Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Jimmie, you have to also install "MultiMail" and the "MM" files to see version 3.5.4. Besides integrated push, I didn't see any differences from 3.5.1
    So....for sure VM on the 755 has integrated push, and I would suspect the update will also have integrated push. That sucks for me....when I installed the push upgrade I had to enter a password every time I checked my work email....so I removed it and went back to the old autosync version. This could keep me from using the upgrade, since the only problem I have is skipping ptunes....
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    So....for sure VM on the 755 has integrated push, and I would suspect the update will also have integrated push. That sucks for me....when I installed the push upgrade I had to enter a password every time I checked my work email....so I removed it and went back to the old autosync version. This could keep me from using the upgrade, since the only problem I have is skipping ptunes....
    Just make sure you save a copy of your old rom so you can replace the new versamail with the old if you feel the need.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    OK got the new contacts and google to function. I made a folder on my SD card and put the following files from the posted rom into it.
    Googlemaps.prc
    Contactslib-p1ct.prc
    contactslib-p1ct_enus.prc
    contacts-Padd.prc
    contacts-padd_enus.prc

Then moved all 5 files over to the internal memory with Filez
    I transfered those EXACT 4 files to a folder on my SD card and my treo(700p) will not recognize any of the folders. Any Ideas?

THANKS
    A.S.d.l.C
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwheeler View Post
    I transfered those EXACT 4 files to a folder on my SD card and my treo(700p) will not recognize any of the folders. Any Ideas?
    Are you using something like Filez to transfer the files (and the files only, not folders) to the Treo's internal memory?
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Just make sure you save a copy of your old rom so you can replace the new versamail with the old if you feel the need.
    Sounds like a great idea...but I have no idea how to do that.....can you point me somewhere to learn?
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Sounds like a great idea...but I have no idea how to do that.....can you point me somewhere to learn?
    you should be able to copy the internal files from rom to a special folder on the sd card using Filez.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Okey dokey...I guess that would be all the Multimail files. How do I get them back in, with another "new" VM in the new ROM?
    'RAM' files take precedence over 'ROM' files.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Interesting....but there would still be two versions of VM on the device, on in ROM and one in RAM....would there be any way of telling them apart? Also, a bit OT, but I would hate to miss one of the needed files. How can I find out which files I need to copy to the card to make sure I can run the "old" version? There are a bunch of MMIDCache files, MMNotify, MultiMail Attachements, etc....is there a complete list somewhere?
    The Ram version will overlap the Rom (effectively making them one) and the Treo will always use the Ram version
    Interesting....but there would still be two versions of VM on the device, on in ROM and one in RAM....would there be any way of telling them apart? Also, a bit OT, but I would hate to miss one of the needed files. How can I find out which files I need to copy to the card to make sure I can run the "old" version? There are a bunch of MMIDCache files, MMNotify, MultiMail Attachements, etc....is there a complete list somewhere?
    In FileZ the files that are in ROM have a little microchip icon next to them. The files in RAM have nothing next to them.
    Note that if all you're doing is copying files from an SD card to RAM, or transferring them via bluetooth or email, there's no need to back up your ROM files. You're NOT doing a ROM update, and you can never update or over-write your ROM this way.

When you install files this way, all you're doing is putting the new file in RAM (not ROM). Under the Palm OS, when a program is requested to execute, the OS always looks in RAM first, and only if the program isn't found there does it look in ROM.

So, if you have a file of the same name in both ROM and RAM, only the one in RAM will get executed. If you want to go back to the version in ROM, simply delete the copy in RAM. And you can't readily delete the version in ROM, either, so you never have to worry about deleting the wrong one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Correct, but people should backup all their RAM first before they play around with these files. Very Very Easy to cause your 700p to go into a reset loop where one has to hard reset it to clear the RAM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    What is the best tool to make an image of whole original rom?
    ^yes the link still works.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Does the original link in the first post lead to the files anymore? Where do I get them?
    THe link will take you rapidshare. Download the Rom from the file, then follow the other instructions from the above posts.

You should be able to add the google maps with contacts intigration and the recent apps application from the other thread called my 700p learned a new trick.

You can also add the IM app from the thread in the 755 forum called something like post the new IM app here.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the rapidshare site will either ask you to pay or make you wait a while to DL. Sometimes it's wait a couple minutes- this morning it was up to like 58 minutes.
    Does push email work for the 700p if you upgrade all the mail files? I've tried & don't see a difference (although the version number changed).
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    What is the best tool to make an image of whole original rom?
    I don't believe there is any way to back up the ROM on the 700p. There are tools that will let you do so for the 650. but they don't work on the 700.

However, there's really no reason to back up the ROM. You can't delete or overwrite it with any normal activities, including copying files and installing programs. The only way to overwrite the ROM is with the ROM update utility that will be part of the MR when (IF) it's finally released.

None of the actions people are talking about in this thread can affect your ROM at all.
    Bob Meyer
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
    Correct, but people should backup all their RAM first before they play around with these files. Very Very Easy to cause your 700p to go into a reset loop where one has to hard reset it to clear the RAM.
    Yes, that's a good idea. But I was responding to ink833's comment:

There's no need to worry about backing up the ROM before doing any of these file copies.
    Bob Meyer
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast