Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As of 5/25/07, $279.99 is the most common price people are reporting.

Want to know more about the SERO plan? SERO

For those that are currently with Sprint and still under contract. Please post specifically how you got Sprint to sell you the Treo 755p for cheaper than retail. Remember that you have to push for what you want and be firm yet stay calm, if one representative cannot offer you what you want, simply hang up and call back.

If you can be specific on the types of discount you received that would be very helpful to other members who are trying to get the phone at a low cost price.

1. Number or department to call
    2. What you said to them
    3. Have to renew contract?
    4. How much did you pay

1. Retention (aka Cancellation Department) 866-881-9571
    This is the number to call if all else fail.

Update 5/21:

With so many people responding I thought I do a little update to my post to make it easier to read and find information (that way you don't have to read through the whole thread just to see what kind of discounts people are receiving). Of course these discounts are situational and depend on many factors, so your mileage may vary.

*$ 100 Mail in Rebate (Offer ends 6/12/07)
    *$ 75 Kellogg Rebate
    *$ 50 "POWERUP" Service Credit (Offer ends 06/17/07)
    *$ 150 Upgrade Credit (for renewing your contract)
    *$ 25-50 from Telesales Department Service Credit (Seperate from POWERUP Service Credit this only applies to new customer)
    *$ 25 Referral Rewards Program (For new customers only, must be completed within 15 days of activation)

You do have 30 days to try out the phone, if you are not satisfied, simply call Customer Care to return the phone and revert back to your old contract. If you recently purchased a new phone (less than 30 days), then Sprint will be able to exchange it for the 755p and you pay the difference.

If you are a new customer looking to sign up with Sprint along with a Sero plan, the easiest method would be through IPhonics.
    http://www.sprint.com/sero
    Put Savings@sprint.com into the required field.

Want to buy the phone on Ebay? Look at page 6, post #120 for more details.
    Last edited by dslisfree; 06/15/2007 at 12:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to a 755p from a 650 earlier today. I qualified for the $150 discount, since I've been with my 650 for two years now. I went into the Sprint store in Bowie, Maryland, expecting to pay retail minus the $150 and also minus the $100 mail-in rebate later on. The clerk ended up telling me that it is $200 off rather than $150 since I upgraded in the store rather than online. I never heard of that before, but thought I'd share my experience in case others wanted to try it. Mind you, I did qualify for the $150 reduction due to my time with my 650. In the end, I paid $379.99 + tax, and will receive a $100 rebate when my mail-in rebate processes.

I didn't asked if that extra $50 was applied if you only rated the $75 discount or no discount, though, so maybe it's worth asking. Good luck!

~Steve
    Free! It was a gift
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    $279.00 from a Sprint store. Upgraded from T650.
    Renewed for 2 years
    had a treo 650

got it for $279.99 no rebates
    then they gave me $50 off
    then they gave me $75 for being long customer

$154.99

ill try the 100 dollar rebate too

see if i can get it for $54.99
    cheap i am.
    Long time Sprint customer. Have been out of contract for a while now. Got the 755P for $179 from retentions plus an additional 10% off my Sprint bill for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I just upgraded to a 755p from a 650 earlier today. I qualified for the $150 discount, since I've been with my 650 for two years now. I went into the Sprint store in Bowie, Maryland, expecting to pay retail minus the $150 and also minus the $100 mail-in rebate later on. The clerk ended up telling me that it is $200 off rather than $150 since I upgraded in the store rather than online. I never heard of that before, but thought I'd share my experience in case others wanted to try it. Mind you, I did qualify for the $150 reduction due to my time with my 650. In the end, I paid $379.99 + tax, and will receive a $100 rebate when my mail-in rebate processes.

I didn't asked if that extra $50 was applied if you only rated the $75 discount or no discount, though, so maybe it's worth asking. Good luck!

~Steve
    which sprint store in Bowie?

~Steve
    I had a similar experience (except I did it on the phone). How did you get a mail-in rebate? I thought that was only for new activations.
    Picked up a new line with the 755p moved to my main line.

$279 after $100 rebate.
    $204 after $75 Kelloggs rebate.
    $154 after $50 "POWERUP" bill credit (hopefully, Sprint employee said it'd show up on my next bill... we'll see).
    Got Mines on 5/17 for free thru retentions. Been a loyal sprint customer for over 4 yrs. Have my treo 700p replaced 4 times since i had it 3 thru insurance and once thru the store. I bought the 700p full price retail when it came out and then sold me 650. Always gotta have the new phone. So on Monday I called when it 1st went on the sprint site, but the rep told me that she couldn't do a warrenty replacement that it wasn't in her system for that yet only new lines. & that she would call me as soon as it was available I didn't think she callback but on wed. afternoon she called me asking me if i still wanted the replacement and what color. And on thurs. afternoon my burgundy treo 755p arrived. :-)
    1. Retention 866-881-9571
    2. Before I said anything she asked me if I had been transferred to Retentions because I was planning to cancel my account. I said yes. Told them I had a 650 for 2 years...customer of Sprint since 1999...what can you do for me?
    3. 1 year
    4. I was charged $272.89 to my credit card and was given a $249.99 credit to my Sprint account for a total of $22.90.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by antwone View Post
    Got Mines on 5/17 for free thru retentions. Been a loyal sprint customer for over 4 yrs. Have my treo 700p replaced 4 times since i had it 3 thru insurance and once thru the store. I bought the 700p full price retail when it came out and then sold me 650. Always gotta have the new phone. So on Monday I called when it 1st went on the sprint site, but the rep told me that she couldn't do a warrenty replacement that it wasn't in her system for that yet only new lines. & that she would call me as soon as it was available I didn't think she callback but on wed. afternoon she called me asking me if i still wanted the replacement and what color. And on thurs. afternoon my burgundy treo 755p arrived. :-)
    So you can just have them do a warranty replacement?
    Well now they do because I always had most of my warrenty exchanges done by insurance. But I called them and they told me they dont do warrenty exchanges anymore just. Lost, stolen, or damaged and told me to go to the store or customercare. And customercare/retentions had no problem doin the exchange. But the funny thing is the 1st time the rep called me back, and i answered the phone my 650 reset itself like is usually does, and the rep called me back a 2nd time laughing asking me did something go wrong because should hear sumthing and it disconnectioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by antwone View Post
    Same here. Called to b1tch about Palm not Sprint and told them I was unhappy that Palm decided to fix the 700p by coming out with the755p and wanted ME to pay! Took 5 minutes and had it the following morning via UPS.
    So far so good................ (fingers crossed)

~Steve
    Exact same for me, although the store rep had trouble getting the computer to take the codes to get me the entire discount. They had to do a manual override it seems and put notations in the comment box that I was eligible for all discounts.

Also I had called retentions (because of my plan) and they noted I could get the whole $300 in discounts
    Yep, I got all the discounts at once to make it $279.99 charged to my account... Free shipping and no activation fee. I have only had my 700P for one year. I am also going to try to do the other mail in rebates to see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    Yep, I got all the discounts at once to make it $279.99 charged to my account... Free shipping and no activation fee. I have only had my 700P for one year. I am also going to try to do the other mail in rebates to see what happens.
    Did you sign up for a new 2 year plan?
    good question... she did not mention it at all so I don't know. I will check tomorrow again on the upgrade page because it is still showing my 2 year being up next year.
    All I have to say is that I LOVE Sprint and today I'm wearing my Sprint shirt.

Al
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    $418
    Minus $100 Rebate
    $318
    Minus $50 Credit for Coupon on next bill
    $268
    Minus $75 Rebate
    $193

$193 final price, with new Sprint SERO plan,

$30 bucks a month for: