Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I bought a 700P black rubberized case from them a while back. The tabs on that one broke after a week, so after many weeks of ignored emails and unreturned calls, they finally sent me a replacement....which also broke. I declined a third attempt, the money and time spent simply wasn't worth it. I've decided to make my opinions felt the good old fashioned way, with my wallet. I don't buy anything from them anymore. I guess in the time since then they haven't really improved at all, or learned from their past mistakes.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    You’ll find pretty quickly that many more people are willing to post their negative comments than take the time to tell us how much they love our products
    In the real world, this is a true assessment. People are quicker to complain than applaud. But on another note, TC is one of the main forums I frequent in which most of us talk about our experiences regarding a product / company...good or bad.

It is due to TC members that we've spent hundreds of dollars on BT headsets only to find out that no matter how much we spend, BT in the 700p is poor at best.

seidioseidio is wrong if he thinks for one second longer that we are not going to share or express our feelings; especially in the area of crappy products and crappy customer service.

Margaret appears to be no different than Claire!!

How many of us have ever taken the time to call Claire & tell her she was doing an exceptional job?.... I didnt think so.

Also, while I'm thinking of it, in a real world, most companies do exactly what seidioseidio seems to be doing....passing the proverbial buck.

On another note... conekkted, you're good!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    With all the bashing going on here...and even some that might be warranted...I feel a need to at least say that I have proof that Seidio has at least managed to put their money where their mouths are and come up with an improved product.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...26#post1266926

This obviously does nothing to remedy the frustration and resentment that some here have toward this company. But, I have used quite a few of Seidios Treo-specific products recently...with various levels of success and satisfaction...and can say that most have performed as well as I hoped they would.

I hope these individual issues can be resolved. We need more companies that are willing and able to engineer products that are as niche-specific as this one.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Before I reply to some of the posts let me first say that forum@seidio.com is not a correct address and will not be answered. I believe he meant forums@seidio.com. This address will reach Seidio, although whether they respond or not seems to be up to luck and which way the wind is blowing that particular day.
    Actually either one of them will work. And since they come to my personal inbox I do answer them.

That seems to be Seidio's problem. No one is willing to take care of individuals' issues.
    I just posted here telling you that I would be willing to look at your individual issues even though it has nothing to do with my job.

OK, everyone that believes this statement please raise your hands. You said you have thousands of customers who have bought this product and only a few TC members have complained. And you expect us to believe that you spent thousands just to appease a few of us "complainers"? You posted on 2/13 and said "Thank you for all the information...it has not gone unnoticed. We believe that the problem lies in the top clip not coming over enough to hold the case as firmly as we (and obviously you) would like." So you guys acknowledged that there was a design problem several months ago. Which is it? I think we all just want a little honesty and some consistent stories out of you guys.
    Regardless of what you believe, this statement is fact. Treocentral users are some of the most technical and I believe pickiest (I mean this in a good way) people on the planet. I never said that only a few TC members complained. I said that as soon as we received complaints on Treocentral that we went back and retooled the holster. It doesn’t mean that nobody else was unhappy…it means that we value your feedback and will always look for ways to improve our product.

Again the communications coming from your company are confusing at best. A few days ago you opened another "advertising" thread that touted "Rubberized Spring Clip Holster For Un-skinned Treo 755p!!" In this ad you state that it works for the Treo 750 and 755. Then you give a link that goes to the Seidio web site where it says this unskinned Treo holster is in stock and started shipping on 5/18. But above you say they won't start shipping until next week. Again, which is it? Are you pulling another fast one like you did on many of us back in January where the web site says the holster is in stock. But then we order it and you tell us later that it is actually back-ordered. Or is your posting incorrect?
    This was completely my fault. We did receive a small shipment in that I was unaware of. I do not work for the website and didn’t realize the product was in or had even been released. I have posted new threads in various places on Treocentral. If you need a replacement please contact customer service at 832-204-1118.

You guys accomplished the "adding little bulk" part. But these offer no protection for the Treo except for scratch protection…
    No one is trying to mislead anyone here. The website states specifically that it “offers great protection against scratches while adding very little bulk”. If you’re looking for “drop” protection I would recommend some type of metal case.

You guys are way beyond challenges. Again let's be honest. Not answering phones, not calling people back (sometimes ever) and sending people emails telling them they are not entitled to replacements or refunds? This is basic stuff here. I would be glad to spend a day with your folks and show them how to field calls, take messages and call people back. Actually, I have a good idea. Why don't you guys take some people off of the omnipresent sales team and put them in customer service? Then you wouldn't have one wizard behind the curtain (named Margaret) handling what you say are thousands of customers.
    You call them problems…we call them challenges. Semantics. The “omnipresent sales team” and the customer service team are one in the same. Our customer service people handle technical questions, help people place orders, and deal with customer issues. Margaret is not the only person on the team…I was simply giving you access to management to try and help resolve your issues quickly. That is obviously not working for you so I’m also offering myself as an additional resource until we can bring everything to a better level.

I find this statement to be pretty offensive and condescending. Again it sounds like you guys don't want to take full responsibility for what are obviously some defective products and a defective customer service process. Instead you want to attribute it to a few of us who don't really know what we are talking about and can never be pleased anyway. "Won't be happy no matter what you do"...
    I apologize if you were offended, but this statement wasn’t directed to you. It was intended for new viewers that may not know about our company, and may take these negative posts to mean this was all our company was about. While it looks like you may not be purchasing our products again, there are many people who still do and are very satisfied. If we were taking no responsibility for our products then there would be no need to ever re-tool or offer replacements. At no time did I mention anything about you or anyone else here not being knowledgeable, and in every business there will always be people you can’t make happy. I don’t know the specifics of your individual case, but we have people all the time who call us wanting replacements for 3 year old products or refunds for products they ran over with their car. Many of them threaten to post on forums and will leave out relative facts to get their point across. This is all I was talking about. I know that many of you are frustrated with some of the products I listed in the earlier forums which is why I wanted to address them.

Lastly I will relay my final issue which regards your response to me in a different thread. I posted how I had patiently been waiting for 3 months for my skin/holster replacement just as seidioseidio had asked us to do. When he recently posted that it would be several more weeks I finally sent Margaret a request for a refund. Here is the email I received back:
    "Thank you for your RMA request.
    Unfortunately, you are past your warranty period and we can no longer provide you with a free repair or replacement. However, you are eligible to receive a 20% discount on the same product if you return the old one back to us."
    I posted this here and seidioseidio replied,
    Wait a minute. Are you expecting me to believe that I send an email to Seidio and somehow a computer parses out my name and order history and determines I am past my warranty period and sends out an appropriate automated response?...
    Sorry if you misunderstood. No…we don’t have an automated super-computer pulling up orders for every email and sending out a response. But we do have people that checked received emails and pull up the order. If they see that the order is out of warranty they send out the email you received. Obviously the Treo 750 holster is an exception to this rule and we are issuing replacements for those of you who want them.

We apologize again to those of you who’ve had problems with our products. We understand that our customers are very passionate about their Treos and accessories and can take issues with them very personally. For those of you who continue to patron us we thank you. For those of you who aren’t currently, we’ll do our best to one day win you back.

Thanks
    Well you have to hand it to seidioseidio. At least he gets in here and replies. Pretty diplomatically, too.

Regarding forum@seidio.com
    Actually either one of them will work. And since they come to my personal inbox I do answer them.
    My emails to this address kept getting returned to me. Either it does not work or you have refused to return several emails that I have sent. I will let you decide the best answer here.

I just posted here telling you that I would be willing to look at your individual issues even though it has nothing to do with my job.
    This is the one thing that absolutely baffles me. It is obvious that Seidio gets a lot of exposure on TC and also a lot of customers. Seidio proves this by their ever-present posts on new products. It is also fairly apparent that Seidio has really fallen on bad times with some of their product quality and their inability to subsequently contact customers and help them. So why in the wild world does Seidio not put someone on the forums whose job IS customer service and can directly answer our issues? I have much love for you seidioseidio, but you can't keep playing the "it's not my job" card. You guys and Goodlink drive me crazy with this incessant motto. Get someone on here that can say "It is my job and I will take care of it"! It is simply ridiculous to have widespread problems and have us call you guys one by one. Get someone on here that knows the facts and have them give out the dates, phone numbers, email addresses and such. This isn't brain surgery. Seidio seems fine spending their time advertising their new products on TC. Don't disrespect us by not putting that same effort into the proactive resolution of issues here. You are pretty much telling us that you are not the right guy to be handling these issues but that your company doesn't think enough of the TC members to put someone out here that will. Anyone can talk the talk, but you guys need to start walking the walk.

...so I’m also offering myself as an additional resource until we can bring everything to a better level.
    Excellent. I will take you up on your offer. Please process my refund immediately. My order # is 80364, purchased 1/25/07. You and Margaret should be able to pull up my info from that and proactively get in touch with me at the email address attached to that order. Hopefully this will not take another 3 months. Thanks.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Excellent. I will take you up on your offer. Please process my refund immediately. My order # is 80364, purchased 1/25/07. You and Margaret should be able to pull up my info from that and proactively get in touch with me at the email address attached to that order. Hopefully this will not take another 3 months. Thanks.
    I will see what I can do and get back to you ASAP.
    I have TWO G4850 GPS cradles for the 700P. BOTH of them failed in fairly short order.

Both of them started losing the power connection. A call to Seidio yielded an absolutly absurd answer. I was told to "shave" the plastic tip on the plug. It didn't work. I had to take apart the first one and swap the power connector with the aux out power connector that I don't use. That worked, but shortly afterward, the audio output connector failed. Also, the GPS only works on rare ocassion. Now, the only thing I can do with the stupid thing is charge the battery. Great. I have a 200 dollar battery charger.

I haven't worked on the other one yet, but the power connector is very intermittent on it, too and I will likely have to fix it in the same manner. I think the audio connector was farily intermittent on it, too. Before Seidio says anything, I am using THEIR power cord and THEIR audio adapter. In fact, I've tried TWO of their audio adapters with the same results.

I've owned many Sedio products and while I haven't had this degree of trouble with all of them, many of them seem to have very poor build quality and don't last anywhere nearly as long as they should.

When I receive my 755p, I will be looking elsewhere for my accessories.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am in no way affiliated with seidio aside from being a satisfied customer. Please consider all opinions before nuking a vendor. I have several products from them and have been very satisfied. Not saying they are perfect...just that they have worked well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I have TWO G4850 GPS cradles for the 700P. BOTH of them failed in fairly short order.

Both of them started losing the power connection. A call to Seidio yielded an absolutly absurd answer. I was told to "shave" the plastic tip on the plug. It didn't work. I had to take apart the first one and swap the power connector with the aux out power connector that I don't use. That worked, but shortly afterward, the audio output connector failed. Also, the GPS only works on rare ocassion. Now, the only thing I can do with the stupid thing is charge the battery. Great. I have a 200 dollar battery charger.

I haven't worked on the other one yet, but the power connector is very intermittent on it, too and I will likely have to fix it in the same manner. I think the audio connector was farily intermittent on it, too. Before Seidio says anything, I am using THEIR power cord and THEIR audio adapter. In fact, I've tried TWO of their audio adapters with the same results.

I've owned many Sedio products and while I haven't had this degree of trouble with all of them, many of them seem to have very poor build quality and don't last anywhere nearly as long as they should.

When I receive my 755p, I will be looking elsewhere for my accessories.
    PLease contact our customer service 832-204-1118, I am sure we can make them right

Please look for us for your Treo 755 accessories, as we are coming up quite a few innovative products for Treo 755, like OEM sized extended battery and more

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Please look for us for your Treo 755 accessories, as we are coming up quite a few innovative products for Treo 755, like OEM sized extended battery and more

Seidio
    Speaking of OEM sized extended battery... Where are you now on the battery for the 680? It has been over a month since you replied to that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy1 View Post
    Speaking of OEM sized extended battery... Where are you now on the battery for the 680? It has been over a month since you replied to that post.
    Unfortunately the 680 has turned out to be much harder than we originally expected. We thought we had it done but it was just too tight. We're continuing to work on it and will try and keep you posted.

Thanks
  12.    #52  
    I'm not sure what you want us to say. I posted here months ago and explained that I was here to help people with questions about our products, but not to take care of individual issues. We gave you Margaret's name because she is our Customer Service manager and we were trying to give you direct contact to her if your problem wasn't being taken care of.

We’ve had some issues with a few new products and I'd like to talk about them.

1) Skinned and non-skinned holster for 680 and 750.

We have thousands of customers who’ve had no problems with these holsters, but because of some Treocentral complaints we went back and spent thousands to completely re-tool these products. We've improved the design to make it harder to remove and also improved our swivel clip to make it last longer. I understand that it's frustrating to wait, but we've worked as fast as we can. We're hoping to have the unskinned holsters available next week and the skinned version shortly thereafter. We will post here on the forums and get you replacements.

2) Crystal and Rubberized Cases

Because this product is so specific they've been a challenge for us. Our ultimate goal was to create something that would protect your device while adding very little bulk. We've made silicon skins for years, but many people don't like them. We had some problems with broken clips at the beginning, mostly due to a fit problem from the 700w to the 700wx, but we've made major improvements since. That doesn't mean that they'll never break...they're plastic. But I've personally used my rubberized case on my Treo 700wx for months without any problems. If you’re pretty rough on your Treo this may not be the case for you.

3) INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 750

We tested our INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 700 with a 750 and it initially seemed to work fine. We obviously should've tested it longer. We found that it didn't work with the 750 even though our cable did. We redesigned it as quickly as possible and released the INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 750. This product does work.
    We understand that this can be frustrating and that we don't get everything perfect. We try our best to bring innovative products to market as quickly as possible.

We do understand that we have some challenges in our customer service department and are continually working to improve this area of our business. This is why I gave this forum Margaret's name so you could have direct access to management to try and hasten the progress of your RMA. If you feel that she is not taken care of you, please let me know. Email me at forum@seidio.com with either your order number or a copy of your order if it was purchased somewhere else. I will do my best to see if we can make you happy.

For those of you that are new to forums please understand that there are many opinions posted here, but they don’t reflect accurately everything about our company. The truth is we are one of the few companies that post on forums and it has made us a prime target. We have hundreds of thousands of customers you’ll never hear from, but there will always be a small percentage that won’t be happy no matter what you do. You’ll find pretty quickly that many more people are willing to post their negative comments than take the time to tell us how much they love our products. They do that every time they place another order.

Thanks
    Seidioseidio,

I am the one who started this post and I have been quiet recently and tried to forget my bad experience with you guys regarding a refund. Accidently, I entered this forum again and noticed my post was moved and finally you replied after being commented "not touching this post but on the others"..

Anyway, after I saw your reply, let me say I am furious and let start off by saying your company have the worst CS I have ever deal with and when talking about refund especially, comparing to your pre-sale service I realised a noticable difference. After reading your reply, I have some comments:

1. Seems Margaret is out of office all the time. Was she the only one who handle CS? of she is only doing part time

2. I have written twice about my refund and all I get is a canned message saying that my refund period is over but let me tell you that, you have never admitted that there is a problem in the first place and at the time there are still hope that I could get the thing working and we waited. More and more people start complaining and your company realised there is a problem and by the time the refund period is over...so!!!!! I think I have a valid case for refund!!!

3. I have also written to forum@seidio.com but did I get a respond ? Nop !

4. We might not reflect accurately everything about your company BUT the fact is your product is not working AND there is a design problem AND your company is refusing a refund because of the reason mentioned ??? How rediculous it is ?

I tell you what seidioseidio you better don't lose your temper here as we are the one who sufferred and PAID.

If you are really trying to help, please ask Margaret to ring me or email me at raymond.cm.tam@gmail.com as I am not going to pay for overseas call. I will then see what excuse she will give me for NOT refunding. Again, it is your product design problem and that 1 moths refund period SHOULD NOT be impose in this case. My RMA ref. is 79661

Thank you

Raymond +(852) 91737930

PS. I have just wasted another 15 minutes because of what you written. Why don't you just spent some time and talk to your boss that the company has an major CS issue that need sorted out right away before your hundreds and thousands of customer start complaining.
    Last edited by raymondcmtam; 06/05/2007 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondcmtam View Post
    Seidioseidio,

I am the one who started this post and I have been quiet recently and tried to forget my bad experience with you guys regarding a refund. Accidently, I entered this forum again and noticed my post was moved and finally you replied after being commented "not touching this post but on the others"..

Anyway, after I saw your reply, let me say I am furious and let start off by saying your company have the worst CS I have ever deal with and when talking about refund especially, comparing to your pre-sale service I realised a noticable difference. After reading your reply, I have some comments:

1. Seems Margaret is out of office all the time. Was she the only one who handle CS? of she is only doing part time

2. I have written twice about my refund and all I get is a canned message saying that my refund period is over but let me tell you that, you have never admitted that there is a problem in the first place and at the time there are still hope that I could get the thing working and we waited. More and more people start complaining and your company realised there is a problem and by the time the refund period is over...so!!!!! I think I have a valid case for refund!!!

3. I have also written to forum@seidio.com but did I get a respond ? Nop !

4. We might not reflect accurately everything about your company BUT the fact is your product is not working AND there is a design problem AND your company is refusing a refund because of the reason mentioned ??? How rediculous it is ?

I tell you what seidioseidio you better don't lose your temper here as we are the one who sufferred and PAID.

If you are really trying to help, please ask Margaret to ring me or email me at raymond.cm.tam@gmail.com as I am not going to pay for overseas call. I will then see what excuse she will give me for NOT refunding. Again, it is your product design problem and that 1 moths refund period SHOULD NOT be impose in this case. My RMA ref. is 79661

Thank you

Raymond +(852) 91737930

PS. I have just wasted another 15 minutes because of what you written. Why don't you just spent some time and talk to your boss that the company has an major CS issue that need sorted out right away before your hundreds and thousands of customer start complaining.
    I will look into your issue and get back to you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondcmtam View Post
    Seidioseidio,

I am the one who started this post...
    Email Sent.
  15.    #55  
    Email Sent.
    Email Received. I will come back and let everyone know once this is settle.
  16.    #56  
    Email Sent.
    REFUND RECEIVED !
    I have some issues with Seidio also! Most recently, I have a friend with their 3200mah extended battery that he got for his 700p but the battery door that comes with it broke. I have a 650 and he is willing to sell me the battery but I need the door. I called Seidio and spoke to sales, tech support and cust service and none could help me. Sales said they'd call back but I never heard back. Cust service told me to email their order department because only that department could figure out if they could do a replacement of a 650 door for a 700 door or could sell it to me separately since they don't sell it separate on their site (since you wouldn't need this door unless you got the bigger battery). In the meantime, my friend is going to sell it to someone else today if I don't decide to get it but I can't get it unless I know I can get the replacement door since it won't obviously work otherwise. I emailed the order department and got a form email in response saying my request was forwarded to their RMA returns department now. SEIDIO..what is your problem????
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    I have some issues with Seidio also! Most recently, I have a friend with their 3200mah extended battery that he got for his 700p but the battery door that comes with it broke. I have a 650 and he is willing to sell me the battery but I need the door. I called Seidio and spoke to sales, tech support and cust service and none could help me. Sales said they'd call back but I never heard back. Cust service told me to email their order department because only that department could figure out if they could do a replacement of a 650 door for a 700 door or could sell it to me separately since they don't sell it separate on their site (since you wouldn't need this door unless you got the bigger battery). In the meantime, my friend is going to sell it to someone else today if I don't decide to get it but I can't get it unless I know I can get the replacement door since it won't obviously work otherwise. I emailed the order department and got a form email in response saying my request was forwarded to their RMA returns department now. SEIDIO..what is your problem????
    TreoGuy,

I apologize if customer service didn't get you the answer you wanted, but they truly have no way of selling you that part directly. It's not their fault...they can't control that part of the system. Go buy your friends battery and email me at forum@seidio.com. I will figure out a way to sell you a battery door.

Thanks,

Seidio
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I recently got a rubberized case and so far so good. My artic is getting a bit beat up at this point. Also the screen protector is real solid. I got it in a timely matter and have had them about a week. No issues here. But I will update if something goes wrong. I just thought a positive story was needed.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    So this is the official "slam Seidio" thread, huh? Funny how creating an attractive and popular bandwagon makes everybody eager to jump on...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast