Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I just called and had them renew my contract to 2 years, and paid zero dollars. so I think I got a good deal. no expense out of my pocket at all just another 2 year contract. what doyou think?

Treo 755p.
    I am still in my 30 day return period with Sprint.

what do you think my chances are that they will exchange my 700p for a 755?

and who would I call to do that?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I am still in my 30 day return period with Sprint.

what do you think my chances are that they will exchange my 700p for a 755?

and who would I call to do that?
    If you are within your 30 days they will exchange it right away...that is what I was told by a regular customer service rep and retentions. Best bet is to either go to a store or call retentions.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    If you are within your 30 days they will exchange it right away...that is what I was told by a regular customer service rep and retentions. Best bet is to either go to a store or call retentions.

ok, so is there a specific number for retentions?

and would i have to come up with some elaborate story about why I want to switch or just tell them I want the newer model?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    cat, since you are on SERO it will be hard... They will tell you to return the phone to Inphonics, and not Sprint per se
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    cat, since you are on SERO it will be hard... They will tell you to return the phone to Inphonics, and not Sprint per se
    yea, I was wondering if that would make it more difficult...

I wonder if its even worth a try...
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ok, I'm going to give it a shot today.
    I already tried calling Palm, and got nowhere.
    had my 700p since it came out.. not eligible for ANY discounts yet.

I will try this number that you guys are raving about and hope for the best

will post again later today.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    3 months ago, got Q for $99 when I signed up for 2 year contract. Called retentions and complained about Q (I replaced Q 3 times in 3 months). Got the 755p for $249 (after instant credits and including taxes)...
    Sold my Q for $305 on eBay....
    Got $100 rebate on my Q from sprint... will apply for $100 rebate for 755p...
    You see what I am saying... confusing?? me too.. but looks like I made some money with this whole ordeal...

Having used 755 for 5 days now, I think this phone ROCKS.. The best phone I have ever had.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    thank you all very much for this post.

One call this time to the retention, I complained and said I'm leaving for Verizon and he offered me $200 off a new 755p (opted for the burgundy). on it's way ups...

sweeeeet.

my 700p has been terrible, and even though a fix is coming, hopefully this new 755p will be much better !!!

thank you again.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I have tried calling eCare to no avail.
    called retentions, Im within my 30 day return period with a SERO plan, talked to Carlos, gave me a "return confirmation number" and advised me all I needed to do was stop by my Sprint store tommorow to exchange my 700 for a brand new 755.

I asked how much this would cost me, he asked where i got my 700p, I replied "online" he said "so you paid 300.00 for the 700, you will be eligible for a refund once the exchange is made in store"

He was very helpful, recapped our whole convo and notated my account, also said there was a "return ticket" out on my account...whatever that means...

Im SHOCKED. Im going to have a 755 on SERO....

I love Sprint!!!

will update after I get my new phone
    I'm a Pre gal now
    $429 - $150 credited to account - $279
    I will receive it in 3-5 business days
    A got the "Blue" one coming. There is no way my co-managers won't notice I got a new one. The blue may go unnoticed more than the Burgandy one.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i hope burgundy wasn't a mistake...

I hope this 755p is much better than my 700p. I miss my 650, had the best bluetooth so far...

we shall see..
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    1. Retention 866-881-9571
    2. Before I said anything she asked me if I had been transferred to Retentions because I was planning to cancel my account. I said yes. Told them I had a 650 for 2 years...customer of Sprint since 1999...what can you do for me?
    3. 1 year
    4. I was charged $272.89 to my credit card and was given a $249.99 credit to my Sprint account for a total of $22.90.
    I would like to say thanks.
    I've been been with Sprint since 1999 and didn't know there was a Retention number.

Anyway, I called them on Sunday (I was suprised they were open and picked up the call on the first ring ) and stated that I've been having problems with my Treo 650 phone and was referred to call retention by the store.

I had my 650 replace for a refurbished one in Feb. in NYC and the refurbished one started up. I told them I tried to take it back to the Sprint store and they were rude telling me that refurbished phone only has a 30 warranty and 35 days after they didn't want to exchange it but wanted another $35 to examine and replace the phone. (I don't have insurance on my phone).

To make a long story short. I continued on with the problems about my phone and the service from the Sprint store. She said she'll see what she can do. First she said only the $150 plus $50. Then I continued on that I was a Sprint customer since 1999. So she said she'll look in the computer to see if there is anything else she can do. Then she came back and said that she can take off $300 off the original price which is $579 - $300 = $279. I said I'll have to think about it, are you sure there is not anything else you can do. I've been a sprint customer since 1999. She said she'll speak to her manager.

