Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Seido's 750 extended battery is awful... dead in 5 weeks, and they declined to issue a refund!
    I only purchased from them once. I purchased a 2400 battery and it came right away and works great. It hasn't been 5 weeks though.

Credit card company is your best friend if you can't get the problem resolved. Just have to give them a fair chance to correct prior to refusing the charge. The worst service I ever got was from HomeDepot.com. I ended up with a "free" defective product though.
    I bought the extended battery for my 750 that Seidio manufactures through the Treocentral store. I must say that Treocentral has the best customer service though. The battery, on the other hand, is an on again off again affair as it sometimes registers charge and others fail to register.
    With all of the threads popping up about their product quality and customer service this should be set as sticky or have it's own forum. I wish there were another company that made the products that they do but with a life expectancy a little longer than just the emergence from the packaging.
    with only 4 posts, and the other one being here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=137048&page=4
    , and two being critical of Seidio, I don't think your request has much weight.

Me on the other hand are satisifed with SEIDIO products (battery extended) and would order from them based on their responsivity to my emails.

I think that if anything should be sticked, it should be an equal share of postive and negative feedbacks.

I'm sorry you experienced something negative with them, but take it easy- your guns might need to cool down.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    with only 4 posts... and two being critical of Seidio, I don't think your request has much weight."
    No offense aslmentor, but are you serious? Please read all the examples I have noted in my post here . Dozens of oft-posted members here at TC have been riding Seidio for months trying to get an ounce of satisfaction from various product purchases. Just because the guy only has 4 posts doesn't mean he has no right to complain when treated poorly by a company.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    I have a SD ext. battery, headset, sync and charge cable and a few cases and have experienced no issues to date. No one else is going to release the extended battery for the 755, BTW.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    No one else is going to release the extended battery for the 755, BTW.
    Not Lion? Usually they have the most extensive selection of batteries.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    No offense aslmentor, but are you serious? Please read all the examples I have noted in my post here . Dozens of oft-posted members here at TC have been riding Seidio for months trying to get an ounce of satisfaction from various product purchases. Just because the guy only has 4 posts doesn't mean he has no right to complain when treated poorly by a company.
    I was simply pointing out that a newbie post complaining to ban had little weight compared to others such as your well thought out post.
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Understood. Sorry. The whole Seidio thing has me hot under the collar.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Don't worry, English isn't my strong suit.

what I MEANT to say was that I think we need more posts than 4 to request a moderator makes this a sticky- lol.
    Lance
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Don't worry, English isn't my strong suit.

what I MEANT to say was that I think we need more posts than 4 to request a moderator makes this a sticky- lol.
    Well I would think it shouldn't matter how many posts a person has, if the request makes sense, that's all that should matter.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    seidioseidio continues to tout Seidio's products daily in other device forums, including today. But he has yet to come back and answer the promises he made in the 750 forum.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Well I would think it shouldn't matter how many posts a person has, if the request makes sense, that's all that should matter.
    Completely agree with JGold here. Let's not try and establlish a hierarchy in here based on who posts the most. If someone's first and only post is logical then I want to hear about it.

I too have ordered from Seidio (battery and external charger) and everything went fine but I can tell you I am not going to be ordering a case or dock from them based on what I have read. Candidly, I would not be surprised if my 1300 mah batter was not performing as well as my OEM batter which is rated lower.

Also agree with Conekkted that it is exremely peculiar that Seidoseido has not touched this thread and continues to post in others. A company who directs everybody to "Margaret" and not a department personally scares me. But hey, those who have had good experiences can continue to patronize them.

This discussion board is the best place for me to find answer that don't exist elsewhere and I think all the opinions are relevant--even when I don't agree with them. Lot's of bright people that know quite a bit about the device and help me out tremendously.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    An update on my status - Margaret has not returned my calls, despite several messages left both on voicemail and with another staffer. She was very helpful to me in the past, so I don't know to what to attribute this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    An update on my status - Margaret has not returned my calls, despite several messages left both on voicemail and with another staffer. She was very helpful to me in the past, so I don't know to what to attribute this change.
    Holmes,

I apologize, but Margaret has been out of the office. Can you please send me your info (forum@seidio.com)? We're trying to expand our customer service team but until we can get everyone up to speed I'm going to try and help people here on the forum. I understand you've been through this but please send me your order number and I'll see what I can do to get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Seidio Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Also agree with Conekkted that it is exremely peculiar that Seidoseido has not touched this thread and continues to post in others. A company who directs everybody to "Margaret" and not a department personally scares me. But hey, those who have had good experiences can continue to patronize them.
    I'm not sure what you want us to say. I posted here months ago and explained that I was here to help people with questions about our products, but not to take care of individual issues. We gave you Margaret's name because she is our Customer Service manager and we were trying to give you direct contact to her if your problem wasn't being taken care of.

We’ve had some issues with a few new products and I'd like to talk about them.

1) Skinned and non-skinned holster for 680 and 750.

We have thousands of customers who’ve had no problems with these holsters, but because of some Treocentral complaints we went back and spent thousands to completely re-tool these products. We've improved the design to make it harder to remove and also improved our swivel clip to make it last longer. I understand that it's frustrating to wait, but we've worked as fast as we can. We're hoping to have the unskinned holsters available next week and the skinned version shortly thereafter. We will post here on the forums and get you replacements.

2) Crystal and Rubberized Cases

Because this product is so specific they've been a challenge for us. Our ultimate goal was to create something that would protect your device while adding very little bulk. We've made silicon skins for years, but many people don't like them. We had some problems with broken clips at the beginning, mostly due to a fit problem from the 700w to the 700wx, but we've made major improvements since. That doesn't mean that they'll never break...they're plastic. But I've personally used my rubberized case on my Treo 700wx for months without any problems. If you’re pretty rough on your Treo this may not be the case for you.

3) INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 750

We tested our INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 700 with a 750 and it initially seemed to work fine. We obviously should've tested it longer. We found that it didn't work with the 750 even though our cable did. We redesigned it as quickly as possible and released the INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 750. This product does work.
    We understand that this can be frustrating and that we don't get everything perfect. We try our best to bring innovative products to market as quickly as possible.

We do understand that we have some challenges in our customer service department and are continually working to improve this area of our business. This is why I gave this forum Margaret's name so you could have direct access to management to try and hasten the progress of your RMA. If you feel that she is not taken care of you, please let me know. Email me at forum@seidio.com with either your order number or a copy of your order if it was purchased somewhere else. I will do my best to see if we can make you happy.

For those of you that are new to forums please understand that there are many opinions posted here, but they don’t reflect accurately everything about our company. The truth is we are one of the few companies that post on forums and it has made us a prime target. We have hundreds of thousands of customers you’ll never hear from, but there will always be a small percentage that won’t be happy no matter what you do. You’ll find pretty quickly that many more people are willing to post their negative comments than take the time to tell us how much they love our products. They do that every time they place another order.

Thanks
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 05/29/2007 at 10:15 AM.
    First I have to say thanks for seidioseidio responding. Regardless of our obvious different opinions on what customer service should be, at least he gets on here and replies.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Email me at forum@seidio.com with either your order number or a copy of your order if it was purchased somewhere else. I will do my best to see if we can make you happy.
    Before I reply to some of the posts let me first say that forum@seidio.com is not a correct address and will not be answered. I believe he meant forums@seidio.com. This address will reach Seidio, although whether they respond or not seems to be up to luck and which way the wind is blowing that particular day.

I posted here months ago and explained that I was here to help people with questions about our products, but not to take care of individual issues.
    That seems to be Seidio's problem. No one is willing to take care of individuals' issues. We are tired of getting the run-around. I can understand and appreciate that you aren't the guy to take care of us. But for goodness sake don't pass us off to another Seidio person who also seems incapable of taking care of us.

...but because of some Treocentral complaints we went back and spent thousands to completely re-tool these products.
    OK, everyone that believes this statement please raise your hands. You said you have thousands of customers who have bought this product and only a few TC members have complained. And you expect us to believe that you spent thousands just to appease a few of us "complainers"? You posted on 2/13 and said "Thank you for all the information...it has not gone unnoticed. We believe that the problem lies in the top clip not coming over enough to hold the case as firmly as we (and obviously you) would like." So you guys acknowledged that there was a design problem several months ago. Which is it? I think we all just want a little honesty and some consistent stories out of you guys.

We're hoping to have the unskinned holsters available next week and the skinned version shortly thereafter.
    Again the communications coming from your company are confusing at best. A few days ago you opened another "advertising" thread that touted "Rubberized Spring Clip Holster For Un-skinned Treo 755p!!" In this ad you state that it works for the Treo 750 and 755. Then you give a link that goes to the Seidio web site where it says this unskinned Treo holster is in stock and started shipping on 5/18. But above you say they won't start shipping until next week. Again, which is it? Are you pulling another fast one like you did on many of us back in January where the web site says the holster is in stock. But then we order it and you tell us later that it is actually back-ordered. Or is your posting incorrect?

Regarding crystal and "rubberized" cases...
    Our ultimate goal was to create something that would protect your device while adding very little bulk.
    You guys accomplished the "adding little bulk" part. But these offer no protection for the Treo except for scratch protection. In fact, the very first time mine suffered a drop onto a carpeted floor (because of the faulty holster) the case cracked open and spilled my Treo naked on the floor. The case was broken and would no longer close. The case does have a "rubber" feel but is actually made of a composite plastic that cracks and breaks. I think this should be made clear to potential buyers. The "rubberized" product name is deceptive advertising in my opinion.

We tested our INNO.Dock Jr. for Treo 700 with a 750 and it initially seemed to work fine. We obviously should've tested it longer.
    Look, either you guys are not being very honest again or else Seidio QA is just not very bright. It took all of us 750 owners approximately 10 minutes to realize the dock didn't work with our devices. Please tell us exactly how long you tested the dock with the 750 before deciding it was OK to go to market.

We do understand that we have some challenges in our customer service department and are continually working to improve this area of our business.
    You guys are way beyond challenges. Again let's be honest. Not answering phones, not calling people back (sometimes ever) and sending people emails telling them they are not entitled to replacements or refunds? This is basic stuff here. I would be glad to spend a day with your folks and show them how to field calls, take messages and call people back. Actually, I have a good idea. Why don't you guys take some people off of the omnipresent sales team and put them in customer service? Then you wouldn't have one wizard behind the curtain (named Margaret) handling what you say are thousands of customers.

If you feel that she is not taken care of you, please let me know.
    So let me see if I have this right. We the customer have issues with defective products. We call and email Seidio and either get no response or no satisfactory response. We complain on TreoCentral. Seidioseidio posts and says to call Margaret at Seidio. We call Margaret and she either gives no satisfaction or does not get back to us at all. Then seidioseidio says to let him know if the person he sent us to is not helping us. Are you seeing the irony here? In the programming world we call this a "loop statement". You guys obviously know there is an issue with Margaret and customer service. So handle your business and don't forward us to someone who is going to frustrate us more.

The truth is we are one of the few companies that post on forums and it has made us a prime target.
    Please excuse me if I don't shed a tear here. You guys know exactly what you are doing. You are getting absolutely free advertising by posting your products on a site that is full of your target demographic. But the other side of that coin is that most of us are very technically capable. And if something does not work well or at all, we will easily recognize it for what it is and call you on it. You guys have to take the good with the bad. To use your phrase, "the truth is" that you guys have screwed up lately. And you need to take your lumps and stop glossing over the issue. Get the problems fixed, get in touch with us and put it behind you.

We have hundreds of thousands of customers you’ll never hear from, but there will always be a small percentage that won’t be happy no matter what you do.
    I find this statement to be pretty offensive and condescending. Again it sounds like you guys don't want to take full responsibility for what are obviously some defective products and a defective customer service process. Instead you want to attribute it to a few of us who don't really know what we are talking about and can never be pleased anyway. "Won't be happy no matter what you do"...the problem is that you guys haven't done anything for a lot of us. Are you saying that what your customer service has done to date is Seidio's best foot forward? Is this the type of service people should expect from you in the future? If so you won't have to worry about the thousands of customers you have. That problem will soon take care of itself.

You’ll find pretty quickly that many more people are willing to post their negative comments than take the time to tell us how much they love our products
    Try this folks. Do a search for my user name and the key word Seidio. Then look at my first several posts about my Seidio products and how much I liked them. Seidio had me on their side before they started plumetting downhill for whatever reason. So please do not talk about people not willing to post positive comments. Along with my positive comments in the past, you still have several people going to bat for you guys with their positive experiences.

Lastly I will relay my final issue which regards your response to me in a different thread. I posted how I had patiently been waiting for 3 months for my skin/holster replacement just as seidioseidio had asked us to do. When he recently posted that it would be several more weeks I finally sent Margaret a request for a refund. Here is the email I received back:
    "Thank you for your RMA request.
    Unfortunately, you are past your warranty period and we can no longer provide you with a free repair or replacement. However, you are eligible to receive a 20% discount on the same product if you return the old one back to us."

I posted this here and seidioseidio replied,
    The email you received is automated. Believe it or not, we haven't forgotten about you. We are expecting to have the new replacement holsters in next week, but I can't guarantee that.
    Wait a minute. Are you expecting me to believe that I send an email to Seidio and somehow a computer parses out my name and order history and determines I am past my warranty period and sends out an appropriate automated response? I can't even get you guys to answer your phone and you want me to believe that your email inbox is that sophisticated? Sorry, but I have to call BS here. The fact is that the left hand over there has no idea what the right hand is doing. It is beyond belief that I have left my name all over your inbox, voicemail and the TC forums and that customer service does not know who I am when I finally request a refund. What a kick in the gut to get that email back saying I could not even get a replacement, much less a refund. Actually seidioseidio, it would be worse if your "automated email" story were true. If that is how you handle customer service by sending out a first-defense automated letter saying "no replacement, no refund" without even taking the circumstances into consideration, then you guys are more unethical than I first thought.

The botom line is that this is not rocket science. All of this could have been avoided with a few up front and honest posts on the various forums followed up by the customer service people having a consistent story and answering our darn requests. Obviously the "ignore them and they will go away" strategy isn't working out for you guys.
    Last edited by conekkted; 05/26/2007 at 01:10 AM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Holmes,

I apologize, but Margaret has been out of the office.
    Well, that's odd, as another of your staffers told me that she was "out to lunch" on Wednesday and would return my call when she returned (but did not). I'll send you email.
    I wouldn't have questioned the validity of this thread being moved it it wasn't for the fact that it has been active in the 750 forum for almost 2 weeks now. I really have to question the consistency in which the 750 threads are being moderated. It seems that if you publicly discuss your experiences with Seidio your thread gets banished to another forum. And it would be nice if the moderator that moved it would reveal who he/she is and a one-liner on why it was moved. There are dozens of other threads in the 750 forum (and all other device foryms for that matter) that are better suited for the Accessories, Software, OS and Other forums. But I don't see any of them moving. You know what they say about absolute power?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast