accepted to download Blackberry Connect. I have also read that someone borrowed a friends Cingular serial number and used that to download the software which worked fine. I live in the UAE and dont have access to cingular, but my local provider offers blackberry services. Is there anyway that i can download the Blackberry Connect software off the palm website or any other source to download it at all. I appriciate the efforts. Thanks guys

Seif
    Blackberry Connect only supports Cingular Treos. It also doesn't support BIS - you can only use it if your company has its own Exchange server.
    How would it be if my company has the Exchange Server and gave me a Blackberry - could I download the connect software from anywhere and use the treo instead of the Blackeberry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Adams View Post
    How would it be if my company has the Exchange Server and gave me a Blackberry - could I download the connect software from anywhere and use the treo instead of the Blackeberry?
    You can download the BBC software and use it on any carrier that has blackberry enterprise service. You'll have to have Blackberry Enterprise server at your company, however, and it needs to be on DES3 encryption.

I use the BBC on a 680 on T-Mobile, works just fine.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hi proxidicae,

I am trying to switch from mail2web with microsoft exchange to BBC on T-mobile. Where do you download BBC to an unlocked 680 from? I assume you have a 19.99 add-on plan from t-mobile, correct?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Hi proxidicae,

I am trying to switch from mail2web with microsoft exchange to BBC on T-mobile. Where do you download BBC to an unlocked 680 from? I assume you have a 19.99 add-on plan from t-mobile, correct?

Thanks.
    Well, you pretty much need to sign up for the $29.99 package. It only works with BES, does NOT support BIS. So, if your company doesn't have a Blackberry Server, it's of no use to you. I'll see if I can find where to get it again. It's been a while.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    My company actually does not have anything; I was just trying to set a personal BBC and dump my gmail and work email accounts the t-mobile blackberry service. Is this possible with a 19.99 plan? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    My company actually does not have anything; I was just trying to set a personal BBC and dump my gmail and work email accounts the t-mobile blackberry service. Is this possible with a 19.99 plan? Thanks.
    Then no. PalmOS Treos only supports BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service). You're company needs to have a BB Ent. Server. And it's a $30 service from tmo, Sorry.

Good Luck!