1.    #1  
    my sprint 700p just died. i had it in my pockey (alone) and rode tower of terror and rock n roller coaster. when i took it out i noticed the screen was shot! had a blur across (kinda looked like a comet) with a bunch of lines. i tried reseting, took the battery out, even a hard reset all to no avail.
    i do have the protection plan and called sprint. i can bring it to a store in orlando but there's no guarantee they'll switch it out. not sure i have to the time to that.

anyone have any ideas as to what happened? too many g's on the roller coaster?>??!
    think i'll have trouble getting a replacement?
    RIP at the happiest place on earth
  3.    #3  
    thanks! aint to happy now- had my entire schedule on it, dinner reservations, park hours, tour info (wdw to go) weather EVERYTHING!
    have a wonderful vacation with your family and worry about the phone when you get back to the real world!

car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    My guess would be too much pressure on the screen. Maybe it was facing out, or facing in but something else in your pocket was pushing on the screen.

When you get home, do a hotsync (and a backup if possible) before hard resetting and switching out the phone.
    you can get the screen replaced ask around or check ebay
    I've ridden Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster multiple times with my 700p in my pocket. Never had a problem. Did you have the screen facing in or facing out? Could be just a damaged screen. Time to get old school, grab a map, paper and pen. Don't let it ruin your vacation. Dammit, now I'm hungry for a ham and cheese croissant from the Patisserie in Epcot. I gotta go.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kauihou View Post
    I've ridden Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster multiple times with my 700p in my pocket. Never had a problem. Did you have the screen facing in or facing out? Could be just a damaged screen. Time to get old school, grab a map, paper and pen. Don't let it ruin your vacation. Dammit, now I'm hungry for a ham and cheese croissant from the Patisserie in Epcot. I gotta go.
    funny - i just got back from patisserie in epcot and had a ham cheese quiche! not to mention an eclair!!

btw= nothing else was in my pocket
  9.    #9  
    do you think i'll have any trouble getting a new phone from sprint? i do have the protection plan but am wondering how tough they are when actually trying to do it.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    do you think i'll have any trouble getting a new phone from sprint? i do have the protection plan but am wondering how tough they are when actually trying to do it.

I've replaced a few phones with Sprint. I've never had an issue. They may want you to take the phone in to a "Corporate" store that has technicians. But that's only to make sure that it isn't a problem that can easily be fixed. Just tell customer service your problem. You might also try calling the Insurance people directly. Their # is 800-584-3666.

Good Luck. But most importantly, don't let it ruin your vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kauihou View Post
    I've ridden Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster multiple times with my 700p in my pocket. Never had a problem. .

So have I but I always keep my Treo in a hard case. If you put enough pressure on them the screen will go bad.

If you have the protection plan they will swap it out in Orlando. If you they are out of 700p's they may even give you a 755p. I would go to Orlando and get the new phone then just restore your data from your SD card and go back to your vacation in one of the better places on this planet.

When you get home buy a hard case.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Sounds like broken/cracked screen. Even alone in your pocket, it could have simply gotten hit at just the right spot (and that would include the case, not necessarily a hit to the screen itself) when you were lifting out of your seat in either of the rides.

I have dropped my treo tons of times without issue, but the one time I had a screen break was a drop in the bathroom during kids bathtime. The treo hit on a corner and that gave just enough flex/shock to crack the screen. I've been pretty happy with a rubberized case since then without any issues.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford