Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by worldwearyeyes View Post
    That's good to hear...thanks for the correction. Things must have changed in the past few months since I got a Q replacement.

Question: What are they requesting you send back w/ the phone in the return kit these days? It used to just be the phone and battery, but the retentions guys made it sound like I needed to return everything.
    Yes, the instructions do state to mail send in the available accessories. However, I didn't see anything about what would happen if something was missing. I had everything except the dummy sd card. So I provided them the accessories since I had extras. Plus, I got a great deal from them.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Thanks for the info cash70. I agree, with the deal they gave us, I have no problem sending them my wx's accs.

On a related note, kudos to Sprint and UPS (even though I work for Fedex!). Its first UPS scan was at 1:56am this morning in KY, and it's already on a delivery truck on its way to me here in TN! That's fast delivery right there!
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
    I called *2 and said cancel and was connected with a good rep that offered me the internet price without a rebate, $280, gave me Powervision at the same $10 I was arleady paying and lowered my fair and flexible bill by $5 a month. I thought this was an excellent AND fair offer to upgrade from a 650! BTW my contract doesn't expire until August and I was eligible for the $150 new phone discount on June 1st.

Last time I upgraded a couple of years ago getting a motivated rep was very time consuming. This time I got what I wanted on my FIRST call. Way to go Sprint!
    I just got my return packet, yeah... and boooooo.....

Al
    Okay...will try to call retentions tomorrow to get two 755p's....wish me luck!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Good luck, gfunk! let us know what ya think of the 755.
    added a line to my existing account(I can add as many lines to my account for 0.00 a month) got the out the door price of 279.99 and then sold my 700p on ebay for 240.00 So net price to upgrade $40.00 Am gonna do the same thing with my wifes 700p today...set up her 755p last night.

Ken
    A former Verizon customer.

Used Ebay representative and got the 755 for $100 along with the $100 mail in rebate form.

I've had Sprint for two day and I am very glad to make the switch so far. I hope my experience remains positive after I complete my trips over the next two weeks.
    I also am on VZN and thinking of doing this. What plan do you get on the E-bay store?
    Quote Originally Posted by jalexone View Post
    A former Verizon customer.

Used Ebay representative and got the 755 for $100 along with the $100 mail in rebate form.

I've had Sprint for two day and I am very glad to make the switch so far. I hope my experience remains positive after I complete my trips over the next two weeks.
    I am debating on whether I should wait another 30 days when my contract expires to call retentions or give it a shot now...

After all the heartache and patience of the well documented issues my Treo finally did what I most feared Saturday.... It froze as I was making a call..not just an ordinary call but a call for "help." Help as in I am broken down in the company vehicle at 2:30a in a high crime area... That was my tipping point..

Anyone with a SERO plan and longer than 6 months of contract left had any luck with a 700p to 755p swap from retentions? I got promised the phone from regular CS, never had it put in my account, and retentions keeps stonewalling me. I've got a loop phone too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ARenaissanceMan View Post
    Anyone with a SERO plan and longer than 6 months of contract left had any luck with a 700p to 755p swap from retentions? I got promised the phone from regular CS, never had it put in my account, and retentions keeps stonewalling me. I've got a loop phone too!
    I have tried to no avail.
    What do u think about that ebay transaction ? Is it all genuine or there is a catch or something ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Okay...will try to call retentions tomorrow to get two 755p's....wish me luck!
    How did it go for you?
    I also received my return kit for my 700P.

Kinda sad to see it go but I LOVE my 755
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib View Post
    What do u think about that ebay transaction ? Is it all genuine or there is a catch or something ?
    A 100 dollars 755P with a $100 rebate...I don't know, sounds very fishy. I don't like ebays because of the 'if its to good to be true, it usually is' philosophy.
    Hope all goes well with that transaction
    called retentions got my Treo 755p for $279.99
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    called retentions got my Treo 755p for $279.99
    Did you have to resign for 2 years?
  19.    #119  
    For those that are thinking of the buying your phone on Ebay:

The sellers are legit, I've done this before with my PPC 6700. But there are a few guidelines that you MUST follow to a T or else you will be charge up the **** for the full price of the phone.

From my previous research, you must sign up for a regular Sprint plan $39.99 and above and you HAVE to keep that plan for at least 6 months before you can change it to any other (i.e Sero).
    You have to use that phone for at least 30 days. So no ESN swap, meaning you cannot put your current Sprint number onto that new phone right away.

But if you can follow all those rules and want the Treo 755p for cheap, it's a great way of getting the phone. But of course always call them and ask if you have any concerns.
    Well, come to find out, I can't share internet and insurance on both lines... I think they told me that to get me off the phone... I did get both 755p's for free though.. Well, I originally paid $200 for the 700p's.. I went into the store and paid the difference to have RETENSIONS credit my account anyway...

This is my plan..
    for 2 LINES
    700 anytime minutes 69.99
    nights weekends start at 7
    Unlimited text $8/500 text for free (i use more than 500 but my wife doesn't)
    Insurance on both lines $7 each
    Internet $15 on each phone...

So, for a grand total of around $125 for the both of us..

Is that pretty good or should I talk to retentions about getting free text messages all together!

It will be 30 days on the 2nd... So, Let me know if this is a good deal!