She then came back saying that she can take off an additional $50 if you order from us now. I said are you sure? Isn't there anything else you can do? What about the power up discount. She then said sir, this is below the new customer discount there is nothing else I can do. This is the lowest price you're going to get it for. So I said fine. I ordered it for $229.00. It should arrive on Wednesday. So I'm excited. The retention line I guess is the last resort line. She asked did she satisfy my needs on the first call? My 2 year contract expires Sept. 2007 but I had to agree to a 2 year contract with this new phone. So now my contract expires Sept. 2009.

Later on when I had a drop call on my Treo 650, I dialed *2 to get my drop call credit. While they are giving me my account status, they said that I had a $175 credit on my bill. I then went online and its was there.

So I like to thank everyone that contributed to this thread and the forums. You really learn alot. Now my next thing is to find out how everyone is streaming music through their phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    I would like to say thanks.
    I've been been with Sprint since 1999 and didn't know there was a Retention number.
    I knew about it. But this is the first time I take advantage of it. I think we had it long overdue. I replaced my wife's 650 with the 755p so she can take advantage of EVDO. So the 650 is going on eBay. I might swap my 700p with a 755p later if I can get another great deal from Sprint.

Glad to see that it worked for you.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    called retentions, Im within my 30 day return period with a SERO plan, talked to Carlos, gave me a "return confirmation number" and advised me all I needed to do was stop by my Sprint store tommorow to exchange my 700 for a brand new 755.

I asked how much this would cost me, he asked where i got my 700p, I replied "online" he said "so you paid 300.00 for the 700, you will be eligible for a refund once the exchange is made in store"

He was very helpful, recapped our whole convo and notated my account, also said there was a "return ticket" out on my account...whatever that means...

Im SHOCKED. Im going to have a 755 on SERO....

I love Sprint!!!

will update after I get my new phone
    Another reason why I have been with Sprint since 1999. Yes, their CS can bring you close to a heart attack every once in a while. But you just never know when one of them is going to bring you back from the light.

I'm glad it worked.

thanks to this thread, i called the retention dept and told them i needed a treo and i could get one for free by signing up with another carrier and it would only cost me the $200 etf. she put me on hold to see what she could do and came back and told me she could sell me the 755 for $300 and i said ok. after reading kool fella's post i wish i had pressed a little more, but i'm definitely satisfied.
    . I think we had it long overdue. So the 650 is going on eBay.
    That is exactly where mine is going. Straight to Ebay once everything gets converted over. I find it funny how so many people held on to the 650, skipped over the 700P and waited for the 755P.

Hope you wife enjoys it.

Sprint may not have the best coverage all over but theres things you can get away with Sprint than with other companies.

The credit for dropped call. Some say even if your call didn't drop you can call in and get a .50 cent credit. But you didn't hear that from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by stimulant View Post
    thanks to this thread, i called the retention dept and told them i needed a treo and i could get one for free by signing up with another carrier and it would only cost me the $200 etf. she put me on hold to see what she could do and came back and told me she could sell me the 755 for $300 and i said ok. after reading kool fella's post i wish i had pressed a little more, but i'm definitely satisfied.
    There is suppose to be a $100.00 mail in rebate. Also find out about the Power Up Discount.

Call 'em back This is easier than asking a woman to dance at a party, lol, call 'em back
    You paid your money, you're now in a contract, what's the worst that can happen You never know. All the can do is say no. I believe by law you have 14 days to cancel a new carrier's contract without being hit with a cancelation fee.

If you do get $$ back after calling them back you have to buy CASH70's wife a new holster for her new 755P. lol ---- running out of thread.
    Last edited by onekoolfella; 05/20/2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Strange experience... I called Retentions to see "what they could do for me" about my 700p bluetooth problems and resets. I don't find them infuriating but annoying. I mentioned to the rep that I was having problems and would like another phone or considering dropping my service. I told him I was aware of the newer model. He said it's the same phone with no antenna and miniSD, but the same bluetooth. I said "are you sure?" and he said "no." He also asked if I had taken it to a Sprint Store. I had to fight back a laugh but answered instead that I had done this in the past and found it less than helpful. Their solution is always the same "Let's hard reset and see what happens." This, truthfully, doesn't seem unreasonable as experience has probably told them that many problems are caused by third party apps. Regardless, he accepted my answer on that. I asked if there was a way to get the 755p. He said he'd swap the phones as a warranty exchange, asked me what color I wanted, gave me a confirmation number and said it would be herein 3-5 business days.

I did no raising of my voice or lawyeristic arguments in this conversation. I hadn't even entertained the notion of a warranty exchange, quite honestly. I was hoping that he'd offer a nice discount on the 755p which would be an incentive. So, the experience was rather quite pleasant, took about 15 minutes and was the first call I made to Sprint about the issue. It was a nice way to start my day
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast