1.    #1  
    Hmm. I guess #777 is definitely gone on the 755p. I can't get it to connect. Was hoping to avoid the PAM plan, since I maybe use it for just 20 minutes a month (tops...total) to connect my laptop. That stinks.
    Yet another reason to keep the 700p...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Does enabling that automatically activate (or flag) the Sprint network DUN plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by printergirl1 View Post
    Hmm. I guess #777 is definitely gone on the 755p. I can't get it to connect. Was hoping to avoid the PAM plan, since I maybe use it for just 20 minutes a month (tops...total) to connect my laptop. That stinks.
    I'm going to have to ask about this when I pick up mine, this evening. Let us know if you get it working.

-w3m
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I can't get it to connect either, but Palm advertises Bluetooth DUN as being built-in to the phone.

I'm on the SERO plan so I'm not sure what else there is to do. My Mac connects to the phone but then eventually times out and says a modem error occured.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I got it working with my Samsung Q1 UMPC. I just copied the tethered mode hack to the 755p and paired the 755p with my Q1 and it works fine.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Confirmed that the 700P hack works on my 755P using Bluetooth DUN on my MBP.

Thanks guys
    I've frequently gotten the error that says the port is in-use, in the past. How do you folks get around that?

(This was on a 650, but I expect it with the 755p, too.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I've frequently gotten the error that says the port is in-use, in the past. How do you folks get around that?

(This was on a 650, but I expect it with the 755p, too.)
    I got this error when I tried doing a bluetooth hotsync with my Mac. I had to go in and setup a virtual com port for bluetooth and then setup the proper bluetooth conduit for it to work. However, Bluetooth Hotsync is still pretty sketchy and it's slow :/

I miss WiFi hotsync on my old Palm T|X... but I couldn't do without a keyboard.
  11.    #11  
    Totally bummed. Still haven't figured out a way to get DUN to work, and tethered mode doesn't work either.

Can't for the life of me figure it out. Any MACINTOSH users get either to work? I have followed directions step by step from every source I can find, for both ways, and still nothing. I'm not even sure that PAM will work on a Mac either at this point, from what I have been able to find.
    Last edited by printergirl1; 05/16/2007 at 08:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The easy way is to simply pay Sprint for the "privilege." I know folks think they shouldn't have to pay extra, but that's what the contract requires.

*shrug*
  13.    #13  
    And I have NO problem with that AT ALL. I am happy to PAY for it IF it works! From what I have read though, Mac users can't use PAM tethered, only via bluetooth, and the connection is way slower (even with EVDO) by bluetooth than tethered. It doesn't seem fair to have to pay the same price for LESSER service than others get. And as I've said, I have been able to find Sprint Connection software for macintosh. That is why I am hoping some other Mac users will chime in.

I am MORE THAN HAPPY to pay the same price for service as others, as LONG as I'm getting the SAME service!

I have tried to call Sprint several times regarding this, and they are clueless.
    And I have NO problem with that AT ALL. I am happy to PAY for it IF it works! From what I have read though, Mac users can't use PAM tethered, only via bluetooth, and the connection is way slower (even with EVDO) by bluetooth than tethered. It doesn't seem fair to have to pay the same price for LESSER service than others get. And as I've said, I have been able to find Sprint Connection software for macintosh. That is why I am hoping some other Mac users will chime in.

I am MORE THAN HAPPY to pay the same price for service as others, as LONG as I'm getting the SAME service!

I have tried to call Sprint several times regarding this, and they are clueless.
    I already said in my above post that the tether hack works fine with Bluetooth DUN. No plan necessary.

As for using the Sprint service... I can't get the Sprint Connection Manager software to even work in Windows, so I'm guessing you may need their little tethering plan for that to even work. Kinda sucks, but I'm happy with bluetooth DUN for when I really need the internet everywhere.

Otherwise, hope for a USB mode for PDANet in Macs or wait for USBModem to come out for the 755p. Why pay the monthly fee when you could just pay once to the USBModem guys?
  15.    #15  
    I have tried and tried to get tether hack to work and it won't connect. I have no idea what I am doing wrong?
    I have tried and tried to get tether hack to work and it won't connect. I have no idea what I am doing wrong?
    I'm not a MAC guy but I could swear that there were some who got it working with 700p+ MAC. Your answers may lie here. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115986
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Care to be more descriptive about what's not working?
    The first time i tried using DUN on my 700p with my Macbook Pro using the Internet on Air instructions a month ago (http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/), it worked. But since then, it won't connect. It never dial's #777 anymore. I can see my mac connecting to the treo's BT, but that's about it. I tried doing a hard reset and and following the steps again without resyncing all my apps and backups and it still doesn't want to dial #777.

Any Mac users still able to connect as of recent?