1.    #1  
    I know threads like these have been around forever, but I'm curious. How do you protect your Treo? Do you protect your treo (other than the screen)?

Do you like padded cases (flip, sleeve etc.)?
    Do you like form fitting (leather? silicone? etc.)?
    Belt clip or no?
    What's your brand? Got a pic?

I've been using a removable screen protector from Javoedge and clear adhesive skins from www.bestskinsever.com. I carry it almost exclusively in my front pants pock and the skins have helped avoid a few scrapes.

Expecting my luck to run out eventually, I bought a couple of cases for situational usage.

First, I bought a Krusell classic with the multi-adapt clip http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...86_1946_199914 It's very form fitting leather with a clear, flexible plastic shield across the face. Though I generally hate clips, it's kinda fun to play with this one. I love the form fit and the full face protection. However, dust does get under the plastic, it can make it hard to view in the sun, the zipper can be a little annoying, and the unit can get a little hot. Keeping in mind that no case is really perfect, it is a great, all around, thin case that can take some knocks and scuffs.

Second, I bought a Covertec luxury flip case http://www.covertecstore.com/photos/sets/TREO700.jpg . I have had flip covers with PDAs but never a phone. Covertec leather and workmanship are very elegant and I love the look of this case. Many cases make themselves look like part of the phone. This case looks more like I am dressing my phone up in a nice suit. It is easy to hold and talk on, though the bar that runs across the phone, under the screen, can block the green and red buttons a little or the bottom edge of the screen if you push it up. Closed, it offers a lot of protection. Opened, the upper half of the phone is exposed. It has a removable swivel clip system I prefer to remove. I like it for when I am dressing up. Like most flip cases for the Treo, it does add some bulk and weight, which I cam trying to get used to (Treos not tiny, after all) but it is just such a nice case, I had to keep it, even if I don't use it all the time.

All in all, I think I will go naked-esq much of the time, and add cases when I think I might need some extra protection.

Please feel free to comment on my cases as well as telling me about yours. Anyone have the Krusell? The Covertec?

Thanks!
    I use the Palm Flexi Case around the house and the Rex Regina Stanton and Harrison cases when I go out...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=Rex+Regina
    Egrips and screen protector. I have been using them since 2004. I tried both Vaja and Piel Frama cases, but found them too bulky...personal preference.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I use a Rex Regina Harrison case - nice and snug.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Egrips and screen protector. I have been using them since 2004. I tried both Vaja and Piel Frama cases, but found them too bulky...personal preference.
    Same here but I use a BestSkinsEver instead of Egrips.
  6.    #6  
    It's interesting to see how many people go for e-grips or the like, and a screen protector.

I've definitely been leaning more this way for a while. I guess I just missed having nice leather cases, but they do add some size so I don't use them every day.

Does anyone know if there are any similar products to e-grips or bestskinsever, that protect the face more (the frame around the screen, maybe even little decals for the hot keys? I have seen colored skins that go over the whole front of the phone (around the screen) and even over the keyboard.
    I use a hybrid of sorts...

I bought one of those plastic shell/skins that has a SD card holder and a flip screen protector from a kiosk at a local mall. I hate the belt clip it came with because

1) it free swivels
    2) my Treo faces out

So I grabbed the holster from my tough skin from Spec Products and it snaps in quite nicely. Ive gone the extra mile and bought a velcro strap to wrap around it to make sure it stays.

Ill try to remember to post pix of the set up soon.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    P.S.

I also have a screen protector on the actual screen.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw View Post
    I use a Rex Regina Harrison case - nice and snug.
    Us girls with taste stick together...
    i am addicted to the palmone flexiskin, the other day i switched back to my hard rubberized case from seidio but now i do not like the feel of the buttons not being covered, i got so used to them being covered, it made typing so much quicker and easier

my only choices for cases with keypad covered is the flexiskin or zcover

i am currently looking for a clip option or holster that works with the flexiskin, i am not really into the horizontal leather brick pouches, looks real dumb when u have shorts or jogging pants on, my 2 cents
    I swap between the naked phone with the Seidio extended battery door, and the same setup but with the Seidio slim rubberized case to protect things. I like the way the "humpy" battery door fits my hand better...but it feels 100% more bulky with the case on it...very "brick-like".

I have used the Martin Fields screen protector...and have a Seidio that I haven't tried yet. But, for now...I am using a screen protector from www.bestskinsever.com that works terrific and goes on without a bubble. For somebody that sucks like I do at installing those things...that is a keeper!!

I currently use a couple of Seidio holsters to hold my phones...except they don't work very well at it, and I am expecting an improved beta version soon that is supposed to work 100% better coming soon...and I will do a review as soon as it comes. So, until that arrives...I am using a Palm Horizontal leather case. It is very BIG...and allows the slim and sexy 680 to flop around a lot...but with the extended battery (and especially the slim case on it too) it fits a lot better.

I am taking a cue from Christinac130 and picking up a Rex Regina Stanton case soon...which will mean going back to the original battery and battery door. But...I'm looking forward to it anyway.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Us girls with taste stick together...
    You know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130;1258699}
    I am taking a cue from Christinac130 and picking up a Rex Regina Stanton case soon...which will mean going back to the original battery and battery door. But...I'm looking forward to it anyway.
    Great choice! The Rex Regina cases are beautifully made. I'm still searching for something to use for when I'm on the go a lot at kids games, etc. - but I'm not sure what yet. I don't usually carry a purse - just gear, water bottles, sunscreen, bug stuff, and a wallet.
    What Rex Regina case are you using? I use the Harrison when I carry a bag, but the Stanton is great when you're on the go...
    I have the Harrison - Tangerine Croc. I love it and it's great in a bag - but a little awkward to hold onto when not using a bag. I really dont' like belt clips...so I'm not sure WHAT I want. I guess I'd like to be able to put it in a pocket, have it protected from scratches, and still be able to answer the phone quickly without having to take it out of a case - maybe a leather form fit like the sena cases would be good...there's SO many choices, and I hate hiding the crimson!
    I had a Krusell case when I first bought my 750 but I stopped using it when the snap on the top started to rub off the paint of my treo. I now use the Boxwave silicone case with the door over the screen in black.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I've tried the Krusell Classic for a while, didn't like the feel of the keyboard/using stylus with screen through the plastic. Moved on to the Sena Magnetic Flipper, and liked it alot - but hated the bulk it added to my otherwise sleek Treo 650. Now I've got a Shield Zone Invisible Shield and a generic, pleather holster that I got in Walmart. Now I'm finally happy...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix