Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Well, one obvious reason we wouldn't replace the 700p ROM with the 755p ROM is that they use different memory card standards.
    Actually, mini sd and sd are the exact same thing, just different form factor (and same with micro).

i.e. all a an mini-sd to sd adapter does is connect small pin 'a' of mini->sd to big pin 'a' of regular sd.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Yes I haven't bothered with alternate mail options. I had the 700p for about a yr and versamail is definately better on the 755p. Its also WAY faster downlaoding your mail. On the 700 if the count was over 60 or so I would just cancel it. (I don't have EVDO) but I downloaded 150 yesterday very quickly.

Edit: just read what you're asking. I don't have the 755 app on the 700. But I believe that the MR will include it, and it is a better "version"
    1) What does "I don't have EVDO" mean? I just did an ESN swap from a 650 toa 700p, no plan changes (i.e. still have regular vision) and i am sure the speeds are EVDO. Chatter is so much faste w/ evdo (albiet it was very usable on the 650, though sending messages was much slower than I'd have liked)

2) If there was core OS functionality that was broken, one can improve versa mail without changing it, byt simply improving the core os functionality.
    It means there is no EVDO in my area.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    OK got the new contacts and google to function. I made a folder on my SD card and put the following files from the posted rom into it.
    Googlemaps.prc
    Contactslib-p1ct.prc
    contactslib-p1ct_enus.prc
    contacts-Padd.prc
    contacts-padd_enus.prc

Then moved all 5 files over to the internal memory with Filez
    I did this too. Now contact is 1.3.3.(Is it an upgrade from original 700p ROM version?) and Googlemap is 1.1.2. There is a map button on the contact who has an address. Pretty cool.

Wondering whether anyone has try to get Bejeweled on 700p or not.

Update: I got Bejeweled on my 700p but you have to register it after using it ten times. Oh well!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Would anyone mind posting these files?
    Is the Calendar app updated?
    Calendar is updated from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. I haven't heard any advantage of it though.

You can try with the same method and see if there are any visible change.
    Quote Originally Posted by autumninchicago View Post
    Calendar is updated from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. I haven't heard any advantage of it though.

You can try with the same method and see if there are any visible change.
    I just upgraded, and am trying to find difference, if any.
    When in the daily view, under menu, and options, what do you have listed?

I have
    Font, Preferences, Sound Preferences, Display options, Phone Lookup, Security, Year View and about Calendar
    Hey Albertb:

Whenever you post your "posts:" number is supposed to go up.

Yours has been 847 for at least 3 posts!

Check it out w/ mods and let us know what happens.

Be well,

David
    Just one more to see if my "posts:" number goes up (to 100!, like it's an accomplishment...;-D )

Post well, all.

David
    Interesting, I'm trying one more post before I notify mods, to test it out.

--
    looks like it went up to 848, don't know why it was stuck!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I just upgraded, and am trying to find difference, if any.
    When in the daily view, under menu, and options, what do you have listed?

I have
    Font, Preferences, Sound Preferences, Display options, Phone Lookup, Security, Year View and about Calendar

It's the same here. So I don't know what were the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Who would like to wager that a 700p ROM update is completed in the TC Forums before it's made available by the carriers?
    That's almost a given. When Palm claims they "monitor the forums" they aren't kidding. We ARE their actual support.

We caught the 650 memory problems the first day the units were released, even though you would figure SOMEONE at Palm might have actually tested them at some point before they went into production.

And people like Shadowmite have probably given Palm more help for free than the paid group of Palm engineers that appear to be too focused on screwing up the Treo button arrangement on every release to bother actually noticing little things like the bluetooth doesn't stay paired with headsets. If Palm would just release the ROM tool to Shadowmite he'd have them off a workable ROM before lunch. 1 year of waiting seems criminal, the release of the 755 and not immediately offering a 1:1 trade-in for those stuck with dysfunctional 700p's compounds the insult.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Got the recent apps function working. See

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143203
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This is getting fun. Keep it coming guys!

This will give us something to mess with before MR comes...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I read the versamail files are the same, but I can tell you that the app is way better than it was on the 700p. Not sure if the device just takes better advantage of the app or visa versa. No more delay after hitting send- that has plagued the app since my 600. Also, I have 3 accounts and one of them would always resend email after I "delete from server" now it doesn't The other two accounts always worked. ???
    I've been using VersaMail for a while now and I never have had any problems with it. Frankly, I only have Gmail configured. Maybe that's why?

BTW, mine is a VZW 700p.

I never really had lag issues either..Guess I'm lucky. But bluetooth really needs some help.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    One of the things to pay attention to is the grouping of apps by date when you look at the rom.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Can this be flashed this directly into a 700p?
    after installing versamail from the 755p my treo 700p's is still the same exact version, not 3.5.4 from the 755p. It's still 3.5.1 same as it always was on the 700p. Haven't noticed any improvements, I had no complaints any way.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    after installing versamail from the 755p my treo 700p's is still the same exact version, not 3.5.4 from the 755p. It's still 3.5.1 same as it always was on the 700p. Haven't noticed any improvements, I had no complaints any way.
    Jimmie, you have to also install "MultiMail" and the "MM" files to see version 3.5.4. Besides integrated push, I didn't see any differences from 3.5.1
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Jimmie, you have to also install "MultiMail" and the "MM" files to see version 3.5.4. Besides integrated push, I didn't see any differences from 3.5.1
    Good find.
    Has anyone tried this on a 650?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast