Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Got mine form retention...Returned my Moto Q 449.99 credit to account ...Plus they gave me a credit of $150.00...so my Treo 755p was free ....I love it too
    I got my Treo 755 for $180 from a Sprint store. The manager reduced the price to make the sale, since my online purchase had not shipped after a week. The $200 reduction compensated fro not getting the $50 Powerup, $100 rebate, and free activation.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I just got a 755p upgrade as warranty replacement for my 700p!

I have been having bluetooth problems as well as other cs problems with sprint and asked retentions that they send a 755p as a replacement and it is arriving tomorrow.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    I just got a 755p upgrade as warranty replacement for my 700p!

I have been having bluetooth problems as well as other cs problems with sprint and asked retentions that they send a 755p as a replacement and it is arriving tomorrow.
    Are you on SERO?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    no sero here. I have 3 lines and pay a large bill. I have been a sprint/nextel customer for 7 years though and I think that is what sealed the deal for me.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I took some advice from this board. I had my wife call & attempt to cancel my service to see what Rententions would put on the table.

I have a 650 since May 05
    Customer since Jan 2000
    Contract ends in August of 07
    And I am $150 upgrade eligible.

With everything above, Retentions told her the $150 is all we can do. Other than that "No Deal"

Anyone have any suggestions? I am not just making vail threats either. I'm considering leaving for Verizon because I have many warranty replacements of my 650.

Any help appreiciated
    How are you guys that are going from the 700p to the 755p dealing with your added software? I only have a few add-on programs, chatter is the main one, that I would like to keep.

Any tips? Will a simple resync of the 755 restore the programs? I will call Sprint on Monday to see what they can do for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    How are you guys that are going from the 700p to the 755p dealing with your added software? I only have a few add-on programs, chatter is the main one, that I would like to keep.

Any tips? Will a simple resync of the 755 restore the programs? I will call Sprint on Monday to see what they can do for me?
    I decided to do a fresh install of everything. No issues at all. Most of the programs that did not work within the first week of the 755 being released have been upgraded. I think there are a few here and there that don't work. But I am happy that I called and got the upgrade.

Check out this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=142870 They have been keeping track of what works there.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Hello everyone,

I need your help. I have been having alot of trouble with my Treo 700. A few months ago I was going to cancel and they offered me a Moto Q. I tried it and hated it so I returned the Q and kept my 700. I have continued to suffer through dropped calls and missed text messages. So today I called retentions. I was very polite and nice. They offered me the 755 for $579 - $150 instant credit (Total Price $429) for extending my contract. I said that was not a fair price and told the rep that I would consider my options. A few minutes later I decided that I was not happy with the outcome of the previous call and called back again. I got the same rep again, I was still polite but told her I was not happy with the resolution that she offered me and kindly asked to speak with her manager. Her manager was nice and told me that policys have changed and that the rep should have not even offered me the $150 instant credit. I said I would consider my options and thanked her for her time. I really need a Treo that works!! I dont mind paying some money for it and extending my contract but I will not pay $429.99. I have been with sprint for about 4 years and I am one year into my current contract. I spend about a $100 a month. I want to call back again but I am afraid that they have noted my accout. I dont want something for nothing, but I would like a reliable phone that works. What should I do? Should I call back tommarow or what?

Please help me out!

Thanks
    Anyone have any luck with a 700p swap on SERO today? I got shot down again, although this time I *****ed because they delayed the MR release.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARenaissanceMan View Post
    Anyone have any luck with a 700p swap on SERO today? I got shot down again, although this time I *****ed because they delayed the MR release.
    No luck for me.
  12. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I signed up with a new acct for SERO..paid $279.99, then they credited 279.99 to my acct..and another $150 for signing up as a new customer, and ANOTHER $150 for god knows what..so i ended up making like $580 off the treo (literally) dont ask how, because i cant fully explain it...lol

Oh, and i have every intention of sending in the kellogs + Sprint rebate
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    ^watch for your bill. Sprint has a funny way of accounting when you check your account online after buying a phone. Been there, done that... The paper bill will be more accurate. Enjoy your new treo and welcome to TC.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhowell0o View Post
    Hello everyone,

I need your help. I have been having alot of trouble with my Treo 700. A few months ago I was going to cancel and they offered me a Moto Q. I tried it and hated it so I returned the Q and kept my 700. I have continued to suffer through dropped calls and missed text messages. So today I called retentions. I was very polite and nice. They offered me the 755 for $579 - $150 instant credit (Total Price $429) for extending my contract. I said that was not a fair price and told the rep that I would consider my options. A few minutes later I decided that I was not happy with the outcome of the previous call and called back again. I got the same rep again, I was still polite but told her I was not happy with the resolution that she offered me and kindly asked to speak with her manager. Her manager was nice and told me that policys have changed and that the rep should have not even offered me the $150 instant credit. I said I would consider my options and thanked her for her time. I really need a Treo that works!! I dont mind paying some money for it and extending my contract but I will not pay $429.99. I have been with sprint for about 4 years and I am one year into my current contract. I spend about a $100 a month. I want to call back again but I am afraid that they have noted my accout. I dont want something for nothing, but I would like a reliable phone that works. What should I do? Should I call back tommarow or what?

Please help me out!

Thanks

Anybody?
    Anybody?
    I would try again. There is nothing wrong with trying. Seems like they are not handing them out like they did during the first week. But if you get the right person you might score. I called 2 or 3 times before I got mine.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornettt21 View Post
    Well, come to find out, I can't share internet and insurance on both lines... I think they told me that to get me off the phone... I did get both 755p's for free though.. Well, I originally paid $200 for the 700p's.. I went into the store and paid the difference to have RETENSIONS credit my account anyway...

This is my plan..
    for 2 LINES
    700 anytime minutes 69.99
    nights weekends start at 7
    Unlimited text $8/500 text for free (i use more than 500 but my wife doesn't)
    Insurance on both lines $7 each
    Internet $15 on each phone...

So, for a grand total of around $125 for the both of us..

Is that pretty good or should I talk to retentions about getting free text messages all together!

It will be 30 days on the 2nd... So, Let me know if this is a good deal!
    Alright called retentions and got my plan fixed...

They put my and my wife on, what the rep called "the retention plan."

2 separate lines with each of the following:
    1000 anytime minutes
    unlimited text and internet
    night and weekends start at 8
    insurance on both lines

comes out to a grand total with 25% coroporate discount to around $90/month... She took of $50/month and gave us more minutes!!
    i can get it for $576 after rebates and taxes and activation. any suggestions? i don't qualify for SERO.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Anybody?
    PMed you.
    Lenny

Well, I now have a new way to view how much I paid for changing to Sprint and getting the 755.

I paid $379 for my 755, and $25 for my wifes Sanyo (she didn't want a Treo anymore as she only used it as a phone anyway).

I sold my 650 and her 600 on ebay two days ago for $260 and am still getting the $100 rebate bringing the total for my wifes and my phones to a grand total for these upgrades to only $44 net.

Best yet is Thursday I was successful in changing her and my phones to the SERO plan saving us over $67 per MONTH from what we were paying Verizon for less minutes and services, and that's with her never having any internet option on her Treo.

EDIT UPDATE: I just remembered, we're each getting a $25 referal card, so we made $6 How great is that?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I am a long time (>10 year customer) who has been out of contract for more than one year. I currently have a 650 with a 2000 anytime (plus 3000 nights and weekends), evenings starting at 6pm for $10/mo, FIMF, $85/mo wth a 25% corporate discount. My bill is on automatic payement to my credit card, and so is always paid timely, and has been so since the inception of the account.

How well should I be able to do with retention geting a 755? I know the standard is $279, but I am already entittled to the equpitment upgrade and the mail in bonus, so i can get that price without retention's help, and wonder if I can do any better, give my longstanding relationship, good payment history, and out of contract status.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast