Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I have been there for about 7 yrs and pay a healthy bill every month. That probaly had something to do with my swap
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    Are you guys that are getting even warranty exchanges on your 700p for a 755p out of contract? I'm only 3 months into a new contract (because I changed plans), and have only been a sprint customer for 8 months total. I've always had problems with the bluetooth on my 700p, but have never complained to sprint about it. I know i'm getting greedy, but do you guys think a sprint newbie like me could get a 700p/755p swap?
    I had 11 months left on my contract. They put a $579 charge on my credit card and will reverse it when my 700p gets back to them. My 755p was delivered this morning with the return kit for my 700p. This phone is suhweeeet
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    thanks.

regarding the mail in rebate, don't be surprised if you don't get it.

they promised it to me when I bought the 700p, then I got the ugly regret to inform you letter.

good luck and thanks for the tips... I will try craigslist for sure.
    Question: So you ordered the 700p over the phone and they told you they would send you a mail-in rebate then when you turned it in your received a letter informing you would not receive the rebate?

If they do that to me I'm going to fight it because you don't tell someone something and even send the phone w/a rebate and deny me. That's wrong. I sent the rebate in today so I'll update if I get the check or not.
    diane
    Every new Treo model needs to be setup from scratch. Restoring from a backup is the worst thing you can do. It is a time consuming but worth.

Al
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Still have a year on my contract. Never had a PDA phone before but decided to upgrade for work reasons. Called retentions and they offered me the 755 for $279 (instant savings, no mail in rebates), waiving shipping and activation fee. Thought it was a great deal so jumped on it.
    That is a good deal . Nice price ^_^ You'll be happy with this PDA/Phone.
    I just received my Treo 755P.
    I called on Sunday and it arrived today.
    I had the Treo 650 and now trying to brings things over to the 755P. Only thing so far I'm having troubles with is bringing over my previous txt msgs.

Anyway,

When I called Sprint to activate the new phone (regular cust svc not Retentions) The rep said if you upgrade your phone for 2 years, you get 1 of 4 offers, $50 off your next bill, 1/2 price on the vision pack for 2 years, nights & weekends start at 7pm and something else. I told them with this new phone my contract have been updated. So I also took one of the free offers.

Next I asked about Sero. She didn't know what it was and asked a supervisor. She had me on hold so long I thought she hung up. But she told me in order to switch I would lose my corp discount and would have to be setup with a new phone and number. I had my phone number for over 7 years and didn't want to give it up.

Last but not least tips I used when spoke with Retention last Sunday.

I stressed that I had Sprint since 1999.

That my bill is paid and up to date.

Went to the store and they were rude and was told to call you.
    They had in their records that I paid full price for my Treo 650 and I complained that it was replaced for the refurbished model that was giving me problems and instead of getting another refurbished model I would rather a new phone.

I kept asking what else can you do?

I read this forum and also looked at the sprint website. Key words like PowerUp and additional discounts.

As I mentioned before I stressed that I was a long time customer and I should also qualify for the same rebates, You known me to pay my bills, you don't know about that new guy who may switch next month, can you cut me a break?

Last but not least, if you get a woman on the line, throw on a smooth Barry White voice. lol.

Also I'm not sure if I'm able to post a link or not but there is a link to the mail-in rebate.

http://palm.imageg.net/graphics/coup...batecoupon.pdf

hope this helps.
    You guys helped me alot and want to say thanks again
    I got the phone for $229. Instant discount $150, service credit $100, and mail in rebate $100. Also 500 free text messages, and a $20 power vision pack for $10.
    All the following I already have, and stays the same. Old 2000 anytime for $85, $10 for nights and weekends, $5 for nights starting at 7PM, 2 other lines no additional cost, plus a 15% discount.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Ok, well I've been attempting to get a replacement 755p for my faulty 700p for the past 2 days. I have the same issues as have been mentioned plus my sync connection is flaky as can be and tonight my phone just randomly would not turn on and when I reset it, it went into a permanent restart loop. Resorted to another hard reset. Anyway, I called the retention department again and I have yet to have any luck with a replacement. They tell me I have to contact Palm (surely going to be a waste of time plus I have to wait until tomorrow). Sprint Rep said "I would love to send you a 755 for free but we have been mandated by corporate that we can no longer send out any below the sticker price minus eligible rebates. Too many have already gone out way under-priced." So I told him I'd contact Palm before I finalized canceling my account. What do you think? Is Palm likely to help? Is that guy I spoke with yankin my chain about the pricing? What should I do next? Thanks for the input.
    I would add insurance to your account if you already don't have it. Go into a local store and have the phone checked out and see about getting it replaced with another 700P.

Then call retentions again and see about getting the 755P for the $279.99 price.

Sell your newly replaced 700p on ebay for just about what you will have in your 755p.

I was just about 1 year into my contract with my 700P and got the 755p for $279.99 with no problem at all... Just keep trying until you get to someone that will help you. It took me 2 calls last year for the 700P.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    I would add insurance to your account if you already don't have it. Go into a local store and have the phone checked out and see about getting it replaced with another 700P.

Then call retentions again and see about getting the 755P for the $279.99 price.

Sell your newly replaced 700p on ebay for just about what you will have in your 755p.

I was just about 1 year into my contract with my 700P and got the 755p for $279.99 with no problem at all... Just keep trying until you get to someone that will help you. It took me 2 calls last year for the 700P.

Good Luck!

Just upgraded to a 755p from 700p! Called insurance and they are sending me a brand new 700p cuz my current one is a drag(big suprise ).

Can i just sell it on ebay once my 755p is activated? Will the buyer of the 700p be able to activate it or is there anything i need to do to the new 700p once i get it?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Quote Originally Posted by speciald14 View Post
    Just upgraded to a 755p from 700p! Called insurance and they are sending me a brand new 700p cuz my current one is a drag(big suprise ).

Can i just sell it on ebay once my 755p is activated? Will the buyer of the 700p be able to activate it or is there anything i need to do to the new 700p once i get it?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Do you have a number that you called to get the free upgrade? Also, did you have to pay for the upgrade? Also, if you are getting a free upgrade to the 755p via insurance, you will probably have to send back the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Do you have a number that you called to get the free upgrade? Also, did you have to pay for the upgrade? Also, if you are getting a free upgrade to the 755p via insurance, you will probably have to send back the 700p.
    Called retentions. Ended up paying $379 for the phone with a 2 yr renewal. At same time called insurance to get another 700p (paid$50 dedct. but got a $50 credit on next bill from retentions)to exchange w my current crappy 700p. Insurance said they are sending me a brand new 700p...I asked if it was refirb. to make sure and they said it was brand new...Plan on selling my new 700p on ebay hence my first question.

Think retentions is getting a lot of calls for upgrades. The rep said that an email went around to that effect.

Good luck..
    Sean
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Boy, I wish I was a pretty girl, I might have made out like a bandit. Well, I got even with them tonight, I traded my blue one for the burgundy.
    awww thanks and good going with the exchange for the burgundy, after recieving my blue one I wish I had gone for the burgundy...

Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Are they going to send a return kit for the treo 700P?

Also, did they place any charges to your credit card?

yes, they are sending me a return kit for my 700

and no, no charges what so ever, even exchange

I seem to have good luck with Sprint *knocks on wood*...whenever I have wanted something I have had no trouble getting it...

I am on SERO
    unlimited text for free (prior to it being promotional)
    FIMF
    200 extra anytime minutes a month
    my 25% corp discount applied
    and a brand new 755 paying nothing out of pocket

I LOVE Sprint
    I'm a Pre gal now
    wow...i must have bad luck! I just tried retentions...all i got was $379. I've been with sprint since 1999. This really sucks. I didn't take it. I'll try again next week.

The worse part about it was that they were giving me the $150 upgrade offer now (as opposed to waiting until aug. when i am eligible) for having my 650 for almost 2 years and they thought that was being generous!!!
    Ok... i'm starting to believe I'm either the most unlucky guy on earth, or getting lied to on the boards :P

I got a question for the people who have managed to make the 700->755 swap for free.... Did you start at retentions, and then actually get sent to assurion? I literally had a 45 minute phone call with the supervisor in retentions, and all she did was reassure me that assurion was the only person that could help me. My past experiences in dealing with the actual insurance personnel... have been less than fresh, to say the least. I've got a pretty solid case ill state, and then I'm going back to the brick and mortar to start a storm (there isn't a 700p within 150 miles of me... all stores are out, and im away on business bouncing between hotels and don't have a proper shipping address....)

So anyway, any clearer info on how the in contract kids pulled off the 755swap, holler <3
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    I called up retentions and asked about details of my contract end dates (I have three SERO lines) as well as for details of my ETF's per line. Naturally, the rep asked me for reasons and I talked about repeated connection and dropped call problems and the multiple phone calls I've made to tech and CS. I also did everything they asked - took the phone in for service, updates, blah blah blah with no improvement (BTW, this line was a FUSIC handset). I told the rep I would reconsider early termination if I got anew handset and told her I was looking at the 755 because I have the 700p on one of my other lines and love it. I asked what she could do and she offered me the web special price - currently $279.99. I politely thanked her but told her it was still too much at this time and then once I verified that activating a line with a different carrier and porting the phone number over would cancel my Sprint line I ended the call.

Then I found this thread and realized what a deal she gave me. I called back and told the next rep about what I was offered and told her I'd like to take advantage of it now. She even asked me if I was supposed to renew my contract or swap another phone for it and I told her 'no'. They shipped the 755p next day air (I was told ground, so YAY) and it's a sweet phone..

Before you all think I was being greedy, I really thought they would do better than the $279.99 they first offered. Why? Because a few months ago one of their reps sent me a 700p, free. Once I found out that the $279.99 is a great price for a current customer about a year deep into a new contract without rebates or contract renewal, I didn't mind so much.
    $279 here, times 5, and bumping Sprint another 10 months or so of contract commitment. In a just world, it should have been free with no extra commitment, but I'm sick of arguing the point with them, I just want to move on to a phone that works (at least in theory). Ironically, Palm somehow manages to benefit on more sales by putting out crap phones and never fixing them.

I actually prefer the 700p with the standard SD card and bigger battery, but I'm so sick of not being able to use a bluetooth headset I gave them the blood money because that 700p bluetooth firmware fix will be coming about as soon as Iraq becomes a popular American spring break destination.

I don't think this is Sprint's fault - it's squarely Palm's inability to stand behind their products, and habit of churning their customers by releasing problematic updates and never fixing them. By god I'd love to go elsewhere - but Palm's the only game in town for a PalmOS phone right now, and they are using their monopoly to their short-term advantage as long as they can. Hopefully Sprint is billing Palm for these accomodations - after experiencing the 600, 650 and 700p it's obvious that Handspring/Palm hasn't deeply tested their work to the extent one would expect on a retail $650.00 phone. The fact Sprint still supports them by selling their phones is an indication that something in that relationship is lucrative for someone.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Ok... i'm starting to believe I'm either the most unlucky guy on earth, or getting lied to on the boards :P

I got a question for the people who have managed to make the 700->755 swap for free.... Did you start at retentions, and then actually get sent to assurion? I literally had a 45 minute phone call with the supervisor in retentions, and all she did was reassure me that assurion was the only person that could help me. My past experiences in dealing with the actual insurance personnel... have been less than fresh, to say the least. I've got a pretty solid case ill state, and then I'm going back to the brick and mortar to start a storm (there isn't a 700p within 150 miles of me... all stores are out, and im away on business bouncing between hotels and don't have a proper shipping address....)

So anyway, any clearer info on how the in contract kids pulled off the 755swap, holler <3
    I called Retentions directly. I told the lady about the bluetooth issues on the 700p. Told her that in DC is mandatory to use a handsfree set while driving. So my 700p was useless. She even noticed that they had already shipped me a 755p (which I got for $22 after instant rebates and credits). I told her that it was to replace my wife's 650. So at that point she had to know that I was not planning to cancel my service since I had extended the contract 1 year just 3 days before. But they still sent me another 755p as an even swap. I just got the return kit for the 700p yesterday.

I think the key was telling her that I had been with Sprint since 1999 and that I never called complaining or asking for anything.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Anyone on SERO get a 700p to 755p swap?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast