Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559 View Post
    I am a long time (>10 year customer) who has been out of contract for more than one year. I currently have a 650 with a 2000 anytime (plus 3000 nights and weekends), evenings starting at 6pm for $10/mo, FIMF, $85/mo wth a 25% corporate discount. My bill is on automatic payement to my credit card, and so is always paid timely, and has been so since the inception of the account.

How well should I be able to do with retention geting a 755? I know the standard is $279, but I am already entittled to the equpitment upgrade and the mail in bonus, so i can get that price without retention's help, and wonder if I can do any better, give my longstanding relationship, good payment history, and out of contract status.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Don't forget to mention the powerup $50 instant discount. I still don't know for sure how much Sprint charged me. I've called CS and they said I got them for free thru rententions. I'll have to wait until my bill comes I guess to confirm. Rententions has spoiled me...dealing with the normal CSRs is painful to say the least.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    All you have to do is call customercare even though retentions might be a little easier. But if you have a 700p and had any problems with them ask them for a warranty exchange. The rep told me you wont be getting a 700p you will be getting the replacement the 755p what color do you prefer. Ive done this on to of mines and have no problem within 3 days my new treo was at my door.
    Sero Plan 1250 ($50), FIMF ($0), M2M ($0), Sprint 2 Home ($0), 6pm nights ($0), Insurance ($7), Unlimited text ($0) 40% Monthly Discount Total: $34.20 + Tax
    Did anyone get a refund for returning their 700p? If you returned your 700p after swapping for a 755p you should check your account.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by antwone View Post
    All you have to do is call customercare even though retentions might be a little easier. But if you have a 700p and had any problems with them ask them for a warranty exchange. The rep told me you wont be getting a 700p you will be getting the replacement the 755p what color do you prefer. Ive done this on to of mines and have no problem within 3 days my new treo was at my door.
    I called yesterday and mentioned the warranty exchange and the guy told me to take my 700p to the tech store and have them replace it (which will take about a week for it to come in) I told the ****face that it would be pointless for me to drive to the other side of town to talk to them about getting a replacement which will take a week that will most likely give me the same problems. A refurbished replacement that is. The ****face wouldnt budge so i will try again later.
    I gave the update a chance and it did nothing for me (a few minor improvements sure but nothing explosive).

Looks like I will have to figure out what card to put the new phone on.... by chance will retentions add the cost directly to the bill?

Free was given a swap from 700p to 755p.
    $279.99 from Enterprise Telesales with $30.00 SERO, haven't applied for rebate(s) yet, so could *hopefully* be less.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Did anyone get a refund for returning their 700p? If you returned your 700p after swapping for a 755p you should check your account.
    sent back my 700p today...

what kind of refund did you get??
    I'm a Pre gal now
    well i did get charged for my 755p the two i did get replaced but that was just a security measure. Because I got it all credited back as soon as the warehouse received my 700p's back. but the bad news is i just got 2 letters in the mail today explaining changes in my plan, and it seems that they renewed my contract for another 2 yrs. So it seems like they set it up as free upgrade rather then a warranty exchange.
    Sero Plan 1250 ($50), FIMF ($0), M2M ($0), Sprint 2 Home ($0), 6pm nights ($0), Insurance ($7), Unlimited text ($0) 40% Monthly Discount Total: $34.20 + Tax
    $279 + tax.....

will try Kellogg rebate & Power Up discount.

Wish me luck!
    The eBay deal might actually be a good bit sweeter if you felt like porting numbers and all...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm a Verizon customer, but am probably about to break my contract because I want to purchase a Treo 755p on a Sero plan. (I'm tired of carrying both a Razr phone plus a Palm-based PDA around-- enough already).

I have read through this thread and many others to inform myself as well as I can about the Sero plan, and the Treo 755p. My question for this thread is, what do any of you think the best $ net deal I could make specifically for the hardware (755p) will be, given that I will be 'new money' (a Verizon convert) to Sprint? Any tips or 'tricks' appreciated.

Also, will Sprint allow me 30 days trial period on the Sero plan, and if so, will I be able to use a new number during that period? And if I choose to stay with Sprint, will I then be able to port my old number over from Verizon? I don't want to port my old number over immediately & thus lose my old VZW service, until I make sure I am not getting too many dropped calls, etc. in my Sprint service area.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antwone View Post
    well i did get charged for my 755p the two i did get replaced but that was just a security measure. Because I got it all credited back as soon as the warehouse received my 700p's back. but the bad news is i just got 2 letters in the mail today explaining changes in my plan, and it seems that they renewed my contract for another 2 yrs. So it seems like they set it up as free upgrade rather then a warranty exchange.
    Bummer. I wonder if they will try to do the same to me.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Got mine for $379.
    Has anyone got the powerup $50 instant discount on SERO. When I called customer service they told me it was for online ordering only. However, you can't order SERO online....so...what's a person to do about that?

I did put in for the $100 Sprint rebate, and the Kelloggs rebate. Should I have any troubles with those?

gpshemi
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by crcr View Post
    Hi, I'm a Verizon customer, but am probably about to
    I think the most common discount would be:
    $279 - ($25-50service credit) - $50 Powerup credit

Of course you can talk your way into anything. But as a new customer you will be able to try out the phone with a different number for 30 days. And will be able able to port your number after (not sure how long you have). I would definitely ask the representative. Even if you don't receive a big discount on the phone, in the long run you cannot beat a $30 plan with all those features.
    Last edited by dslisfree; 06/08/2007 at 11:27 AM.
    Hi, I'm a Verizon customer, but am probably about to break my contract because I want to purchase a Treo 755p on a Sero plan.
    You better check, but I heard that if you break your contract you cannot port your number.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You better check, but I heard that if you break your contract you cannot port your number.
    Thanks for the tip, RickMG -- I called up Verizon and checked. I can't speak for other carriers, but Verizon told me that YES, they WILL PORT my number, even though I will be breaking my contract and they don't want to lose me as a 15 year customer.
    Thanks for the tip, RickMG -- I called up Verizon and checked. I can't speak for other carriers, but Verizon told me that YES, they WILL PORT my number, even though I will be breaking my contract and they don't want to lose me as a 15 year customer.
    That's good to hear, but I'd call Sprint, not Verizon and ask them if they can get a Verizon number ported if you are still under contract with Verizon and plan to leave early. If Verizon wanted to keep us (I just switched) they'd have vision for $15. I thought that's what would happen when the law changed that you can take your number with you but it didn't.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I've read through these posts. It seems like everyone of you is an existing Sprint customer.

I am with T-Mobile using a 650.

What would you suggest is my best course of action on getting the bet price since I cannot use the retentions angle?

I need unlimited data / text messages and would like to have at least 1500 anytime minutes. Maybe even 2000. But, I checked Sprint's minute plans and they seem to cost allot with the addition of a data plan.

I'm glad you all got such a great deal, but maybe it is only for existing customers.

Thanks!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast