Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I'm on the road right now without my PC. What would be the difference of downloading from my PC or Treo? I would think that a zip is a zip
    Just sent you a PM.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ink883, nice find. Thanks so much!!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the zip works fine on my pc. No idea why it wouldn't unzip on the device itself.
    I tried downloading it again and found that it must've been that I was picking whatever default server it gave me. I tried Cogent and it downloaded fine. Must've been a bad Apple.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am unable to sync *.prc files onto my 700p I am using PalmVistaSimpleInstaller , could this be the reason why any ideas?
    A.S.d.l.C
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    so exactly what does the new Contacts do that the old one doesn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwheeler View Post
    I am unable to sync *.prc files onto my 700p I am using PalmVistaSimpleInstaller , could this be the reason why any ideas?
    For whatever reason, some of the system databases can't be hotsync'd.

First copy them (extracted from the zip archive, if zipped) to an SD card, and then use Filez or Resco Explorer to copy them to internal memory. A soft reset is also then a good idea.

Alternatively, you may be able to email them to your treo (unzipped) as attachments, and copy the attachments to internal memory, or load them to a website and access them with Blazer.

As my zoology professor used to say, "Don't ask me 'why?'; ask me 'how?'"

Disclaimer: I'm jumping into the middle of this thread, so if this information is useless, pretend like you're my wife and ignore me.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emtkopan View Post
    so exactly what does the new Contacts do that the old one doesn't?
    Allows you to pull up the contacts address on google maps. The search is initiated from the contacts app (not the google maps app).
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    OK got the new contacts and google to function. I made a folder on my SD card and put the following files from the posted rom into it.
    Googlemaps.prc
    Contactslib-p1ct.prc
    contactslib-p1ct_enus.prc
    contacts-Padd.prc
    contacts-padd_enus.prc

Then moved all 5 files over to the internal memory with Filez
    I'm sorry, but where do we get these files? or will someone email them to me:
    rcowper@bellsouth.net

Thanks
    Bob
    Is the ROM still available? I keep getting Invalid Download errors from the link in Post #1.
    After adding in the new Contacts and Google Maps, has anyone experienced problems Hotsycing? I've reset my Treo and turned off and on Hotsync, but no go.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456