1.    #1  
    Sounds like Visual Voicemail is available for Blackberries via SimulSays and is supposedly coming to the Treo:

http://mytreo.net/archives/2007/05/a...plication.html

Has anyone heard of this or know a beta tester? Is the PRC floating around somewhere?
    Sounds nice in theory, but I probably won't get it. I don't need it. I can;t think of a time that I've had more than 2 new voicemails in my inbox, and I just delete them after I listen.
    Well, I for one am really looking forward to this. I have been using the free simulscribe trial for about a month, and love it. I get 10-20 voicemails per day, and being in meetings or class, it makes it much easier to manage the messages. An application dedicated to this would really ice the cake. I can see how it can be construed as unnecessary for casual users, but those of us who get many voicemails, and need to be able to check them in situations where you cant just pick up the phone and check can really benefit from this.

One note on simulscribe, its not perfect. Some of their transcription is off. If the person talks slow it works much better. One interesting note...I just recieved a call from a worker in india, and it transcribed his message perfectly, while it can have a hard time with our "american english".

Everyone should try this out, especially with the free trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrmcc View Post
    Well, I for one am really looking forward to this. I have been using the free simulscribe trial for about a month, and love it. I get 10-20 voicemails per day, and being in meetings or class, it makes it much easier to manage the messages. An application dedicated to this would really ice the cake. I can see how it can be construed as unnecessary for casual users, but those of us who get many voicemails, and need to be able to check them in situations where you cant just pick up the phone and check can really benefit from this.

One note on simulscribe, its not perfect. Some of their transcription is off. If the person talks slow it works much better. One interesting note...I just recieved a call from a worker in india, and it transcribed his message perfectly, while it can have a hard time with our "american english".

Everyone should try this out, especially with the free trial.
    Do you have screenshots of simulscribe?
    <br>