1.    #1  
    For the past 3-4 days, my data speeds have deteriorated considerably on EVDO. It just took me 8 minutes to download a 135 KB file on my Treo 700P. I called Sprint tech support and we reset the Power Vision on my phone. This did not help. The rep also told me there are no reported network issues in my geographic vicinity.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I am located in Houston.

Thanks.

Maury
    Fluctuation in speeds here, too, but not as drastic. Except in one area: I'm often getting the 3000 error, "data service not available in this area" on the Sprint network. Fix is to switch to Roaming. That fixes the problem. Although this is a 1xRTT area.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I have similiar issue at my home but not at the office. I forced 1xrtt and the speed improved. I then turn off forced 1xrtt when I leave home. you can toggle 1xrtt by usung ##3836# in phone app.
    do you get charged for roaming when you do that??
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    do you get charged for roaming when you do that??
    Not in the US

Quote Originally Posted by brons1 View Post
    For the past 3-4 days, my data speeds have deteriorated considerably on EVDO. It just took me 8 minutes to download a 135 KB file on my Treo 700P. I called Sprint tech support and we reset the Power Vision on my phone. This did not help. The rep also told me there are no reported network issues in my geographic vicinity.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I am located in Houston.

Thanks.

Maury
    I'm in Houston and I've had the same problem, I also get network errors... I haven't been able to go online for like the past week. I hate this phone.
    EVDO definitely depends on where u are. I have faster speeds in certain parts of the city/state.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    EVDO is awesome. Occasionally I can actually go several seconds at a time with good download speeds. After spending 2 minutes for blazer to launch, it's actually almost as fast as using the Sprint Visor Phone with the Handspring Prism I had in 2002. I love how it loads half a page, then hangs and hangs such that you can't even scroll the page, and puts me in this anticpation mode which is much like watching a good thriller. When will it finish?!? Will I ever be able to find the info I set out to find 5 minutes ago?!? Will it spontaneously reset?!? I love using EVDO on my Sprint Treo. It's never ending entertainment!
    I suspect the delays are caused by an overload in the processor as Blazer decodes all the gif and jpg images, because it can achieve consistent 500+K/sec speeds while using PDAnet.