Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 216
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    If you do get $$ back after calling them back you have to buy CASH70's wife a new holster for her new 755P. lol ---- running out of thread.
    That is what we are here for...to help each other out.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    I did no raising of my voice or lawyeristic arguments in this conversation.
    That is the key. When I called last week to get my wife's 650 upgraded I was very calm about it. I just told them that I had been a customer since 1999. I called back this morning to see if I could have my 700p upgraded due to the bluetooth issues. Without me saying anything the lady at Retentions immediately told me that I had been a long time customer. She put me on hold for a few minutes then told me that I will be receiving a 755p via mail either tomorrow or Wednesday as an even exchange for my 700p. All I had to do was extend my contract for 2 years. Not a big deal since I have been with them for 8 years now.

    So I have now upgraded my wife's 650 and my 700p to 755p's for just over $22. You can't beat Sprint!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3. #43  
    Sprint Retentions ROCKS!!!!!!

    Just got a free 755P in exchange for my 700P

    Billed $579.00 and charge will be reversed when my 700P gets back to them.

    Conversation lasted about 5 minutes. Told them I was sick of getting a new phone and having to reprogram over and over (had 3 700's) and wasnt about to pay $300+ for a 755 that is basically the same phone.

    Rep said no problem.
  4. #44  
    How much did your Treo 755p cost?

    After talking to Sprint customer service (what an oxymoron) it cost me my dignity.

    Other than that it cost a two year contract, $379, less, hopefully, a $100 rebate.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #45  
    So if you wanted a 755p and a SERO plan, what's best way to do so? Buy a current SERO plan phone and exchange it?

    This is for parents with Sprint and expired contracts and basic candy bar phones right now.

    Or convert a current plan to SERO?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    So if you wanted a 755p and a SERO plan, what's best way to do so? Buy a current SERO plan phone and exchange it?

    This is for parents with Sprint and expired contracts and basic candy bar phones right now.

    Or convert a current plan to SERO?
    I think the best way to go at it is to use the expired contract as a leverage to get what you want from Sprint. If you just call Customer care they'll probably give you the usual $150 upgrade credit and the other promotions going on right now. I'm not sure if final price of the phone will be better than if you were to sign up as a new customer. Again use the fact that your contract has expired to ask them for a better discount, a little threat might go a long way (leave for another service provider).

    I'm not sure whether or not retention deals with plan upgrades, but it's definitely worth asking. But renew your contract and upgrade to Sero/get new phone at the same time. Read my first post again for discounts that you might qualify for.
    Last edited by dslisfree; 05/21/2007 at 11:00 AM.
  7. #47  
    Sero site seems to have changed. I see the 755p offered but no links for plan details..in fact nothing to click on. Just a phone number to call.
    Last edited by cardfan; 05/21/2007 at 11:05 AM.
  8. #48  
    update. called back retentions because I went to my local store to make the return and they refused to do so stating I had to go thru telesales. I politely walked out of the store, got in my car and immediately called retentions. complained about my wasted time and inconvenience all the while remaining very polite. the rep was very helpful, apologized profusely and express shipped me a Blue 755, waived shipping and applied the 50 dollar service credit to my account. now I have unlimited free text, corp discount applied, 200 extra any time minutes a month all with SERO and my 755.

    Sprint is great!

    I'm soooo glad I switched!
    I'm a Pre gal now
  9. #49  
    1. *2 Cancel ..Retentions Dept.

    2. Just asked them if the 755p had come out and if I could get any rebates since I had 6months left on three of lines.

    3. Yes had to renew contract for one line for 2yrs.

    4. $279 w/that $100 mail-in rebate (i wish i asked for instant on that one. i doubt they would have gave it to me since I just had $200 instant)

    I'm sure I could have got more off but I was so excited that I gave in to the price above which isn't bad considering I had six months left on my contract. Plus I sold my 700p for $350 so I'm good.
    diane
  10. heat00's Avatar
    Posts
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    1. *2 Cancel ..Retentions Dept.

    2. Just asked them if the 755p had come out and if I could get any rebates since I had 6months left on three of lines.

    3. Yes had to renew contract for one line for 2yrs.

    4. $279 w/that $100 mail-in rebate (i wish i asked for instant on that one. i doubt they would have gave it to me since I just had $200 instant)

    I'm sure I could have got more off but I was so excited that I gave in to the price above which isn't bad considering I had six months left on my contract. Plus I sold my 700p for $350 so I'm good.
    Thats about what I got.. didn't know about a $100 mail in rebate though... I won't hold my breath on that one, usually they won't let you combine that mail in with any other rebate or discount, learned that the hard way on the 00p... bought in store with the $150 eligible trade in and they swore to me that I would get back another $100 in the mail. filled out the form and a few weeks later I get the hated response from Sprint, NO CAN DO.. lmao.

    I did get the 755p for $349. don't think there will be another rebate on top.

    Where did you get $350 for your 700p????????? That's the big question lol.

    I'm going to try ebay as soon as my 755 arrives, unless someone here wants it

    I'll be thrilled If I get $200, is that unreasonable ??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Thats about what I got.. didn't know about a $100 mail in rebate though... I won't hold my breath on that one, usually they won't let you combine that mail in with any other rebate or discount, learned that the hard way on the 00p... bought in store with the $150 eligible trade in and they swore to me that I would get back another $100 in the mail. filled out the form and a few weeks later I get the hated response from Sprint, NO CAN DO.. lmao.

    I did get the 755p for $349. don't think there will be another rebate on top.

    Where did you get $350 for your 700p????????? That's the big question lol.

    I'm going to try ebay as soon as my 755 arrives, unless someone here wants it

    I'll be thrilled If I get $200, is that unreasonable ??
    Well I kept asking the rep, "Can you go any lower on the price?" It doesn't hurt to ask you know? The worst thing they can do is say no. After getting the instant $200 I immediately ask if she can do any better. That's when she offered the mail-in rebate. I know that Sprint doesn't do that a lot because other reps have told me that was weird that she did that for me. I will mail in the rebate this week and I guess get my check in 2months.

    I sold my 700p on craigslist. Good luck with your sale. If you go ebay extras are what people like. They're are more cheapos on ebay in my opinion than craigslist.
    diane
  12. heat00's Avatar
    Posts
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #52  
    thanks.

    regarding the mail in rebate, don't be surprised if you don't get it.

    they promised it to me when I bought the 700p, then I got the ugly regret to inform you letter.

    good luck and thanks for the tips... I will try craigslist for sure.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  13. #53  
    I am shooting for the stars going for the warranty replacement, but thus far retentions is giving me the reach around
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  14. #54  
    i called back to get my tracking number and then nonchalantly asked if the rebate form would come with the phone. she looked at the notes and said that all of my discount was instant and that there wasn't an additional mail in rebate. i'll send it in anyway and see what happens, but i'm not counting on it.
  15. #55  
    I paid 200.00 for my 700p and got an even exchange for the 755 thru retentions...plus the 50.00 service credit.

    I just realised I made out like a bandit!

    Verizon was like getting blood from a stone when it came to any kind of break on pricing, whether for a phone or plan but with Sprint it is so easy to get what you want...
    I'm a Pre gal now
  16. #56  
    Yeah, as an update, I'm obviously not pushing the right buttons. I've tried the cool and collected approach, and that isn't getting me anywhere... I keep getting the 579 is the best we can do response. Anyone have any other tips or stories how about they were able to swap from a 700 to a 55?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I paid 200.00 for my 700p and got an even exchange for the 755 thru retentions...plus the 50.00 service credit.

    I just realised I made out like a bandit!
    Boy, I wish I was a pretty girl, I might have made out like a bandit. Well, I got even with them tonight, I traded my blue one for the burgundy.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Yeah, as an update, I'm obviously not pushing the right buttons. I've tried the cool and collected approach, and that isn't getting me anywhere... I keep getting the 579 is the best we can do response. Anyone have any other tips or stories how about they were able to swap from a 700 to a 55?
    If you have a girlfriend or wife, I would have her call.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    update. called back retentions because I went to my local store to make the return and they refused to do so stating I had to go thru telesales. I politely walked out of the store, got in my car and immediately called retentions. complained about my wasted time and inconvenience all the while remaining very polite. the rep was very helpful, apologized profusely and express shipped me a Blue 755, waived shipping and applied the 50 dollar service credit to my account. now I have unlimited free text, corp discount applied, 200 extra any time minutes a month all with SERO and my 755.

    Sprint is great!

    I'm soooo glad I switched!
    Are they going to send a return kit for the treo 700P?

    Also, did they place any charges to your credit card?
  20. #60  
    Are you guys that are getting even warranty exchanges on your 700p for a 755p out of contract? I'm only 3 months into a new contract (because I changed plans), and have only been a sprint customer for 8 months total. I've always had problems with the bluetooth on my 700p, but have never complained to sprint about it. I know i'm getting greedy, but do you guys think a sprint newbie like me could get a 700p/755p swap?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions