1.    #1  
    I have been eyeing to buy the the virtual laser keyboard for my Treo 650. It's a cool device that pairs with most mobile phones esp the TREO. The virtual laser keyboard is a small carry on device that pairs with the Treo and emits a laser beam that takes the shape of a keyboard on any flat surface, from there on it's simple you can start typing by tapping the virtual keys.

I want to know if anyone has tried using the virtual keyboard and can share their experience. I find it cool but it would be nice to hear from actual users on how they feel about it.

Here's a cool video on the laser keyboard at You Tube

YouTube - Review: The Virtual Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by blueslord View Post
    I want to know if anyone has tried using the virtual keyboard and can share their experience. I find it cool but it would be nice to hear from actual users on how they feel about it.
    My wife bought it for me for Christmas. A week later it was on it's way back for a refund. Here's why:
    1. Bluetooth pairing - couldn't get it to pair with my laptop, only my Treo. And ONLY after removing every other bluetooth device I had set up on the Treo.
    2. Useability - once I finally got it paired, I realized that in order to make it work, I could only type with my index fingers. Anything more, and it got ugly. Not to mention that when I did, it would often type the wrong letters. I found that I could type faster with the Treo Keyboard.

I just couldn't justify keeping it since it was so finicky. The technology definitely has the wow factor, but I think it needs a bit of maturing.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    My wife bought it for me for Christmas. A week later it was on it's way back for a refund. Here's why:
    1. Bluetooth pairing - couldn't get it to pair with my laptop, only my Treo. And ONLY after removing every other bluetooth device I had set up on the Treo.
    2. Useability - once I finally got it paired, I realized that in order to make it work, I could only type with my index fingers. Anything more, and it got ugly. Not to mention that when I did, it would often type the wrong letters. I found that I could type faster with the Treo Keyboard.

I just couldn't justify keeping it since it was so finicky. The technology definitely has the wow factor, but I think it needs a bit of maturing.

Thank you, informative and logical. I think im ust stick to the ordinary keyboard.