155 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Retentions. This is the deal they gave me:

5 Lines (4 Treos and a simple backup) all services shared
    2100 anytime minutes $110
    weekends and after 7pm free
    unlimited text messages $20
    unlimited data (Powervision) $25
    total $185 plus tax less 26% Corporate discount

Upgraded 1 Treo 600 and 1 Treo 650 for $229 each charged to my credit card... before any rebates for which I can manage to qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslisfree View Post

Want to know more about the SERO plan? SERO
    Thank you for linking to my SERO thread on SD.
    Malyshka your thread is awesome and taught me everything I needed to know to get my Sero plan. I read it for months before I got the 755P and it gave me the confidence to go ahead and purchase my first Treo. Thanks for all your time and effort!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    All I have to say is that I LOVE Sprint and today I'm wearing my Sprint shirt.

Al
    X2

5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Thank you for linking to my SERO thread on SD.
    You did a great job of putting everything together, even long time SERO users can learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    All I have to say is that I LOVE Sprint and today I'm wearing my Sprint shirt.

Al
    Who's behind do I have to kiss to get my Sprint shirt?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Are we allowed to send in copies of the receipt for the $100 rebate? It doesn't specify like the $75 Kellogg rebate.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    soul I believe it has to be the original for the rebate. I think it said that on the rebate form. I did make a copy of it before I sent it.
    I'm a 650 owner with SERO plan under contract for about another year, although I haven't used a phone rebate from them in quite some time. (won the 650 in the Palm anniversary contest a couple years back to upgrade from the 300 i got from Sprint). Anyhow, Sprint called last friday and offered me some Sanyo phone for free but I said I needed a smart phone so they immediately offered me a Treo 755p for $279. I was busy leaving for a trip so I asked them to call me back this week, which the (Indian) caller readily agreed to do.

So now I'm here wondering if I should go for this or not or if there are any options for getting a better deal. It seems the Power Pack and $100 rebate are expired now. Any replacements for these? Do you think I could get the phone for $279 and then send in the $150 new-for-you rebate successfully?

Prior to them calling, I had been considering calling to see what they would do for me in terms of replacing or side-grading the phone because the SD slot is very intermittent. Has anybody had any luck with this? I don't have the insurance plan, but could I add it for a few months and then report the slot problem?
    Still waiting for rebates, but assuming they're not denied:

+$279.00 ordered on Sero $30 plan
    -$100.00 Mail In Sprint Rebate
    -$75.00 Sprint-Kellogg Rebate
    -$50.00 "SAVE50" Coupon credited to account
    $54.00

Sold my old Treo 90 on Ebay for $46.00, so net net should be $8.00 for the 755P.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I am a sprint user with a business discount. I still have one more year on my contract. However I called yesterday and tried to get some kind of deal on the phone. they told me I had to pay $500 for the phone because I can only get $75 off. I told them I am a business customer and I also have insurance and my 650 keeps rebooting... It actually does and did it again 2 x's today. they keps transferring me to different places who told me no deal. finally they transferred me to the business division since my account is under that. still no dice.. is there anything I can possibally do?
    The wife and I both had to fight for the $280 pricetag. Even though it's in huge font on the SERO site, it took getting to retention for them to honor the price. Also, we didn't get unlimited text messaging out of the box. Had to call and fight for that as well. After we got the right credits and the right services, we are hoping things will stick and we won't have a problem. Just wanted to let people know, that you don't always get a smooth sail through this order process. Need some patience and a couple hours to be on hold, but in the end, $280 for a rockin' phone and $30 a month for data AND 500 minutes is awesome.
    my treo was free....kind of.

i bought a samsung a900 about a year and a hlaf ago from best buy along with the 2 year product replacement plan. Over the past several months I have been having problems with my phone so I went through all the steps and the comprable phone they sent me to replace my a900 was a treo755p. Not too shabby....and I thought I was going to get screwed.
    FREE!! Messed my 700p up and called *2 and they don't have anymore 700p's so new Treo for me
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I've been a Sprint customer for some time, and after reading a lot of positive feedback about the 755p, I wanted to upgrade my 650. But when I called a few weeks back, the best they could offer was $299. Don't know why, but they gave me the 755p for $199 online: $579 - $280 (discount for 2 yr. agreement) - $100 (mail-in rebate). Finally something for existing customers - log into your account at sprintpcs.com and click on upgrade phone. Good luck!
    I got mine through an ebay dealer for $100.00 when I added a third line to my account. After the rebate, it should be free.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Just as an FYI, I just saw on the sprint site that they are offering the 755p for $199 after rebate. They just posted a new $100 rebate at: http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/mailInRebates.html and http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/MY7201-1750.pdf .

I paid $279 each for two of them about a week ago and I'm gonna try and call them and see if I can get them to match the price.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    Just as an FYI, I just saw on the sprint site that they are offering the 755p for $199 after rebate. They just posted a new $100 rebate at: http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/mailInRebates.html and http://www.sprintpcs.com/pages/MY7201-1750.pdf .

I paid $279 each for two of them about a week ago and I'm gonna try and call them and see if I can get them to match the price.

you should be able to. i bought mine on the 15th of june for $379 minus a $100 mail in. i do not have a $25 data plan though so i don't think i would get the rebate anyways. i emailed ecare to see if they could help and they said that they were selling the 755 for $279. i tried to reply to the email, but for some reason it was undeliverable. so i called account services (retentions) and explained that i wanted a $100 credit to compensate for the price drop. after some explaining, they applied the $100 credit.

you have to explain it a certain way though. apparently sprint does not do pricematches. so when you call in to *2 talk say "cancel" to the automated answering. then explain to the rep that you have a better price on the same phone and rather than go through the hassle of cancelling and buying the new one you would simply like a credit on the account.

then monday (the 17th) i saw that both sprint and sero had the phone for $199. I called again, but it was 31 days NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i missed it by one FRICKEN DAY! they won that one. i used to work at best buy and would have to enforce return policies all the time so i didn't fight it out of respect for the game. i will work thier system for all its worth, but i will back off when i beaten.

so after everything i got the treo for $579 - $200 new line - $100 price match - $50 (save50) = $229 and it was billed to my account so i will pay for it over 3 or 4 months. not too bad.

i probably could have gotten more, but i don't want to become one of the accounts cancelled by sprint
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    you all need to swing by sprintusers.com and check out the tips and tricks section. you will never be the same.

*** i take no responsibility if you get your account cancelled
    Quote Originally Posted by charliewat View Post
    FREE!! Messed my 700p up and called *2 and they don't have anymore 700p's so new Treo for me
    Same for me, unfortunately, I'd rather have stuck with the 700p's better stylus, larger battery, arguably better signal from the external antenna, and most importantly, standard sized SD(HC) slot for the 16 GB worth of cards I've accrued over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    Just as an FYI, I just saw on the sprint site that they are offering the 755p for $199 after rebate.
    After wavering for ages, just ordered a 755 via the SERO plan. They charged me $199 for the phone. No rebate mentioned via this route, just the $199 price.

Although the SERO website no longer lists the unlimited text messaging promotion, when I gently asked about it, the CSR said unlimited text messaging was included. Not sure it if would have been included if I hadn't asked.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast