Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    After wavering for ages, just ordered a 755 via the SERO plan. They charged me $199 for the phone. No rebate mentioned via this route, just the $199 price.

Although the SERO website no longer lists the unlimited text messaging promotion, when I gently asked about it, the CSR said unlimited text messaging was included. Not sure it if would have been included if I hadn't asked.
    They have extended the unlimited text messages until the end of September. It shows this on the SERO homepage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
    They have extended the unlimited text messages until the end of September. It shows this on the SERO homepage.
    Ha! You're right, although the site is inconsistent.

I hadn't noticed, but the opening page does say the incentive has been extended. But if you try to order online, the 1st step of plan selection doesn't mention unlimited text in the list of included goodies, while the 2nd step offers unlimited text as a $10/mo option. Guess they just need to update the order pages.

Free SMS. Yum.
    Got mine free, in exchange for a network dropping 700p. Bye bye 700p. Sure won't miss you........
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Ha! You're right, although the site is inconsistent.

I hadn't noticed, but the opening page does say the incentive has been extended. But if you try to order online, the 1st step of plan selection doesn't mention unlimited text in the list of included goodies, while the 2nd step offers unlimited text as a $10/mo option. Guess they just need to update the order pages.

Free SMS. Yum.
    Yeah, I just ordered mine, so I will have to check my account once it's setup to ensure I got the unlimited text messages. I don't text, but want to make sure I get all the options that I'm supposed to get with the plan. Who knows, maybe I'll end up using it.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I just went into the Sprint store and got my blue Treo 755p for $199. I was eligible for the $150 upgrade rebate, they gave me a $130 instant rebate and the $100 mail-in rebate. Didn't have to ask for anything, call anyone or complain about anything. Very happy with my new Treo!
    The retention department rep said she was going to make some changes to my account. How long will it take for those changes to show up? They are still not listed on SprintPCS.com.

Thanks,

Rick
    Yeah got mine free also, exchanged for a 700p. Blue
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I paid $199 for mine when I called the SERO reps on Sunday, 7/22.
    I am going to try and call retention to exchange my 700p for the 755p. From the thread it seems that people have had success with this.

Did anyone who successfully did this also lean on the retention department to get their 700p? I got quite a few concessions and think that I paid $125 for my 700p about 6 months ago.

Thanks
    Sprint ordered me a replacement 700p for mine which had a blown speaker. When I went in to pick it up a week later, it had been given to someone else. So they gave me a 755p instead! HellYeahhh! Free baby.
    FREE! A blue one...

After multiple audio problems on my 700p they exchanged it. I don't thin they did it as a favor though, I think they were out OR it was a typing accident.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimzee View Post
    I am going to try and call retention to exchange my 700p for the 755p. From the thread it seems that people have had success with this.

Did anyone who successfully did this also lean on the retention department to get their 700p? I got quite a few concessions and think that I paid $125 for my 700p about 6 months ago.

Thanks
    I got my 700p in January and replaced it many times until I finally emailed ecare and asked if they could just replace it with a 755p, they agreed.
    I called retention and tried to exchange my 700p for a 755p and stated I was having problems with 700p. They didn't bite and said there was nothing they could do because I was out of the 30 day warranty exchange period.

Separately, my girlfriend called retention and got the 755p for $199 (no rebates). She left her family's Family Plan and they offered her $40 (1000 minutes) + $10 (data plan) + free texting.

Not a super deal or anything for the phone, but not bad considering she has had her current phone for less than 2 years. I thought the plan they offered her was pretty good for $50 a month. A similar plan (with 900 minutes) should cost about $80.
    getting one for .99 after rebates
    Did anybody get their account charged for the amount of the rebate? I signed up on SERO with a 755p for me and a Katana for my wife. I got a message saying my rebate was coming ($250) and then I checked my account online and there is a "mystery" charge of $250 on my account. Anybody know what gives with that?
    Anyone with a better deal than $199? (not really counting upgrades/exchanges from 700). The sero deal seems pretty good and I am wondering if I should go for it or try to get it for less than $199? I want it now! (But I need 2 so $400 is still quite a bit for me.)
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011